Ferentz: "Not much energy into DC search. Do that in January."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what he says to the media, if you think KF hasn't even thought about his staff openings and is just waiting until January to start the search... you truly are a freaking moron. How do you even find your way to the bathroom to take a pee in the morning?

Sometimes I think KF does this on purpose just so he can come on here and read this crap for a good laugh.

I've often wondered this myself.....I can see it now, were not above running someone up the flag poll at work ourselves...."Boy I tossed them a burning bag today fellas"..."truly its hard to imagine how stupid some of these guys really are...?!?Makes you wonder if they can even cash their own checks".... "Maybe I should go into real estate, these guys are easy marks..."

Chad

Last edited:
Regardless of what he says to the media, if you think KF hasn't even thought about his staff openings and is just waiting until January to start the search... you truly are a freaking moron. How do you even find your way to the bathroom to take a pee in the morning? Sometimes I think KF does this on purpose just so he can come on here and read this crap for a good laugh.
+10000000000

SO WHY NOT NAME HIM?
WHY?

I can't believe I am even helping you here....please tell me your about 25 and just pretty darn naive so I can at least have a little faith in humanity. Of course I see the people who walk thru our dealership daily and I've got little left as it is, but here goes....

If they hire someone outside the staff, most, again MOST every darn one of them currently have jobs that they need to do and if, again IF they are well respected and needed employees they are probably going to finish the bowl season/NFL season where they are at.......heck KF did that when he came here. The diff is, no one that this guy is playing for wants to play for a guy they KNOW is leaving.

There is more, but if you can't grasp this I'll punt, thank-you very much....

Chad

PS....I do have a precedence of this happening with me and a couple other guys in my field and we were asked to stay on a couple weeks and not tell anyone if we could. And yes it is analogous.

Last edited:
@treychase and hawkfan33

Please pick a different team to follow/root for. You are pathetic, and an embarrassment to the HawkeyeNation. In fact, you're fired. We have decided to move in a different direction.

No I wouldn't. I really don't give a **** about defending our Insight Bowl title. If we're not playing on new years day, which has become very diluted itself, a bowl win really doesn't matter that much.

Too you.... not me, not most fans, not the coaches and not the players. Honestly that says a great deal about what and who you are....If we hired a coach like you'd I'd be sick about it.

You should stop while you can still be thought of as just negative....that's a step up from where you are heading!

Chad

I am guessing that the majority of the posters here are being ignorant for fun. There is no possible way that this many morons can find their way to one website at once.

Maybe getting internet access to all was a bad choice.
I once believed as you do but the moron population has more than convinced me that the destruction of natural selection has doomed the human race to stupidity.

I just don't get how some think it would be disrespectful to Norm to name a new DC for after his retirement. I guarantee you Norm is thinking about leaving the program in a good place and would only be more pleased to see a good hire in place immediately.

And I've said it before and will again, there is a distinct possibility that having a top notch D Coordinator the last 13 years is the primary reason KF has had a (mostly) successful program in the past. There is NO actual tangible evidence KF can get us back to 10 win seasons without Norm or an equivalently skilled DC. Offensively for almost all of 13 years we have been mathematically and opportunistically mediocre. No disputing that. Defense has been the backbone of the program. So, therefore, the hiring of a new DC is THE biggest moment of the last 13 years of Iowa football. Even if his statement was not true, it's plain irritating to hear "not much energy".

Too you.... not me, not most fans, not the coaches and not the players. Honestly that says a great deal about what and who you are....If we hired a coach like you'd I'd be sick about it.

You should stop while you can still be thought of as just negative....that's a step up from where you are heading!

Chad

Oh no, an anonymous guy on a message board who can't even spell "enough" correctly and spends all his free time watching high school football is judging me! The horror!

If I'm a coach of another program in competition with Iowa for a recruit, the first freakin' thing I'm bringing up is the lack of a DC and the DL coach leaving. And I repeat it every chance I get.

And if you are doing that right now you are violating NCAA rules.

I can't believe I am even helping you here....please tell me your about 25 and just pretty darn naive so I can at least have a little faith in humanity. Of course I see the people who walk thru our dealership daily and I've got little left as it is, but here goes....

If they hirer someone outside the staff, most, again MOST every darn one of them currently have jobs that they need to do and if, again IF they are well respected and needed employees they are probably going to finish the bowl season/NFL season where they are at.......heck KF did that when he came here. The diff is, no one that this guy is playing for wants to play for a guy they KNOW is leaving.

There is more, but if you can't grasp this I'll punt, thank-you very much....

Chad

PS....I do have a precedence of this happening with me and a couple other guys in my field and we were asked to stay on a couple weeks and not tell anyone if we could. And yes it is analogous.

You said Parker, I said why not name him. Still waiting for a reason.
So your gibberish above is irrelevant.

If its not Parker, you certainly don't say things like we'll worry about it in January. That comes across as we don't really care right now. Instead I'd argue you say something like, we're assessing the situation, evaluating some things and trying to make a good decision for the program or any number of things that don't resemble...we'll worry about it in January.

At first I thought that there is no way that there are people as ignorant as some of the posters in this thread appear to be but then I realized that no one in full possession of their faculties would want to appear to be that stupid if they weren't in fact a complete idiot. So now I am embarrassed....as a human being. We truly are doomed as a race.

I just don't get how some think it would be disrespectful to Norm to name a new DC for after his retirement. I guarantee you Norm is thinking about leaving the program in a good place and would only be more pleased to see a good hire in place immediately.

And I've said it before and will again, there is a distinct possibility that having a top notch D Coordinator the last 13 years is the primary reason KF has had a (mostly) successful program in the past. There is NO actual tangible evidence KF can get us back to 10 win seasons without Norm or an equivalently skilled DC. Offensively for almost all of 13 years we have been mathematically and opportunistically mediocre. No disputing that. Defense has been the backbone of the program. So, therefore, the hiring of a new DC is THE biggest moment of the last 13 years of Iowa football. Even if his statement was not true, it's plain irritating to hear "not much energy".

Maybe for you...... most of us realize it is coach speak, and aren't going to get all worked up over it.

It is amazing to me that fans actually think they are more invested in a team than the coaches who spend 80+hour work week, coaching, recruiting, studying film, etc. KF has invested more of himself into this program over the last week, than any of us will do in our lifetimes.....

So why did coach K not finish his job and bolt for Nebraska or wherever he went?

I'm sure the "blind followers" can spin you up an answer.

Probably something like...he wasn't well received, his time was up, he wasn't getting promoted.

Real world answer is he simply went to a better program for more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts