Ferentz Irritated with Peter Gray Question

Chris Hassel viewed the entire thing and said that Ferentz berated him - not just a "f-bomb" slipping out... but that he dressed him down in anger.

He also never saw Kirk apologize

Hassel witnessed the exchange and also said the reporter was trying to apologize for how the question was asked, not for the question itself, and Ferentz still dressed him down pretty good.

Morehouse reported that Kirk later apologized to the same reporter.

Poster citing reports of KF dressing down reporters. Golfer witnessed to snicker and mumble quietly to himself, "Good, they deserve it." More on this developing story later at 5. Five at 6. In depth interviews with Liberal Arts Administrators who are setting up emergency counselling session, with emphasis on sensitivity.

Poster citing reports of KF dressing down reporters. Golfer witnessed to snicker and mumble quietly to himself, "Good, they deserve it." More on this developing story later at 5. Five at 6. In depth interviews with Liberal Arts Administrators who are setting up emergency counselling session, with emphasis on sensitivity.

Hey if Kirk wants to bring it I'm all for it - let the reporters "bring it" also.

We don't need any sensitivity training.

I actually kind of like that kirk is showing emotion - but I wish he would do it on the football field and not at reporters.

In depth team reporting on this breaking story at 5. Mille BS of Arts will be live in Iowa City, Ted MA will be at local schools to see how they are handling this crisis, and Billy Cum La De will be stalking sally Mason on why her comments only came out after KF had to lose his cool. We'll be interrupting our regularly schedule soap operas with updates, and tomorrow's cancellations of all area schools, churches and places of business.

Hassel witnessed the exchange and also said the reporter was trying to apologize for how the question was asked, not for the question itself, and Ferentz still dressed him down pretty good.

Morehouse reported that Kirk later apologized to the same reporter.

Did Morehouse report KF apologized to the reporter or for dropping the F-bomb?

Who the hell cares? Seems like a non issue to me.

Should make a lot of people on here happy that want KF to be more like Hayden when it comes to yelling at reporters about stupid questions.

Not a very classy move to corner a guy just trying to do his job, from someone who is supposed to be extra classy. I find it entertaining.

Should make a lot of people on here happy that want KF to be more like Hayden when it comes to yelling at reporters about stupid questions.

Breaking story Hoffa, get with the program. I can only type updates so fast. Right up there with 9/11, and the Space Shuttle tragedy.

Come on Hoffa . . . the train is going way off the tracks. It is fun to watch things derail, even the tiniest of things. Join us in the muck and mire.

Live In Cedar Rapids, Golfer now overheard to very loudly drop F Bomb. We are trying to piece together his quotes, which are garbled in this audio recording, but he can clearly be heard dropping the F Bomb, and the words Liberal, Reporters, and Cout De Tat. More later as this develops.

[video=youtube;BNItlRhixkg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNItlRhixkg[/video]

The whole thing should have been a non issue. It was Ferentz's reaction that made it an issue. Ferentz has been asked "stupid" questions before, but never reacted in this manner. It makes me wonder if it was really the "stupid" question, or that a reporter was actually getting close to a something the University would rather not come to light.

Golfer witnessed lighting a cigar. He is smiling. Something is horribly wrong.

Soon the young reporter, whose screen name I cannot recall, will be weighing in with a journalist's perspective.

Golfer wonders if he should go watch reporters stalk Sally Mason, and start to yell at her if spotted, "Both you and Barta are gone. Moral terpritude clause in your contract. I'm a big donor. You're toast"

Why is it stupid for a reporter to ask the HC of a DivI (at least for now) football program whether he has told his student-athletes to stay away from a certain academic adviser?

The whole thing should have been a non issue. It was Ferentz's reaction that made it an issue. Ferentz has been asked "stupid" questions before, but never reacted in this manner. It makes me wonder if it was really the "stupid" question, or that a reporter was actually getting close to a something the University would rather not come to light.

Since I'm not seeing the "like" button on your post I will quote it and like it.

I'm thinking that maybe the brass would have given KF a "heads up" to not respond in any way what so ever to any question regarding Gray.

Latest posts