Ferentz Contract Bonus $$

Length and buyout are the same issue, its a percentage. I absolutely agree at something in the area of 8million is warranted for a guy of his tenure. More than that is insane.

No they aren't. I'd be fine with a 50 year contract with a $1 million buyout than a 10 year contract with a $20 million buyout. The length is irrelevant, it's the buyout that stings.

Kirk could cash in this year with incentives. Per the Des Moines Register:

- $225,000 if Iowa finishes among the top 10 of the final USA Today poll (as well as $275,000 for a top five finish, and $500,000 for a national championship).

- $175,000 for an outright Big Ten title, or $100,000 for a shared championship.

- $175,000 for appearing in a BCS bowl game.

Other incentives include $50,000 for being named national coach of the year, $25,000 for Big Ten coach of the year, and $75,000 for maintaining an annual graduation rate of more than 70 percent.
-----------------------

Count me as one that feels he is worth every dime he gets paid, because what he is doing at Iowa is not an easy thing to do.

Well maybe he'll get his graduation % bonus cause all those other bonuses are light years away.

Latest posts