Fall weddings and football (w/ Iowa fan pic)

That's why I had mine on August 20th!! Week later was the honeymoon and back in time for the season opener.

I am sorry but people in Iowa should know better than to schedule a wedding on a home Iowa game.

I was in my buddy's wedding in 2007 which was on the same day at the Iowa/Illinois game at Kinnick. The wedding was outside at the home of the brides parents in the country at 2pm. Those of us in the wedding party got to watch the game there but her uncles and cousins who had season tickets had to miss the game.

They were pretty ticked off about it since they've had the season tickets for years and the bride knew about it, but scheduled it anyway. The fact that it was at her parents really made them mad because they didn't have to schedule anything with a church, and the reception hall wasn't heavily booked that month.

My buddy's wife is sort of a b word anyway so it doesn't shock me that she did this. It wasn't a mistake either. She tried to get us to set up chairs and stuff outside for the wedding during the game but thankfully her dad told her we'd get to it at halftime.

Last edited:
Thus far this season I've skipped ceremonies during the ISU and Pitt games. Made the receptions though. Sorry friends, but since ur wives are dumb enough to get married during football season u will probably divorce her someday anyway, I'll make ur next one, as kong as it's not in the fall...

My wedding is in 3 weeks. Scheduled it on a Friday night to avoid that issue. Future in laws are Husker fans, thankfully that is their bye week.

i set my wedding up for august 18th of next year. i told her long before i proposed that she can pick any saturday she wants as long as there's not an iowa football game that day. i think giving her 40 saturdays to choose from was rather nice of me

Since 2001, I've missed two home games (ISU 2002 and Syracuse 2007[?]) and both were due to weddings. I hope that never happens again.

Last year my daughter got married on the same day as PSU game, you know, the black and gold striped one. My brother- in- law and I made the service and a couple of house of reception then left for the game. I tried like help to get her to pick another date but she refused and since we have season tix, even my wife was ok with me leaving to go to the game. I have the best wife in the world.

My buddy got married during that Penn State game where AC blocked the punt. It was brutal, everyone was watching their phones instead of the wedding.

Last year my daughter got married on the same day as PSU game, you know, the black and gold striped one. My brother- in- law and I made the service and a couple of house of reception then left for the game. I tried like help to get her to pick another date but she refused and since we have season tix, even my wife was ok with me leaving to go to the game. I have the best wife in the world.

I have my wedding coming up on October 21st. My fiance wanted a fall wedding. I said the only way that would happen is if we did the wedding on a Friday night and had a tailgate brunch the next morning to watch the Iowa game. She agreed. I got a good woman!

AWESOME

Weddings should definitely not be scheduled during the football season in Iowa. While the bride and groom may not care about college football, a majority of their guests will care ... Hey, there is always the 'bye' week to schedule it ...

But did she give you a BJ before you left for the game? If not, then you lie. Cuz mine would. :D

I got married on the 10th, but one of the stipulations was that it had to be well after the game should have ended, which we agreed on 4:30. Had plenty of time to watch that horrible game and at least I can say that my Saturday ended much better than it was prior to the wedding compared to others.

And honestly, if you place football above marrying someone, then you really need to re-check your priorities in life or at least find a woman that it doesn't matter if it's on gameday or not and will miss a game for her.

I got married on the 10th, but one of the stipulations was that it had to be well after the game should have ended, which we agreed on 4:30. Had plenty of time to watch that horrible game and at least I can say that my Saturday ended much better than it was prior to the wedding compared to others.

And honestly, if you place football above marrying someone, then you really need to re-check your priorities in life or at least find a woman that it doesn't matter if it's on gameday or not and will miss a game for her.[/QUOTE]

if the woman is worth marrying, she will respect the fact that something means that much to you and not force you to miss it

Good wife for sure, though you probably missed on father of the year award.