Explanation for No Rudock

Rudock is a steep drop from JVB. Sokol will be our starter next year and there would be no reason to play him this year and lose 1 of his two year's of eligibility.

hahahahaha. Coming from who... lol

How funny..

I'm glad everyone claims to know so much about how good Rudock is in actual GAME TIME CONDITIONS....

IF Rudock will be backup to Sokul next year and we want to RS Sokul to save him, still no reason not to put in Rudock. Game was lost, save Vandy from injury. Not sure how the game could of gotten worse with him in there. THE GAME WAS OVER long before the final buzzer. Give someone some reps man!

^^^ This. Question, what if JVB was hurt? would Ruddock be sooo bad that we would then forfeit the game?? Give the 2nd string some reps in a game that is already decided is about a basic coaching as you can get... just makes too much sense for some? :confused:

I am confused by not putting Rudock in just to get reps as well, despite the practice reports. Could be possibly that at that point, KF and Davis just wanted to leave JVB in to see if he could get a few good series in to re-establish some confidence. Getting Rudock reps could accomphish that on his side of things, but if the dropoff is that wide, maybe they figured it wasn't worth it knowing that they are going to have to sink or swim with JVB this year.

After all of this, I have no idea what would establish JVB's confidence. If he ain't got it, he ain't never gonna get it. He's finishing up his senior campaign. He's been in the program a long time.

I'd love to see him play well the rest of the year, but there is no indication that this will happen.

Yeah because the best way to build the kid's confidence is to keep him in a game where he's getting boo'd by his own fanbase. Ferentz didn't make changes because he didn't want to be proven wrong if Rudock could actually play.

I don't know why it matters anyway. Let's say that Rudock does come in. All Kirk will have him do is hand off, hand off, hand off, punt.

I am confused by not putting Rudock in just to get reps as well, despite the practice reports. Could be possibly that at that point, KF and Davis just wanted to leave JVB in to see if he could get a few good series in to re-establish some confidence. Getting Rudock reps could accomphish that on his side of things, but if the dropoff is that wide, maybe they figured it wasn't worth it knowing that they are going to have to sink or swim with JVB this year.

We did that in the 2nd half against Minnesota. Iowa up 24-0 at the Half abandons the run. Iowa longest drive in the second half was 5 plays for 27 yards.

Iowa only score in the 2nd half was a Kirksey 68 yard Interception return for TD..

IF Rudock will be backup to Sokul next year and we want to RS Sokul to save him, still no reason not to put in Rudock. Game was lost, save Vandy from injury. Not sure how the game could of gotten worse with him in there. THE GAME WAS OVER long before the final buzzer. Give someone some reps man!

Should have given some QB time to Kornbrath, too.

I do not believe Rudock is that far behind JVB. He did not put on a horrible show at the spring game or the open scrimmages. Also if he is that bad, what did that say for Weinke, or for that matter AJ Derby? One left school and the other chose another position just to get playing time because Rudock was considered better than them

Those guys must have really sucked if Rudock is better that them. NOT

Once again, don't believe the crap he is not ready. I believe it is all reluctance by Ferentz to create a controversy he would have to speak about. And he doesn't want to ruin JVB's senior season. Whatever.

Last edited:
Yeah because the best way to build the kid's confidence is to keep him in a game where he's getting boo'd by his own fanbase. Ferentz didn't make changes because he didn't want to be proven wrong if Rudock could actually play.

Ferentz didn't make changes because he didn't want to be proven wrong? Give me crap for my original post, but that line is just beyond ridiculous. I mean come on. KF isn't perfect, but really?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am wholly confident in accusing you of talking out of your bottom. Short of being an assistant coach, how could you possibly know how far behind Rudock is? The Spring Game? Open practice? Do tell....

Because it's actually the only thing that makes any sense at all.

Because it's actually the only thing that makes any sense at all.

But it doesn't make sense, if Rudock is really that far behind that he would be a complete disaster on the field then it makes sense to get JVB out of the game when you're down 38 and minus two starting OL to ensure that JVB won't suffer an injury during meaningless garbage time.

Latest posts