ESPN 3

westview

I would like to hook up my computer to my HD tv. I would like to be able to be able to able to watch ESPN and the BTN. Is this hookup as simple as running an HDMI cable from the computer to the Tv? Thanks for any help.

Yes it is as simple as that, if your PC has an HDMI output then just hook it up the computer will detect the TV and select the proper settings automatically.

Does this work well? I would think you would need one heck of an internet connection to view channels with any decent quality.

Yes just the HDMI cable to your TV and it will act as a second monitor. I have ESPN on my xbox 360 and lets just say its almost heaven. You can split screen two games, watch 1 game full screen or watch a game 3/4th screen with scores on the side. They are also shown in (tv guys voice) "Stunning High Definition".

Does this work well? I would think you would need one heck of an internet connection to view channels with any decent quality.
It works well on cable internet, I've never tried it on DSL or Satellite, but I would imagine it would still be decent.. You shouldn't even have dial up.

Yes just the HDMI cable to your TV and it will act as a second monitor. I have ESPN on my xbox 360 and lets just say its almost heaven. You can split screen two games, watch 1 game full screen or watch a game 3/4th screen with scores on the side. They are also shown in (tv guys voice) "Stunning High Definition".

free by chance?

It works well on cable internet, I've never tried it on DSL or Satellite, but I would imagine it would still be decent.. You shouldn't even have dial up.
It really depends on the speed of the DSL/Cable/Satellite/whatever internet. 1.5 Mb DSL is going to have problems streaming this stuff. Anything 3+ you should be okay.

ESPN on Xbox LIVE is only free if you already pay to get ESPN at your house. It's a small but important distinction. Otherwise, you can't even pay for it... you just can't get it.

You should also check with your internet provider. I have Mediacom and they offer ESPN3 through their service subscription. I also have my computer hooked up to my HD television and watch several movies on MediaCenter and also stream television and sports...it works great and the picture is of good quality as long as you have HDMI out on your computer.

You should also check with your internet provider. I have Mediacom and they offer ESPN3 through their service subscription. I also have my computer hooked up to my HD television and watch several movies on MediaCenter and also stream television and sports...it works great and the picture is of good quality as long as you have HDMI out on your computer.

You can also use the SCART but then need an additional cord for audio.

i do this.

i have mediacom internet in DSM, which supports ESPN3. i have xbox live gold, which supports espn3.

in my basement, i watch ESPN3 in HD through my xbox, but upstairs I run an HDMI out from my laptop PC to my plasma up there. for example, this was the only way I could see UNI-Syracuse last year and UNI has a football game this weekend exclusively on ESPN3 as well.

the critical parts are the HDMI out on your laptop and a fast, steady internet connection.

Or even better I can split my dual feed Projector and watch 3 games on the same 10 foot screen. Plus a second laptop hooked to a 20 inch monitor for 5 games at once...OH YEAH!!

ESPN on Xbox LIVE is only free if you already pay to get ESPN at your house. It's a small but important distinction. Otherwise, you can't even pay for it... you just can't get it.

You have to pay for xbox live. So if your already paying for it, it's not extra, but xbox live costs like 7 bucks a month or something.

Can you stream the Iowa basketball games on Hawkeyesports to your tv this way? The ones that are not on tv.

Yep, basically, anything that you can stream on your computer is just projected through your HD TV as the computer's monitor.

I run Netflix through my PC to my Plasma. At least i did until they jacked the price and I kicked them to the curb.

Latest posts