Ferentz Contract Bonus $$

Keep in mind also that none of this is taxpayer money. In fact most of his salary is not paid for by the taxpayers.

He's worth the money. He generates tens of millions of dollars for the University. He is a good return on investment. Yes, it is somewhat disconcerting that football coaches make more than neurosurgeons, but even those guys profit from the publicity and money Kirk brings to the university.

Kirk earns his millions, unlike many of those crooks on Wall Street who make way more than him just in bonuses (hey, thanks for tanking the American economy and causing a global recession, here's 30 million bucks! Bravo!) He actually provides something of value.

Amen to that. I was reading about one of those banks that tanked last year. They fired their CEO, but gave him $20 M or so to leave! WHAT?! So we're gonna fire you but give you this charity money, because god knows your wife can't possibly live without her $2000 Gucci purse, and you couldn't possibly fly commercial, you just GOTTA have that personal jet.

Kirk is worth every cent he gets and then some! The guys DONATES a lot of money back into the University of Iowa. I remember a few years ago when I was an undergrad at Iowa, he and his wife donated a huge amount into the College of Liberal Arts. I was taken back that this coach is donated all of this money back into the University that is paying him. I thought it was great. He is truly a wonderful ambassador not only to the University of Iowa but also the State of Iowa.........
Hopefully he doesnt go anywhere for a long LONG time!

With as much money Capt. Kirk earns as Iowa football coach (and he's earned very red cent) and as much as he's given back to the university, I would suspect they would name a residence hall or administrative building after him.

I also think he's worth the money but it makes me wonder, do the other members of the coaching staff get bonuses for these type of achievements?

I believe there is a clause in the contract that states that the assistants get up to a 15% raise for such achievements. Kirk made sure that was in the last contract extension.

Yet another reason he is awesome!

I was blown over by the extremely positive posts populating most of this thread, wondering if I had missed something. Obviously I had -- the dates!

Just goes to show you how fast the worm can turn on you in this "what have you done for me lately" world of College Football. Or life in general.

The first rule of internet sports fandom:

Winning means you are a class act, losing means you are a lazy, overpaid doofus.

The first rule of internet sports fandom:

Winning means you are a class act, losing means you are a lazy, overpaid doofus.

See: the self proclaimed "best fans in college football" in nebby. I live here...and they are just like every other fan base....great fans when they win

Amen to that. I was reading about one of those banks that tanked last year. They fired their CEO, but gave him $20 M or so to leave! WHAT?! So we're gonna fire you but give you this charity money, because god knows your wife can't possibly live without her $2000 Gucci purse, and you couldn't possibly fly commercial, you just GOTTA have that personal jet.

Just came back from Italy. Two k is a low to middle range for a Gucci bag. WTF?

Regarding KF, I am fine with the bonus structure and wish he would reach it. Just think he coaches scared like the Henry winkler character in waterboy and all we are ever going to see are average results from here on out.

Just came back from Italy. Two k is a low to middle range for a Gucci bag. WTF?

Regarding KF, I am fine with the bonus structure and wish he would reach it. Just think he coaches scared like the Henry winkler character in waterboy and all we are ever going to see are average results from here on out.

ROFL!!

Two things:

1) it's like a whole different universe reading this thread. Wow!!

2) how much if his 3+ millions annual salary is made up of these incentives? I counted over $1million in incentives on the first page. What's his "base" salary?

Edit: that was a serious question... Not an attempt to throw gas on a lighted fire.

Two things:

1) it's like a whole different universe reading this thread. Wow!!

2) how much if his 3+ millions annual salary is made up of these incentives? I counted over $1million in incentives on the first page. What's his "base" salary?

Edit: that was a serious question... Not an attempt to throw gas on a lighted fire.

I may be mistaken but I think he is guaranteed about 3.7 million a year, all the other incentives are on top on the base $3.7 mill. Is that correct HN???

Latest posts