Ferentz Irritated with Peter Gray Question

This can't be the first time he's been presented with a question under that premise of "It's out there" or "Rumor has it"?

Seems like a pretty strong reaction especially when Luke was able to come back with a named source.

Luke never named the source, I added it in because people would ask.

The guy, whether you like him or not, has a full time job, and all the sudden he starts getting asked questions about a "rumor". Probably irritated by the way the question was gramed, and maybe the fact that the AD didn't make him aware that this might be out there.

I'd get irritated also. He was hired to coach football, and being asked a question about an internal personnel issue probably caught him off guard.

I can see it.
Baloney.

Being a spokesman for your program comes with the territory, which in Ferentz's case is pretty darned green.

To borrow the captain's own words, if he doesn't like it he should just get out.

He's not a spokesman for the hiring practices of the U of I. Only for the football program. His players haven't had contact, at least that's what he said, for a long time. Why should he expect this type of question?

He's not a spokesman for the hiring practices of the U of I. Only for the football program. His players haven't had contact, at least that's what he said, for a long time. Why should he expect this type of question?

He wasn't asked about the hiring practices of the U of I. He was asked toconfirm a rumor that HE communicated to HIS players to cease contact with Gray.

its pretty sad that we are forced to employ people like Gray in fear of being accused of being discriminatory

Kirk has always been pretty good about answering everything he is asked..the answers may not always have a lot of meat on the bone, but he does...I am guessing he didn't care for the 'It's out there' aspect of it...which he later repeated when he circled back around to the question.

I could care less if he answers this question or not. And I don't blame him for getting ticked off. After this season I would be easily irritated too. However, I would not say he always answers everything he is asked. Having a response that is snarky and agitated and actually answering the questions are two very different things.

he cant ******* talk about it dude!!!

Fine. Then that should have been the answer and this wouldn't have been an issue.

Instead KF spouts off some snarky comment that is was essentially a bad question and implying it shouldn't have been asked. When in fact it's a perfectly relevant question and one that any logical person can understand being asked of a football coach especially given the recent circumstances that occurred at Penn State.

So now he has to be asked questions in a certain format so he won't get upset? A lot of things Kirk has done as of late coupled with his smug little comments tick people off, we vent here but can't say the "F-Bomb" since Kirk can is it fair we can too Jon?

The guy acts like a two year old when ever he's asked something he doesn't like, and always has. But this year his chickens are coming home to roost. With out the wins to protect him, he's imploding when he has to take the heat that he brought on himself. And, no it's got nothing to do with that Peter Gray guy. He seems always ready to pout and cry when anybody asks him anything even romotely difficult.

FreedComanche

Tempers running high in the program right now! In years past KF has always found ways to win games that we shouldn't or at least get to 6 wins. Not gonna happen this year, I'm sure it's getting to him just like it is to all of us.

Fine. Then that should have been the answer and this wouldn't have been an issue.

Instead KF spouts off some snarky comment that is was essentially a bad question and implying it shouldn't have been asked. When in fact it's a perfectly relevant question and one that any logical person can understand being asked of a football coach especially given the recent circumstances that occurred at Penn State.

no, someone that was truly looking for an answer rather than trying to start some controversy would not have even directed the question to KF.

So now he has to be asked questions in a certain format so he won't get upset? A lot of things Kirk has done as of late coupled with his smug little comments tick people off, we vent here but can't say the "F-Bomb" since Kirk can is it fair we can too Jon?

Where have you been? Everyone always has to ask questions the right way or you run the risk of getting a snort or an "I don't know what that means" from him.

I could care less if he answers this question or not. And I don't blame him for getting ticked off. After this season I would be easily irritated too. However, I would not say he always answers everything he is asked. Having a response that is snarky and agitated and actually answering the questions are two very different things.

This. Even when he doesn't respond to questions in a smart arse manner, it's still a completely watered down, off on some tangent type answer. Makes you appreciate Fran's pressers that much more.

no, someone that was truly looking for an answer rather than trying to start some controversy would not have even directed the question to KF.

Okay I'll bite... who would be a better person to ask if the football players have been instructed whether or not to cut off contact with Gray?

My take is that KF runs a dictatorship. At this point with that long contract and that $20-ish million buyout, the guy only fears one thing - getting terminated for cause and losing the buyout. The Gray thing is irrelevant, he simply doesn't want ANY information about the football program EVER getting out unless it comes from his mouth or has otherwise been blessed. The key to running a good dictatorship is to control the flow of information and when people have rumors that may or may not contain an iota of truth, Kurt gets unhappy, hence his anger toward reporters.

Okay I'll bite... who would be a better person to ask if the football players have been instructed whether or not to cut off contact with Gray?

You funnel it through Miller, Miller calls the sports information director or whatever and 6 weeks later when you still don't have an answer you forget about it. That's who.

This entire thing is so stupid. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with the football program. This is just idiot muckracking journalists trying to stir up crap. There is a ton of stuff that KF is responsible for and needs to answer to, and this is not one of them. I for one am glad he dropped an F bomb on that idiot reporter. Stick to football related questions moron.

Latest posts