Ferentz Contract Bonus $$

The guy ALWAYS seems to do the right thing, can't think of another person I'd rather have representing the University of Iowa as the Head Football Coach.
except... can't adjust to changing game situations as coach...... But, hey, he always does the right thing, right? Can't ask for anything more that that...... Sounds like some politicians I know...

Last edited:
yes this was very confusing to read it first... thought today wasn't a bye week and I had missed a win or something...

Just goes to show you how fast the worm can turn on you in this "what have you done for me lately" world of College Football. Or life in general.

439148-1.png

thats%20football%5B1%5D.jpg

We all know that 2010 was a HUGE SLAP in the face, I still cannot believe that team lost 5 games. :mad:

Last edited:
70% graduation rate? What?

You mean 30% of the footballer's don't take full advantage of the full tution, books etc being paid for, for their 50+ hours in-season dedication?

Imagine that.

You mean 30% of the footballer's don't take full advantage of the full tution, books etc being paid for, for their 50+ hours in-season dedication?

Imagine that.
Well, we do lose all those players every year to early departure to the NFL.

Iowa State graduates only 62% (football) and 50% (basketball) of it's players? Where the hell exactly are they going?

Imagine that.

And now they want to be paid for it....

Coach is grossly underpaid. I messaged Barta to triple his pay and give him a ten year extension immediately. He is so classy....

Iowa State graduates only 62% (football) and 50% (basketball) of it's players? Where the hell exactly are they going?

GSRs are "four class" graduation rates – that is, they are the combined graduation rates for the four most recent classes for which information has been reported. This analysis covers graduation rates for the classes that reached the end of their six-year graduation windows in the years 2008 through 2011.

​Those were dark days.

GSRs are "four class" graduation rates – that is, they are the combined graduation rates for the four most recent classes for which information has been reported. This analysis covers graduation rates for the classes that reached the end of their six-year graduation windows in the years 2008 through 2011.

Curious how many of those 6th year seniors graduated last year?

Coach is grossly underpaid. I messaged Barta to triple his pay and give him a ten year extension immediately. He is so classy....

I'm going to wait to send my suggestion until after the OSU game. Either way the message will be the same, so if we win, Barta will feel really good about himself. If we lose big (like I expect) then he will feel a little lower than the snake in the deep ditch.

Id love to know if Kurt insisted on the length of the last extension or Iowa offered still awash in the glow of the good years. The money I can live with but the length was a mistake. How can you possibly know if he will be the right coach for you that far down the road?

Id love to know if Kurt insisted on the length of the last extension or Iowa offered still awash in the glow of the good years. The money I can live with but the length was a mistake. How can you possibly know if he will be the right coach for you that far down the road?

Hell, I don't even care about the length, but the buyout is the real issue. It converted it into effectively a working life employment agreement. Tedford had some darn nice teams in Cal (albeit not good enough to consistently beat the ridiculous squads that USC and Oregon have been fielding) and the guy walked with $5.5 million after underperforming for a few years. That is reasonable. Hell, even $8-9mm is reasonable for Ferentz given that he has had more success than Tedford, but the number where the buyout is at today for Ferentz is just mind boggling.

Hell, I don't even care about the length, but the buyout is the real issue. It converted it into effectively a working life employment agreement. Tedford had some darn nice teams in Cal (albeit not good enough to consistently beat the ridiculous squads that USC and Oregon have been fielding) and the guy walked with $5.5 million after underperforming for a few years. That is reasonable. Hell, even $8-9mm is reasonable for Ferentz given that he has had more success than Tedford, but the number where the buyout is at today for Ferentz is just mind boggling.

Length and buyout are the same issue, its a percentage. I absolutely agree at something in the area of 8million is warranted for a guy of his tenure. More than that is insane.

Latest posts