Fact or Fiction: If Charlie Jones is still on team we are at least 5-2

This is a joke of a question imo. Charlie jones is having the season he’s having because of Purdue’s system and the fact AO is an extremely accurate qb who I believe will be playing on sundays. Iowa may have one additional score w/ Charlie jones on the team however that score would’ve come from a punt return and not a passing TD.

Right...I think and that could still be the difference...it was that way in the Illinois game last year. And if he was at receiver...he would give us more than what we have now.

No chance. Our quarterbacks suck and our OL sucks worse.

Sam LaPorta should sue Iowa for malpractice. He should have three times as many yards and TDs EASILY by now
You don't think Iowa would have won at least one of games between ISU and Illinois? Not that is really matters, the team would still be bobbing in the water like the Titanic.

No chance. Our quarterbacks suck and our OL sucks worse.

Sam LaPorta should sue Iowa for malpractice. He should have three times as many yards and TDs EASILY by now
If LaPorta isn't graded highly by scouts and has a year of eligibility left he needs to transfer to Alabama or Tennessee or Georgia. I feel bad for him because the dude is clearly a stellar player.

You don't think Iowa would have won at least one of games between ISU and Illinois? Not that is really matters, the team would still be bobbing in the water like the Titanic.
Nope. Gotta be able to get the ball to a weapon like that reliably and between our QBs and OL it’s a no go. Any team we played would’ve double teamed him anyway.

Fiction

Ragini has 14 catches and Bruce has 15. He would be taking away from those 29 catches not adding to them. So the 15 or so catches he would have, probably wouldn't have mattered.

Remember he was here for Spring ball and saw the trainwreck up close. He knew he had to get out of Dodge.

Fiction

Ragini has 14 catches and Bruce has 15. He would be taking away from those 29 catches not adding to them. So the 15 or so catches he would have, probably wouldn't have mattered.

Remember he was here for Spring ball and saw the trainwreck up close. He knew he had to get out of Dodge.
Could any of those catches went for a touchdown out of Charlie compared to Ragini/Bruce? More scoring production?

I doubt it... I get the premise. Iowa was one play away from beating IL and ISU both pretty much. But Petras is still the QB and BF is still the OC calling the plays. I guess it's not impossible but having Jones or not wouldn't have changed much honestly. It's why he left

This is a joke of a question imo. Charlie jones is having the season he’s having because of Purdue’s system and the fact AO is an extremely accurate qb who I believe will be playing on sundays. Iowa may have one additional score w/ Charlie jones on the team however that score would’ve come from a punt return and not a passing TD.

I think the OP is putting field position into play with returns. Not just scoring from Charlie.

If LaPorta isn't graded highly by scouts and has a year of eligibility left he needs to transfer to Alabama or Tennessee or Georgia. I feel bad for him because the dude is clearly a stellar player.

Imagine him on a team with production at the other positions and he's not the focus of the defense.

It's as bad as Cleveland focusing and taking out Mark Andrews this past week.

Actually, how sad is it that a college team has their TE as the focal point front of the defensive scheme. That should not be the case.

Imagine him on a team with production at the other positions and he's not the focus of the defense.

It's as bad as Cleveland focusing and taking out Mark Andrews this past week.

Actually, how sad is it that a college team has their TE as the focal point front of the defensive scheme. That should not be the case.

At the Illinois game he was the entire offense on the first drive, which netted a FG. After that Bert had a second guy on him almost every route he ran. I really think the kid is one of the better TEs we have had of late which is saying a lot. The Ferentzs have collectively cost him millions of dollars on his first contract.

Latest posts