Ferentz's JUCO Recruiting Failure is ISU's Gain

iowalaw

Banned
It seems as though teams who hovered in the top 10 in the nation all season like Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn, and Oklahoma, and will be playing in big time bowl games feel that they have some holes to fill for next year and have mined the JUCOs for talent to reload. In addition, bottom feeders like Illinois and Iowa State have gone after top JUCO talent to field respectable rosters next year. Even Texas, who has its pick of 5 star high school talent from within the state loaded up on JUCOs this year. So what possible reason could Kirk have not to restock his low talent squad with the nation's 60th best recruiting class not go go out and recruit some big time JUCO OL, DL, and LBs to add depth to next year's team? I mean, Iowa State seriously got a top 10 JUCO class yet we can't manage to get a single JUCO commit? Do the coaches not want to win? Are they so stubborn that they can't change?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...nes-midterm-junior-college-recruits/20582643/

Who really gives a crap if we lost a juco recruit to ISU football??

You're just reaching for another way to bring Ferentz down. But this holds no weight.

Now if this were a bball recruit maybe we could talk.

HawkWT's link shows that ISU lost a decommit to the Texas Longhorns...and that's supposed to a bad sign? Somehow their coach (who makes 1/4 of what our coach makes) gets blue chippers capable of getting Texas offers interested in Iowa State despite the Cyclones having one of the worst programs in D1 football, with some of the lamest facilities.

Wouldn't it be nice to be in the running with this kind of kid rather than beating out non-existent UAB for our recruits...like how we landed our top WR commit, 2 star Adrian Falconer. Given what little talent we have coming back at WR, I'm thinking it would make sense to bring in a JUCO WR. But clearly Kirk and I disagree on a few things.

It has to do with Iowa's academic transfer requirement over those other schools.

iowalaw wouldn't know anything about anything of sum or substance. he is all hack.

i'm sure iowalaw has many, or at least one other alias on this board - he likes being the clown, which he does a good job of.

To say that Iowa doesn't even go after JUCO Players is foolish. We have no idea of what goes on behind closed doors or why a kid may choose one school over another. Iowa does get some transfers but obviously they are not goign to get all they recruit. It us the same with a regular recruit. I am sure the coaches have a huge list of names that they target but ultimatley it always isn't up to them. I find this topic growing old.

Iowahawk, you are clueless as to Iowa's academic requirements. Do you know how much easier it is to get into Iowa than it is Illinois or Texas? Those are top notch academic institutions. Somehow, they tore it up in JUCO recruiting this year. Is it easier to get into Iowa State than Iowa? Again, I'm thinking not, but their coaching staff landed some big time JUCOs. Why? Because they tried and they have enough foresight to know that there are holes on their rosters that need to be filled by guys who can play right away.

It has to do with Iowa's academic transfer requirement over those other schools.

That's because Rhoads has a rolodex with NFL GM's phone numbers. They want the fast track to the league.

ISU is trying to copy KSU because they have no identity or ability to develop players on their own. They are epically bad at football, and equally bad at recruiting. Now lets stop comparing ourselves to them.

ISU is trying to copy KSU because they have no identity or ability to develop players on their own. They are epically bad at football, and equally bad at recruiting. Now lets stop comparing ourselves to them.

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better about their program being so far ahead of ours.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Iowa Western has one of the BEST JUCO programs in the country. For Iowa to ignore this program in their home state is foolish. Iowa could have the pick of the litter every year if they put any effort at all into it. The roster is full of Iowa kids that would love being Hawkeyes. So if you like championship caliber athetics, follow Iowa Western. 13 players are going to div 1 schools next year,,,,none to Iowa. Go Reivers!

Who really gives a crap if we lost a juco recruit to ISU football??

You're just reaching for another way to bring Ferentz down. But this holds no weight.

Now if this were a bball recruit maybe we could talk.

disagree, Iba. kfootball's approach is to forego the JUCO player because it interrupts the constancy of taking 2 and sometimes 3 years to groom players into starters. kfootball doesn't go after JUCO's, by and large. Instead of bringing in, say, 2 or 3 JUCO's at lb for this past season, kfootball went with unready or not very talented lb's. We got torched all season long with our lb pass coverage and edge run defense.

As soon as we start beating ISU on a very regular basis, we can stop.

Yes, as long as we lose to the Clowns, we can not compare to them.

Which guy did Ferentz miss out on so we can complain about Ferentz this offseason?

-The guy who committed to Iowa out of High School, never had the grades and enrolled in Council Bluffs U, tweeted out a picture of himself with a gun, makes bizarre statements about Ferentz and Rhoads on twitter, then goes to Iowa State and gets kicked off the team after one season, now struggling to get onto a MAC team.

-The guy who plays one season for Iowa State after Community College, joins a group of kids at the Veishea "festivities" and has his picture taken with a vandalized stop sign. Later asked to leave the team.

Latest posts