Excellent article

Considering half of the 2019 offers were given out by the previous staff, it shouldn’t be that surprising that they’ve got that many offers out.

Considering half of the 2019 offers were given out by the previous staff, it shouldn’t be that surprising that they’ve got that many offers out.
Wow you absolutely crack me up.
Nebraska: holy crap look at the 2018 class Frost brought in in just two months!!!!
Also Nebraska "Considering half of the 2019 offers were given out by the previous staff, it shouldn’t be that surprising that they’ve got that many offers out.

LMAO. The total cluelessness and delusion is hilarious.

Last edited:
Wow you absolutely crack me up.
Nebraska: holy crap look at the 2018 class Frost brought in in just two months???
Also Nebraska "Considering half of the 2019 offers were given out by the previous staff, it shouldn’t be that surprising that they’ve got that many offers out.

LMAO. The total cluelessness and delusion is hilarious.

What are you talking about again? Delusion about what? Facts? You must be drinking again.

It would seem to me that being near the bottom isn't exactly clued in in trying to get talent.

It would seem to me that being near the bottom isn't exactly clued in in trying to get talent.
But it's not just them, as the article says "Costco recruiting". As Brian says "what does an offer from a place like that really mean?"

Momma's #1 rule. Don't go to work where they are always hiring. There's a reason why nobody wants to work there. You are just a number at that point.
Every lot lizard and salesman knows, just keep knocking on doors and sooner or later you will make a sale.

Last edited:
"I'm going to put out 50 offers to every position. Every 3, 4 and 5 star players at every position gets an offer from us"
Lol.

Kind of hard to argue with Nick Saben. Iowa and NW were pretty low and I wouldn't put them near the top of the totem pole.

I'd rather laugh at ISU when Iowa consistently beats them.

Kind of hard to argue with Nick Saben. Iowa and NW were pretty low and I wouldn't put them near the top of the totem pole.

It's like playing the stock market, except with human beings. It has nothing to do with their education or helping them to achieve their goals in life. It's relying on luck through numbers, those numbers being human beings.
Not only do I see no talent in that, I find it kind of disgusting.

Is 3 in a row and 7 out of the last 10 not consistent? I wish Kirk had a better record against the clowns too, but he's largely taken care of them recently.

The days of running roughshod over them year after year are not coming back, considering college football is a totally different environment and game now. Whether we want to admit it or not, ISU is not a gimme-win for most teams. They're not necessarily good, but they've proven themselves competitive time and again.

Is 3 in a row and 7 out of the last 10 not consistent? I wish Kirk had a better record against the clowns too, but he's largely taken care of them recently.

The days of running roughshod over them year after year are not coming back, considering college football is a totally different environment and game now. Whether we want to admit it or not, ISU is not a gimme-win for most teams. They're not necessarily good, but they've proven themselves competitive time and again.

3 in a row is fine. 70 percent against that team is below what it should have been. It's also hard to separate out the previous almost 10 years as well. Against that team it should have been 8 or 9. Given last year could have gone either way.

You're giving the clowns too much credit.

During HF's time here, he went 16-4 against them. They were 72-141 overall (34%).

With those 3 straight wins KF improved to 10-9 against them. They've been 95-138 (41%).

Before last year OU beat them 18 straight times! (12 in the KF era)

OSU has won 6 straight, and 8 of 9 (9-5 in the KF era)

Texas 6 of 7 (11-2 in the KF era).

So yes, better teams still own them.

Yeah we need to beat them, but who is their biggest rival? You don't think they circle that game?
Plus even an away game is only a couple hours away. Not a true "road game'. Granted that goes for the Iowa side as well in that series. Not like a road game in TX or OK. Though. All those other teams have that advantage.

All those other teams have that advantage.
Have what advantage? Like you said, distance is a 2-way thing.

But how's this: in the KF era, that Nebraska team everybody here loves to mock is 9-3 against the clowns (haven't played since 2010). Not much of a trip there, right?

Hell it took ISU winning the last 3 to pull them ahead of shitty Kansas in the KF era (11-8). So, up until these last 3 years, the clowns were only 8-8 against Kansas but 9-7 against Iowa!

My point about home and away is, that I would bet more ISU fans try to get into Kinnick than any other away game they play all year.
They definitely circle that game from a rivalry stand point. It's a huge game to them. Granted maybe Iowa could have and should have taken it more seriously at times during the past.
On the other hand, do you see any big school going into Ames and thinking wow this is intimidating? Iowa doesn't.
But a kid from ISU going into Tx? Maybe not as much as they used to but still.
I think such close proximity affects several things.
But you have to figure, when they couldn't hardly win a game all season they still found contentment if they could win against Iowa.
Those two things combined is what makes the game more difficult to win or keeps it closer than Hawk fans would like.
Yes we should win, I agree.

We have guys from Jersey to California.
Unless if by national you mean Alaska and Hawaii also.
Granted the Cali kid is pretty unique and is the only one we have from out that way I believe. But your point is well taken. We clearly recruit nationally and outside the border states and BIG footprint. Like Nebraska to be relevant we have to.

Latest posts