Expansion tidbit from the NW board

When I first read the OP, I thought "no way", but as I think about it, if the entire conference went down to a 7 game conference season, OSU, Mich, and PSU (and, probably almost all the rest of the teams) would all love it. 5 ooc games to schedule each year would rock, as each team could adjust to their own needs (the bigger teams can go get bigger opponents, the lower teams can get wins to ensure bowl eligibility, etc).

I'm not sure what it would take to decide a conference winner. Nor do I know if they would really adopt something like this. But I can't say that it is really outside of the realm of possibility...

Bingo!

The Big 10 does not need to go begging or give special deals. There are PLENTY of quality schools that would likely jump at the chance to join the Big 10 (Missouri, Nebraska, etc).

You're being generous. Missouri and Nebraska are not Big Ten-caliber schools. They may fit an economic model, but they are not at the standard of the existing Big Ten institutions.

You're being generous. Missouri and Nebraska are not Big Ten-caliber schools. They may fit an economic model, but they are not at the standard of the existing Big Ten institutions.

Mizzou and Nebraska are a done deal.

Virginia would be an excellent addition for academics.

Off the top of my head, the Big Ten would, basically, be capitulating to Texas and ND. The Big Ten doesn't capitulate.

But . . .

Texas and ND? Playing Big Ten schools every Saturday?

I'd want to work for the Big Ten Network. My desk chair would be made out of gold doubloons. And I know I'd just be some 'net jockey.

Latest posts