Eric May: Eating Crow

Ahawkalypse

im sure im not the first this year, nor will I be the last, but i wanna apologize to Eric May and any of his supporters for doubting he had the ability to play at let alone compete at a big ten level. He is superb defender, one of the best freshman defenders in a while, an even better athlete, not just for iowa but for anyone in the big ten, and a great recruit for lick and his system. I think that every coach would say they would take him on their team as a scholarship player once this season is said and done, if not by now. Should be a fun 4 years watching him develop into an all big ten player.

Im with Shane. I highly doubted this kid coming in out of Dubuque, figured he wouldnt be much of a baller, but when he improves his shooting ( he's been good from behind the arc at times) he's gonna be very good, what an athlete and what a defender.

Eric has really made strides. It is my belief he will be considered for freshman in the year in the B10. If there is an all freshman team he warrants a place on the team. Despite all the naysayers the team has gotten better and there is a correlation between his growth and the teams growth.

I was a doubting Thomas on Eric May as well. He has proven me wrong. He does deserve to make the All-Frosh team.
He is basically pretty much exactly as advertised by his supporters when he was signed...great athlete, who needs to refine his wing skills,but can shoot.
Now, defense is not sexy and hard to assess in HS,so that part of his game did not get a lot of play,but it turns out that he is exceptional at that end also.

As I have said recently, if he can tighten up his ball-handling and develope a left hand dribble drive, he will be the complete package at small forward/3-guard.
Crawford got shut down by Eric last nite...which has not happened much to him. I am excited to see round II in Evanston in person later this month...Crawford will get the FOY award,but the battles between these two are going to be epic the next 7 plus times they meet. game within the game stuff. Crawford will be ready next week,I suspect...game on.

He will be a very good (perhaps great) player. He is from a great family.

What people don't realize yet is that he is an excellent student and a great person. He is totally committed to Iowa - there won't be any talk of transfer, scandal, alcohol binging, etc. etc.

This kid is a leader and as tough as they come. He will make you proud to be a Hawkeye fan over the next 3 plus years.

He will be a very good (perhaps great) player. He is from a great family.

What people don't realize yet is that he is an excellent student and a great person. He is totally committed to Iowa - there won't be any talk of transfer, scandal, alcohol binging, etc. etc.

This kid is a leader and as tough as they come. He will make you proud to be a Hawkeye fan over the next 3 plus years.

This is correct. I believe he came to college with 12+ credits already and is from a very smart/successful family. As far as I know, he has never caused trouble in school, sports or in the community. He could be a great role model for the younger kids around the state if he keeps it up.

I have been telling people on the boards since before he committed that he was a terrific athlete and would really show off his skills (in either football or basketball) once he focused solely on one sport. I was wrong in thinking that he may be best suited for football and that it may take him him a year to develop. He has been a bright spot in an otherwise dim season.

I don't think you will ever hear anyone on any of the boards or anywhere else knock this kid for anything. He will work harder than anyone else on the court and that will make the others on the team work harder too. He can be a catalyst for this program - as we've seen in some games so far. I look forward to watching him the next three years.

I really liked May coming out of high school. I still wonder if he would not have been better off playing football, I thought he had the tools to be an NFL safety. His progress is great to see.

It feels good to be right on a player evaluation once in a blue moon.

Love may! His intensity and focus is something I hope rubs off on tucker. If some of that could rub off on tucker with his absolutely awesome stroke we would really have something.

I was in love w/ Jake Kelly since he played tough D and could score inside and out. I believe the BB gods have smiled on us in the form of Eric M. Kelly was a little smoother moving into the paint, but I don't remember any thunderdunks from him. If we had to lose Jake, at least we got a good one in return. Things are looking up..........

Latest posts