Fan Reaction

LoyalSon

I’m hoping it will be a different offensive performance today, but if it’s not, why don’t we chant “New OC” rather than booing. Make it clear who the displeasure is really directed vat.

Given all the negativity and the opponent I thought the crowd was good. My guess would be 60000+ before the lightning storm and delays.
I was there. Crowd was amazing until the lightening. Hung in for a while. After second delay, where we got in only one play, I bailed out. Walked back to my car, drove back to CR, stopped at a sports bar, 2 pints and cheese curds, back to CR hotel, read my book until the game resumed in the 3rd Qtr. Watched to the end, crashed at 2:00 a.m.
I went through this in person at ISU 3 years ago. Never left the stadium, watched the dramatic win. Please, no more delays!

I was there. Crowd was amazing until the lightening. Hung in for a while. After second delay, where we got in only one play, I bailed out. Walked back to my car, drove back to CR, stopped at a sports bar, 2 pints and cheese curds, back to CR hotel, read my book until the game resumed in the 3rd Qtr. Watched to the end, crashed at 2:00 a.m.
I went through this in person at ISU 3 years ago. Never left the stadium, watched the dramatic win. Please, no more delays!

I had heard the security and the police were not all that pleasant to people wanting to stay. Evidently they forcing people to leave during lightening storm, which to me isn't a great way to "serve and PROTECT".

8th in winning percentage in P5 the last 5 years, dark times
We consistently schedule 4 cupcake nonconference games. That helps pad the stats a bit. While Penn State is playing Auburn and Wisconsin is playing Oregon we are playing Davenport Community College.

Combine that with playing in the weakest division in college football power 5 (Big Ten West). Then yeah, I can see how one might falsely assume we are having great success.

You must be drinking Barta's kool aid. That's his reasoning for keeping Kirk and Brian around.

Fun Fact: When we aren't playing non conference or Big Ten West teams our record the last 5 years is...11-8. And 6 of those wins are Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana.

We consistently schedule 4 cupcake nonconference games. That helps pad the stats a bit. While Penn State is playing Auburn and Wisconsin is playing Oregon we are playing Davenport Community College.

Combine that with playing in the weakest division in college football power 5 (Big Ten West). Then yeah, I can see how one might falsely assume we are having great success.

You must be drinking Barta's kool aid. That's his reasoning for keeping Kirk and Brian around.

Fun Fact: When we aren't playing non conference or Big Ten West teams our record the last 5 years is...11-8. And 6 of those wins are Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana.

So your fun fact is Iowa has a winning record against the east and are 3 games above .500. That's pretty good.

Iowa hasn't played 4 non conference games since 2017 - do some research. During that time, one of the non conference games has been against one of the best Big 12 schools the last 5 years

How dumb are you guys really?

Last edited:

Dude, I love how you cherry pick the weeks for the games scheduled to fit your argument. THEY ALL schedule cupcake teams. You just want to focus on this week.

Penn St. also played Ohio and Central Michigan. Wisconsin also played Illinois St. and New Mex St. What is your point?

Oh, and the juggarnot Ohio St. played Arkansas St. and Toledo.

Dude, I love how you cherry picks the weeks for the games scheduled to fit your argument. THEY ALL schedule cupcake teams. You just want to focus on this week.

Penn St. also played Ohio and Central Michigan. Wisconsin also played Illinois St. and New Mex St. What is your point?

Oh, and the juggarnot Ohio St. played Arkansas St. and Toledo.
Not to mention that Iowa has played Iowa State every season, who is literally going through the greatest run in their school history. But Iowa just schedules cupcakes man. 4 of them a season.

So your fun fact is Iowa has a winning record against the east and are 3 games above .500. That's pretty good.

Iowa hasn't played 4 non conference games since 2017 - do some research. During that time, one of the non conference games has been against one of the best Big 12 schools the last 5 years

How dumb are you guys really?

Yea, some people don't think about what they post. Just stupid. I was going to call him out on the 4 non-conference games which is totally absurd thing to say. Also, Iowa St. is a legit P5 team every year. Also, playing South Dakota St this year is better than playing New Mexico St.

The other crappy BIG teams he quotes are who is on their schedule for conference. They can't control that.

Just a stupid post all around. Actually not even worth responding to it.

I had heard the security and the police were not all that pleasant to people wanting to stay. Evidently they forcing people to leave during lightening storm, which to me isn't a great way to "serve and PROTECT".
They were told from someone (I'm assuming their supervsiors) that fans weren't going to be allowed back in once the game restarted and that when (if) the game continued it would be players/coaches only.

Miscommunication along the lines somewhere.

One thing was funny though, there was a huge fat security guard at the band exit, he started yelling and throwing a fit telling people to leave...

A fan who looked to be mid-thirties came up to him and said something to the effect of, "How do you know this, they haven't made an announcement over the PA?" Fat security guard said< "The game is done, you need to leave."

Fan asked what he was going to do if he didn't leave, fat guard said I'll get the police. Fan said go ahead, fat guy turned around and walked off in disgust because he knew there was no such announcement. lol :)

Last time I looked, we schedule 3 non-cons, and one of them every year is against a P5 team, and every other year that one is in said P5 team's home stadium.

You get your vape cartridges mixed up?

Last time I looked, we schedule 3 non-cons, and one of them every year is against a P5 team, and every other year that one is in said P5 team's home stadium.

You get your vape cartridges mixed up?
Its 2006 and Iowa State does not exist in Florida's world it seems.....

Not true. Police presence was clear. You will not be allowed in the seating area until the all clear. I did not see any police telling people to leave Kinnick. It was announced that if you leave, there are additional shelters available. I was within 10 feet of a dozen police/security. They were friendly and laid back. They were amused when some asshole, already drunk, was raising hell because the beer concession was closed. They just ignored the idiot.

Not true. Police presence was clear. You will not be allowed in the seating area until the all clear. I did not see any police telling people to leave Kinnick. It was announced that if you leave, there are additional shelters available. I was within 10 feet of a dozen police/security. They were friendly and laid back. They were amused when some asshole, already drunk, was raising hell because the beer concession was closed. They just ignored the idiot.

Supposedly this all happened after the 2nd delay. There are even tweets from members of the media that were being asked to leave.

Latest posts