Excellent article

never understood why we and NW are always last in number of 'offers'. I can understand NW (academics). What possible harm would it be to 'offer' EVERY high-4 and 5-star prospect. Worst thing that can happen is they say no thanks. Best thing--they look into IA, like us, take visit, fall in love with IC and the staff and sign LOI.

Granted the Cali kid is pretty unique and is the only one we have from out that way I believe. But your point is well taken. We clearly recruit nationally and outside the border states and BIG footprint. Like Nebraska to be relevant we have to.

Not in a while. QB Nathan Chandler was out of Pasadena City College. A wide receiver by the name of Ramon Ochoa was out of California. Got some action his senior year in 2003. Can't remember anyone since though. :)

never understood why we and NW are always last in number of 'offers'. I can understand NW (academics). What possible harm would it be to 'offer' EVERY high-4 and 5-star prospect. Worst thing that can happen is they say no thanks. Best thing--they look into IA, like us, take visit, fall in love with IC and the staff and sign LOI.
Worst thing they can say is yes and we honor the offer and end up with criminals and train wrecks of human beings.

Not in a while. QB Nathan Chandler was out of Pasadena City College. A wide receiver by the name of Ramon Ochoa was out of California. Got some action his senior year in 2003. Can't remember anyone since though. :)
Yeah I was only referring to the current roster but yeah we've gotten just a couple as you've mentioned. Chandler I believe went to HS in Texas but I could be wrong on that. West of Omaha we don't seem to recruit nearly as well or as hard as the south and east obviously.

Or it's like companies who cast a wide net saying you can make up to...... But really they always pay far below that. They don't care if you quit after 6 months or a year, because they are always casting a wide net and were playing the numbers that they won't ever have to pay you or anyone that amount for the position.
That tatic is widespread.
Not all places are like that, but they are not always hiring and are more selective and harder to get into.
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can simplify most things and I've gotten really good at spotting bs. Probably because I've stepped in it, fallen face first into it, rolled around in it, several times.

My company pays set amounts based on pay grade, with raises based on performance.

My company also employs 12,000 people, so yes, they are basically always hiring.

REGARDLESS, I still don't see why people care. If this is a bad thing, then it's bad for ISU who you obviously don't like. If it works, it's a good thing for ISU and it'd be foolish for the staff not to do it.

REGARDLESS, I still don't see why people care. If this is a bad thing, then it's bad for ISU who you obviously don't like. If it works, it's a good thing for ISU and it'd be foolish for the staff not to do it.

Just want to point out, the OP was calling out Nebby's use of this recruiting practice.

The only one to bring ISU's tactics into the conversation is... you.

Apparently you didn't read page one of this thread.
Sure I did.

Had a few posts of my own there, even.

Several mentions of ISU in a sidebar we had about Iowa's rivalry w/ them.

Zero mentions of ISU recruiting.

Again, you were the one that started that.

How is it disregarding other people? That's what I disagree with.
You just said that it's a practice that is done for selfish reasons. So the one who employs such practices can gain.
It certainly doesn't do anyone any favors now does it? How can you say you actually care about a person when they were just a number to you? One of any other 49 offered for the spot.

Nathan Chandler went to HS in Texas before going to a California junior college. There was also a recruit from Arizona with Iowa ties a while back. That's pretty much it for recruiting the "West". Iowa rarely even recruits east of the Rocky Mountain front range.

Nathan Chandler went to HS in Texas before going to a California junior college. There was also a recruit from Arizona with Iowa ties a while back. That's pretty much it for recruiting the "West". Iowa rarely even recruits east of the Rocky Mountain front range.
We just stole a QB from Oregon State who resides on the west coast.

Latest posts