Eric May

Wasn't his role to be a scorer... Go see the 1000 quotes from Fran last year.

And May just settled into watching his team fail on that end time and time again while doing nothing to help? Is that what mental toughness means? I would think the mentally tough would go above and beyond what their "role" is to help their team accomplish their goal. Just doing your "role" and not worrying about team success does not seem like something a marine or other mentally tough person would do. Hey Guys sure we lost the battle, but did you see how awesome I was in my role?!

It's possible that Gessel wasn't a good free throw shooter last year but had some luck, it's not like 50 free throws is a great representative sample size. Maybe after shooting 100 free throws he's really a 60% free throw shooter (definitely not uncommon for that to happen in any statistical study)Who knows? I mean, he could be "mentally weak" but since I have no idea what he's thinking it seems weird to call out someone I don't know for being so.

And May just settled into watching his team fail on that end time and time again while doing nothing to help? Is that what mental toughness means? I would think the mentally tough would go above and beyond what their "role" is to help their team accomplish their goal. Just doing your "role" and not worrying about team success does not seem like something a marine or other mentally tough person would do. Hey Guys sure we lost the battle, but did you see how awesome I was in my role?!

This is such a dumb post... evidently you don't understand what a role is...

So If I rushed for 100 yards and 2 touchdowns but my defense gave up 50 pts and we lost... I didn't do my role?

Of course players can do their part and the team loses... it happens every day.

I hope you are just arguing to argue because what you are saying makes zero sense.

He shot low 60% from the line for 3 out of 4 years, but we've already proven he wasn't mentally tough on offense, just on defense.

May hit a half court shot at the buzzer to win the state title at Wahlert. Was he mentally tough then? :)

It's possible that Gessel wasn't a good free throw shooter last year but had some luck, it's not like 50 free throws is a great representative sample size. Maybe after shooting 100 free throws he's really a 60% free throw shooter (definitely not uncommon for that to happen in any statistical study)Who knows? I mean, he could be "mentally weak" but since I have no idea what he's thinking it seems weird to call out someone I don't know for being so.

Are you serious with this post?

So If I rushed for 100 yards and 2 touchdowns but my defense gave up 50 pts and we lost... I didn't do my role?

I hope you are just arguing to argue because what you are saying makes zero sense.

Myles Jack would say yes, there's an example of a mentally tough individual.

Every basketball player's role is to assist in scoring as many points as possible and to assist in keeping the other team from doing so. Every failure to do so is a failure in accomplishing one's role.

May rarely made mistakes. He had limitations, but when we needed a big shot (see Virginia game), a steal and dunk, or just a good defensive series, he shined. When he was healthy last year he was a joy to watch.

Every basketball player's role is to assist in scoring as many points as possible and to assist in keeping the other team from doing so. Every failure to do so is a failure in accomplishing one's role.

So offense is the only thing that matters in basketball.. gotcha

May was okay. He earned his starting spot last year. McCabe was supposed to be Eric May this year... but he is failing at that.

McCabe is becoming a liability. He needs less minutes.

I'm sure all these players are mentally tough. They are playing D1 basketball. It's really not for mental p*ssies.

bolded=defense

Apparently some grew bored with ripping on current players and are going to start working backwards in time. I can't believe there's May bashing...wish we still had him.

Latest posts