ESPN Rittenberg picks Iowa to lose

He is basing his comments (at least I think) on what he is reading from the fans. This forum has made Iowa out to be HORRIBLE when in reality they didn't look that bad. After watching the game a few times (yes I like to punish myself) we are not as bad as everyone says. Tittenburg is basing his comments on what he is hearing from here and other forums. Which is sad because if he was a true journalist he would watch at least part of the Iowa games before making such comments.

BESIDES ESPN HATES AND I MEAN HATES the big 10...primarily because of the BTN.

No he is basing his comments on what Iowa has done to date.

You state Iowa in reality haven't been that bad? Please elaborate further, I need. I really wish I was wearing the glasses your wearing when watching games.

I think the score he "picked" is indicative of two things:

1) He has NO idea whether or not this team will actually "wake up" at any point this season

2) He is giving the same score, in reverse, of the 2009 game he referenced...

Come on now guys. We all know Iowa's history of losing to "inferior" teams. I fully expected to lose to ISU, and I fully expect to lose to UNI. UNI is going to be so pumped and ready for this game. Iowa on the otherhand will not.

Didn't have the courage to say that on the radio yesterday. *****. We can call our team bad. No one else can.

Guess what...? This WILL be a close game! (We hope...) Iowa SHOULD win IF they can score one stinking TD! UNI is not a cupcake team, hasnt been for years... They CAN beat us, and if Iowa keeps playing as badly as they have been it will be a LONG afternoon at Old Kinnick! Lets try being honest for once, our team has all the makings of being good, but like a good wine this bottle needs to age a bit...
11557275-red-wine-bottle-glass-and-grape.jpg

I love how the guy below basically gives a replay of the UNI game from before. Yeah, we're gonna have another blocked FG to win.

Good grief, this is getting depressing. It's UNI for goodness sakes!

Pitchforks coming out after a possible loss to UNI is too late.

Let's face it, many of us were pointing to this at the start of last year when Iowa was playing fifth year walk-ons, which meant the cupboard was more than bare, it had been torn off the wall and thrown in the junk heap.

Then KF replaces 3 coaches with a classic retread, his kid, and a grad assistant that has been in the program. Basically, nothing but the same. Should that have really made anyone excited?

Second, the empty cupboard was only filled with true freshmen and JC's at positions we didn't need.

Freaking Arkansas State was able to bring in the former number 1 all-purpose recruit. Lots of other teams brought in strong starters in the Hawk positions of need. Iowa did nothing. They basically said spend thousands of dollars on tickets, donations etc., while we put on a below sub-par product.

No, it's too late for pitchforks. They should have come out much earlier.

Pitchforks coming out after a possible loss to UNI is too late.

Let's face it, many of us were pointing to this at the start of last year when Iowa was playing fifth year walk-ons, which meant the cupboard was more than bare, it had been torn off the wall and thrown in the junk heap.

Then KF replaces 3 coaches with a classic retread, his kid, and a grad assistant that has been in the program. Basically, nothing but the same. Should that have really made anyone excited?

Second, the empty cupboard was only filled with true freshmen and JC's at positions we didn't need.

Freaking Arkansas State was able to bring in the former number 1 all-purpose recruit. Lots of other teams brought in strong starters in the Hawk positions of need. Iowa did nothing. They basically said spend thousands of dollars on tickets, donations etc., while we put on a below sub-par product.

No, it's too late for pitchforks. They should have come out much earlier.

But wait, I thought you we a big KF and staf supporter based on your other posts. hmm? my bad.

My thoughts as well Ghost. We aren't good but people are overractting....shocker.

They played Wisky to within less than a touchdown in Madison. Wisky, while not as good as originally thought, is head and shoulders above us.
They took us to the wire in 2009 against, arguably, our best team since 2002.
We have, arguably, our worst team since 1999.

We aren't just bad, we're awful right now. They have a good shot at beating us and in no way is that over-reacting.

They played Wisky to within less than a touchdown in Madison. Wisky, while not as good as originally thought, is head and shoulders above us.
They took us to the wire in 2009 against, arguably, our best team since 2002.
We have, arguably, our worst team since 1999.

We aren't just bad, we're awful right now. They have a good shot at beating us and in no way is that over-reacting.

We're not that bad. We're not "Good FCS Team" bad yet. UNI had their hero moment this season. They may keep it close teh first half, but we'll eventually out-athlete them and win ugly, if not comfortably.

Le Ghost has spoken.

If Iowa wins it's because of an offense we haven't seen yet or the defense does all the scoring. Wouldn't mind if the defense stays on the field for a long portion of the game because they're scoring, the offense hurts my eyes.

But wait, I thought you we a big KF and staf supporter based on your
other posts. hmm? my bad.

I have said the same thing about my concern with not being able to look outside the box in recruiting for years. This is the reason for the big downturns every three years.

Iowa gets guys in positions with little chance for other guys to get playing time. This causes attrition and weak classes.

Those guys graduate and the cupboard is bare. Then they have to rebuild.

The problem is if you only build through recruiting freshmen, and they are developmental players, you will struggle while that development occurs.

How you get around this is by bringing in developed players who can bridge the gap.

KF's refusal to do this leaves Iowa in these three year swoons. And we are only in year two.

As you all know, I resigned myself to this thinking. So, I am not one to melt down particularly. But for those of you who are, I repeat, it is too late.

Iowa by 21, it takes a little while for a team to adjust to a new offense. I expect a much better showing tomorrow as the Iowa players come out with fire in their eyes on both sides of the ball.

Latest posts