ESPN has already started their campaign

HawkeyeTech

Two different segments have been aired this morning expounding on the greatness of the SEC and how a one loss SEC team should be in the BCS championship game ahead of Ohio State.

Only one way to change that narrative, and that's to win your way out of it.

Except Nebraska, that team can get ****ed.

Two different segments have been aired this morning expounding on the greatness of the SEC and how a one loss SEC team should be in the BCS championship game ahead of Ohio State.

Do you disagree with them? Irregardless, the wrong argument is being made. They should be arguing that an 8 team playoff is needed this year more than ever.

Do you disagree with them? Irregardless, the wrong argument is being made. They should be arguing that an 8 team playoff is needed this year more than ever.

The SEC should have lobbied hard for a playoff or plus one back when Auburn ran the table and got left out.

I disagree with them. Auburn's loss is worse than any by OSU or FSU. Simple as that.

Good point. That loss in September at LSU is definitely worse than the epic win OSU just had.

Picking up your sarcasm. Can't really understand though why you would try and make an argument that a loss is better than a win.

OSU didn't garner a whole lot of style points yesterday but they did go into a rivalry game in front of 110k fans and beat a pretty darn talented (and fired up) Michigan team.

Believe me, OSU is the last team in the B10 I want to be defending right now but it is justified.

Picking up your sarcasm. Can't really understand though why you would try and make an argument that a loss is better than a win.

OSU didn't garner a whole lot of style points yesterday but they did go into a rivalry game in front of 110k fans and beat a pretty darn talented (and fired up) Michigan team.

Believe me, OSU is the last team in the B10 I want to be defending right now but it is justified.

So you think Northern Illinois should have a shot at the title game as well? Strength of schedule should matter.....which is why an 8 team playoff is needed.

Can't say I would blame them for putting a one loss sec team ahead of osu, Alabama would annihilate Ohio. If the big 10 would stop getting destroyed in bowl games opinions might change.

Good point. That loss in September at LSU is definitely worse than the epic win OSU just had.

How about Auburn's 24-20 home victory over 6-6 MSU?

Somehow every B1G close win is portrayed as a huge negative while the same level of critique isn't leveled on the SEC.

So you think Northern Illinois should have a shot at the title game as well? Strength of schedule should matter.....which is why an 8 team playoff is needed.

It's people like you that will ruin FBS college football. ONce you expand to 8 now you are going to have not the best team but the team with fewest injuries etc. It will kill the excitement of college football to a large degree. Hate it or love it and the BCS isn't perfect but it's as perfect as expanding to 8 teams and then hearing the same ******** that the 9th ranked team and the 10th ranked team whining about being left out. The playoff serves nothing other than network fat cats and college presidents wanting to make boo coo bucks at the expense of the kids and yes I'm calling 18-19 yo kids.

Well, CBSec is already in bed with the $EC so of course they want an $EC team in there. ESecPN is just following their usual hype parade of all things Alabamy.

Well, CBSec is already in bed with the $EC so of course they want an $EC team in there. ESecPN is just following their usual hype parade of all things Alabamy.

It's not like ESPN doesn't have a financial incentive for the SEC to be good. I just wish they weren't so unabashed about it. Maybe it is too much to ask for a little objectivity in sports reporting.

Yep. The rule has pretty much been that if you are an undefeated team from the B1G, SEC, Pac 10, ACC or Big 8, you are in provided there aren't two other undefeated teams. ESPN just has to create a controversy because they have 24 hours of air time to fill with 10 hours of actual content. Bama would likely smoke OSU, but they should have won their game.

But who knows, maybe OSU will lose to MSU on Saturday and it will all be moot.

Latest posts