Ferentz's post game presser

That would not surprise me. Kirk and his wife donated approx. $28,000.00 to the Childrens Hospital to meet our goal at the 2014 Ladies Football Academy. They are very charitable people!

Please stop. The guy makes more than $4 million dollars (28k is .007% of that). Kirk's charity is the same as someone making $100K a year donating $700 to a cause. I've done that in the last two months and I don't make that kind of money. How about he donate that money to the folks that wasted money on the trip to J-ville.

Please stop. The guy makes more than $4 million dollars (28k is .007% of that). Kirk's charity is the same as someone making $100K a year donating $700 to a cause. I've done that in the last two months and I don't make that kind of money. How about he donate that money to the folks that wasted money on the trip to J-ville.

Obviously.... like KF would say "it's not rocket science" that $28,000 is a drop in the bucket for him but that was not the point. I was just agreeing with a prior comment . Calm down

I just cannot believe that Barta is that poor at evaluating talent (he did play QB in college) that he can honestly say he thinks next year will be better. He believes we have a good returning nucleus? Unbelievable.

Barta's actions are understandable. He sees his role as a salesman for the program, and has little flexibility in doing anything with Ferentz considering the huge contract he gave him, and the fact that Ferentz has won 7 games this year and 8 last. Barta would probably want 2 consecutive seasons with a losing record before he would act.

I was honestly hoping Amendola would declare him concussed and someone else would have to run the show.

I'm a nice person too and fairly generous with charities. But you do not want me coaching Iowa football.

I just cannot believe that Barta is that poor at evaluating talent (he did play QB in college) that he can honestly say he thinks next year will be better. He believes we have a good returning nucleus? Unbelievable.

Well, he wasn't going to step up to the media and summarily throw the young men who committed to our program under the bus. We may have some talent, but we're not coaching it out & getting diamonds in the rough in recent years.

That would not surprise me. Kirk and his wife donated approx. $28,000.00 to the Childrens Hospital to meet our goal at the 2014 Ladies Football Academy. They are very charitable people!
So are the Carvers but I don't want them coaching my football team either.

There is 0 doubt that Kirk Ferentz is a good person. But sometimes I wonder if his good nature and desire to do the right thing makes him overly charitable to players that do things right off the field, but not on it.

Charity is nothing without accountability in other areas of your life.

Actually, I would say charity is what it is, independent of anything else in life. I would say there is no reason to correlate one to the other. I personally think it is great that he is a charitable person. That doesn't mean he should have a job if he isn't performing, though.

Actually, I would say charity is what it is, independent of anything else in life. I would say there is no reason to correlate one to the other. I personally think it is great that he is a charitable person. That doesn't mean he should have a job if he isn't performing, though.

My point is that his charity extends beyond giving to people with poor circumstances that need the cash and service and to football players that are poorer in talent but rich in good nature. Athletic charity that undermines the ideal of competition and bettering yourself so that you can compete.