ESPN Rittenberg picks Iowa to lose

No shock in that prediction. If the same Iowa team showed up for NIU and ISU, then Iowa will lose. I traveled to a customer in Wisconsin today and he is big Badger fan, he said UNI by 7.

No shock in that prediction. If the same Iowa team showed up for NIU and ISU, then Iowa will lose. I traveled to a customer in Wisconsin today and he is big Badger fan, he said UNI by 7.

There's your problem, they'll do anything to go against Iowa

I think there is a really big danger we lose this game.

They say you make the biggest jump from week 1 to week 2 - I can only hope that in our case it is week 2 to 3.

Katy bar the door if that occurs. Pitchforks and torches will certainly be in ready supply. Another offensive poop show and KF needs to pull a Biels and dump Greg Davis immediately.

I personally am not seeing it. Think they will get things figured out and put up some legitimate numbers.

Oh for Christ's sake, this week, Meyer makes all his field goals and we win by 3:) ('cause we won't get in the endzone this weekend either).....

I think its more embarrassing that Rittenberg called Iowa a bad team. Not average, not not very good, BAD.

Embarrassing, but half true - at least with regards to The Offensive.

I think it's more embarrassing that all of Hawkeye Nation has at least some bit of doubt that this is a winnable game! Again, embarrassing but 100% true.

It will be equally embarrassing that IF the Hawks win, the Pollyannas will scold anyone and everyone for not being overjoyed with what used to be an expected W.

There's only 1 outcome that would justify fans and media to back off a bit -- Iowa scoring 30+ and winning by at least 14 - 20 pts. That would merely show Iowa is starting to do what every expert thought they should do this season just to get to 7 or 8 wins -- produce on offense.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with what he said and it makes sense. Our offense has been terrible so far this season. That said, I think alot of people change their mind set about this team once the offense gets off the ground and starts playing better. People will jump back on the wagon just as quickly as many jumped off, it's too early in the year to bury your head in the sand simply because things aren't clicking just yet.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with what he said and it makes sense. Our offense has been terrible so far this season. That said, I think alot of people change their mind set about this team once the offense gets off the ground and starts playing better. People will jump back on the wagon just as quickly as many jumped off, it's too early in the year to bury your head in the sand simply because things aren't clicking just yet.

There's nothing wrong with what he said - that's why everyone is so ****** off.

Embarrassing, but half true - at least with regards to The Offensive.

I think it's more embarrassing that all of Hawkeye Nation has at least some bit of doubt that this is a winnable game! Again, embarrassing but 100% true.

It will be equally embarrassing that IF the Hawks win, the Pollyannas will scold anyone and everyone for not being overjoyed with what used to be an expected W.

There's only 1 outcome that would justify fans and media to back off a bit -- Iowa scoring 30+ and winning by at least 14 - 20 pts. That would merely show Iowa is starting to do what every expert thought they should do this season just to get to 7 or 8 wins -- produce on offense.

Agreed that we should win, but not sure about the mentality of not being happy about a win. The fact is, I think people take that route this season at least because they're so tired of the negativity. We were expected to be down this year and everyone knows it, but I as well as many I'm sure are tired of hearing nothing but "how bad this team is" and "we won't win more than blah blah games this year". A good way to shut the so called Pollyannas up is to quit running the team over the coals and then they have nothing to be so defensive about.

Remember, Eddie George picked us to lose week one and everyone (including me) was outraged. Hello 1 pt win.

He's an idiot.

he's also a complete dork who has never played a minute of serious competitive sports
rittenberg_adam_m.jpg