favorite announcer quotes.

Pat Hughes: Hey Ron, isn't Australia half a day ahead of us?

Ron Santo: Yes they are Pat...

Pat Hughes: Should we email them back and find out if the Cubs won today's game?

IMO, the best quotes are those that make you laugh

"Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

"He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

“One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. … Oh, my God, what have I just said?"

"That ball is hit deep to centerfield. Dave Winfield going back, all the way back to the wall... He hits his head on the wall and it rolls off!! It's rolling all the way back to second base!! Oh, this is a terrible thing for the Padres!"

"There's a base hit to the centerfield side of second base". - Jon Miller

"If you get outscored all four quarters, it is almost impossible to win". - Bill Walton

"A lot of good ballgames on tomorrow, but we're going to be right here with the Cubs and the Mets." - Thom Brennaman

“It looks like they didn’t have enough offenders to defend defensively.â€￾- Siragusa- Tony Siragusa

"My athletes were always willing to accept my advice as long as it didn't conflict with their views".......Lou Holtz

"A lifetime contract for a coach means if you're ahead in the third quarter and moving the ball, they can't fire you."......Lou Holtz

"I could use a triple double myself right now.".....Skip Caray, Atlanta announcer, after Magic Johnson had a triple double against the Hawks

"Andre Dawson has a bruised knee and is listed as day-to-day. Aren't we all?".........Vin Scully

I remember watching an old school (probably 1950's) Ohio St vs. Michigan football game on the BTN a while back. I can't remember exactly the scenario...one team was backed up near their own goal line (I think it was Ohio St). The announcer then pulled out this beauty:

One thing these Ohio St players have never done...is crack.

Don't remember the year but Harry Carey at Wrigley field after a foul ball went into the booth and knocked over his "beverage"

"Looks like we're gonna need a relief pitcher"

After the '08 PSU kick, I heard someone say Dolph's call was something along the lines of "It's Good!!!...GET OFF THE FIELD YOU MORONS!!!"

I've searched and searched the net for a sound clip, but I've never been able to track it down. Sounds like it would be hilarious.

I remember an old Denver Broncos game with Al Micheals and Dan Dierdorf (spelling) announcing. I dont remember which one said it:

"John Elway could throw a greasy porkchop past a hungry wolf!"
after a bullet he threw into double coverage.
It was a great line.

"its blocked again...I cant belie....GET ON THE FOOTBALL!!...JUMP ON IT!!!GAME OVER HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN

Well, there are a ton of them:

1. I Love it I Love it I love it (Zabel)
2. Hug and kiss those radios (Zabel)
3. It's an Iowa Touchdown! It's an Iowa Touchdown! It's an Iowa Touchdown! I can't believe it! Ed Podolak is kissing me! (Zabel call after Cook scores against Ohio St. in 1987)
4. Whoa, Nellie (Keith Jackson)
5. Fuuuuuuumble...........Who's got it? (Keith Jackson)

At the beginning of a bball game right after tipoff Bill Raftery announces the defensive team goes man to man!

May need help with this one...but I think I recall a national announcer saying that Jermelle Lewis was "working the Gopher defense like a part time job."

"Momma there goes that man" - Marc Jackson, NBA ESPN Announcer
"Lebron James with no regard for human life!" NBA TNT Announcer

And my all time favorite:
"You are looking live at ..." Brent Musburger.

And coming in at second place for worst announcer quote, we have Chip Caray. This is the call that got him fired from postseason games on TBS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RHcGWHuThE]YouTube - BASEHIT![/ame]

Bob Uecker

"Haywood leads the league in just about every category including nose hair." "When he sneezes it looks like a party favor."

"The Indians scored no runs, one hit, one god damn hit?
"You can't say that on the air"
"Oh who cares, no one is listening anyways."

Sorry, one of my favorite movies..

Latest posts