Ferentz 10/23 Presser Live Blog (FINISHED)

Re: Ferentz 10/23 Presser Live Blog

Keenan

Playing his best football...improved in a lot of areas. Big plays game was over for all practical purposes, but nice play he made on pass out to him and good run...guys were still playing hard...got field goal block...a few positives

Ppl who obsserve program minimize loss of mcnutt

I cant asnwer that...I dont know...we have lost a lot of good players here...when someone leaves you have to replace them

Seems Greg coming in, another variable, and Marvin gone

Lot of variables. that is a variable. Any player who leaves with good career, it's part of the deal. A new equation each year and week.

Marvin effective on fade routes...do you have those

We have hit some of those. We had some bad games too when he was here. We have had bad games. this is not foreign territory

Level of concern vs hurry up?

Always have concern with those, three back to back, all three leading league in plays per game...have them all together...have to adapt. It affected us more PSU execution...it was really good and QB played lights out. I don't want to speak for him not sure he has played better game than that. he has done great job leading that team, a loto f good leaders.

You think PSU film shows things

We saw the underneath things. Their personnel does not resemble NW, but simialr concepts..that is football. Nothing new there...how you execute counts...they were pretty good. The catch the guy made on boundary, good luck defending that one. Sometimes guys make plays.

Is it harder preparation, taking bus to NW, going through burbs, hassle?

Relative to pre 9-11 perhaps..old days get on plane and be there. Going to chicago never easy. always a challenge getting through airport..but now with secruty plane no great treat. getting on bus theraputic...four hours where you are a little out of touch..ppl can relax.

It is good to know that we don't have any issues at QB, it was just one bad game by Vandenberg. Apparently I watched a different game against MSU.

How far ahead of other QB's is James

In terms of...

Knowledge of system

Not sure I can quantify that. he is our starting QB . We all believe in him. I speak for all of us.

It's called armchair QB for reason, if offense strgugles, people point to QB

That is hardly new.

What would it take for you to sit James

Most of my decisions are made on what is best for team, all phases. If it comes to point where I change my mind, we will make changes. That is what we do, figure out what is best for us at any given point

As it relates to "armchair QB", most times I would agree with him, but not this time. EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE recognizes what's going on here. Guys who are "experts" at this sort of thing like HGF recognize it. Guys who played the game for a living like Podolak recognize it. We all see it. So please don't insult our intelligence, a la Bob Bowlsby talking about Steve Alford. At this point, it's a power play. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out....

Glad to hear Weisman is better. Hope he has a good week and comes out fired up. Real shame to lose two players for the year, both were playing much improved. Keenan has been playing well, season kind of getting lost in the slow going offense.

Have you had an experience during career that has shaped attitude towards what you want to see in QBs, how long stick with guy

Not really, it's clearly cloudy to borrow a phrase. Typically it is. I will say this; to evaluate what happened Sat, for any one player, it would be tough to do. Not much went well. to say it was one person or one area, missing boat. it was a thorough beating we experinced. We didn't come close to matching hteir executions..have to go back to 2004 to remember a game like that...to be reactionary based on one game would be a msitake....back to work today

Reactionary based on one game? WTF? Are you kidding me. The guy has 3 tds in 7 games and isn't even averaging 200yds/game. That is half a season's worth of reaction, Kirk, not one. Seriously, why even hold these press-conferences. If he's not snorting all over the place, he's talking down as if we're all 5 who don't know horrible football when we see it. Keep on chewin' that gum!

Aftr 7 games how eval QB

Wastn good enough to win last week, it was the week before..back to work today and see if we can get more points and yards

What are things to improve in passing game

Protection, route running, throwing and catching

Do you want james looking for quick pass

Depends on the play. Some polays are intended to go down field, some aren't. Depends on defense too

Really? JVB played well enough to win against MSU? I guess i missed that one.

"is Rudock ready to play?"

"We wont know that until he starts playing"

HAHA Where to even start with this one?

How did you come to that conclusion from those comments

In 2008, went back and forth til settled on Ricky, can we assume gap wider between James and guy behind

Anytime you see players rotate there at that position, its close and reason why you do it
-----------------

That's why. I have my masters in Kirk speak. I've listed to 99% of his pressers since he has been there. I've interviewed him one on one 20+ times, been around him at IClub functions 40+ times.

He said when its close, you rotate. Sans rotation, or another player coming in, it's not.

The MSU game was the ugliest win that I can ever recall. KF is masterful at flushing negativity. If JVB doesn't do a 360 than this QB issue is really going to back fire in a bad way, he is losing fan support because of it and the media is now starting to direct question to it.

Reactionary based on one game? WTF? Are you kidding me. The guy has 3 tds in 7 games and isn't even averaging 200yds/game. That is half a season's worth of reaction, Kirk, not one. Seriously, why even hold these press-conferences. If he's not snorting all over the place, he's talking down as if we're all 5 who don't know horrible football when we see it. Keep on chewin' that gum!

Stunning. He honestly acts like it was just a one game fluke in regard to JVB's performance. Starting to think coach has a sever case of denial!

Yeah, I laughed out loud when I saw that comment.

I understand sticking up for his player. Its what a coach has to do. You have to give the guy credit. He is making a complete asshat out of himself but he's doing so to stick up for his guys.

Latest posts