End of game

The Illinois fans around us were asshats just like their coaches. Talking smack the whole game. Several times flipping off the crowd. When Garza dropped that 3 followed by Weezy's dunk it was one of the most satisfying feelings I have ever had. Then watching the orange shirt wearing folks quietly exit the building was a close second.

The more I watch it, Coleman is definitely saying something to Connor as they are coming off the court. The ref knows it too, cuz he tells Connor to keep walking.
Agree, the ref who looks like Boggs from Shawshank Redemption was gently pushing Conner back to the Iowa bench, but he should have been in the asst's face telling him to calm the F down.

Either way that game in Champaign will be heated

I hope Underwood has a heart to heart with his assistants. That shit reflects on him. Assistants aren't to be running their mouths at other teams players like he did CM. Then just keep screaming that's FN BS over and over in Frans face. What the heck kind of a response are you hoping to get by doing that? Fran may have prevented a fight. Maybe cooler heads would have prevailed but that dude was unhinged along with that other assistant who got in on the action. You gotta know your role and an assistant coaches job isn't to be yelling and cussing at another schools players and HC. It's just not.

Fran did the right thing. For some folks to be bashing Fran and making any of that about him are way way off base. Fran CM and JW did absolutely nothing wrong. Not one thing. Fran didn't have to take that BS and I'm glad he didn't. F them.

Agree, the ref who looks like Boggs from Shawshank Redemption was gently pushing Conner back to the Iowa bench, but he should have been in the asst's face telling him to calm the F down.

Either way that game in Champaign will be heated

That's Mike Eades, which Connor talked about in his interview afterwards. Mike is the same ref that refused to call a foul when that jagaloon Jacobsen from Iowa State was hacking the hell out of us in the last seconds last year and didn't call anything. As a ref, it's your responsibility to officiate until the final buzzer and if you allow that shit to go on, then you're going to eventually have an incident occur.

He said "That ws bulls#&% man". The first guy anyway that started it.
I have no idea what those two assistants were running their mouths about. Underwood was civil in the handshake line, and then those two lit into Fran. If they didnt want a run out dunk to end the game, then dont run your press. Pretty simple. When you have had enough and quit playing defense, the offense will reciprocate.

That's Mike Eades, which Connor talked about in his interview afterwards. Mike is the same ref that refused to call a foul when that jagaloon Jacobsen from Iowa State was hacking the hell out of us in the last seconds last year and didn't call anything. As a ref, it's your responsibility to officiate until the final buzzer and if you allow that shit to go on, then you're going to eventually have an incident occur.
Yup. I find it absolutely awesome that CM has that long memory too. He'll no doubt be a coach down the road too if he wants to.

I hope Underwood has a heart to heart with his assistants. That shit reflects on him. Assistants aren't to be running their mouths at other teams players like he did CM. Then just keep screaming that's FN BS over and over in Frans face. What the heck kind of a response are you hoping to get by doing that? Fran may have prevented a fight. Maybe cooler heads would have prevailed but that dude was unhinged along with that other assistant who got in on the action. You gotta know your role and an assistant coaches job isn't to be yelling and cussing at another schools players and HC. It's just not.

Fran did the right thing. For some folks to be bashing Fran and making any of that about him are way way off base. Fran CM and JW did absolutely nothing wrong. Not one thing. Fran didn't have to take that BS and I'm glad he didn't. F them.
Fran did the right thing by removing his team but this wasn’t between the players.

The thing that hurts Fran is the optics of waving his arms all around, flailing and pointing his hand up high, cocking his head back and screaming.

If he just walked over in front of his players and pointed them to the locker room the optics would look like he’s mature and in control.

Fran did the right thing by removing his team but this wasn’t between the players.

The thing that hurts Fran is the optics of waving his arms all around, flailing and pointing his hand up high, cocking his head back and screaming.

If he just walked over in front of his players and pointed them to the locker room the optics would look like he’s mature and in control.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but that's just taking what actually caused it out of context. How would coach K have reacted? He had to apologize for ranting and raving to his student section wrongfully. He'd have done something similar to what Fran did too I would bet. Not many coaches after a hotly contested game would have the calm disposition to just take that kind of a dressing down and keep going. Not from assistant coaches that shouldn't be running their mouths at all.

I don't think they were fond of the dunk and I think this is why they called a timeout with only 4 seconds left. You don't call timeout with 4 seconds left and down 7, it was pointed.

If you don't want to get dunked on, play better defense. Illannoy was still pressing, so the dunk was fine.

no it’s not out of context

Actually most coaches wouldn’t go waving their arms and gesturing to draw attention because they’re not the ones getting banged around.

And, more importantly, they are the adults.

no it’s not out of context

Actually most coaches wouldn’t go waving their arms and gesturing to draw attention because they’re not the ones getting banged around.

And, more importantly, they are the adults.
He was gesturing to his own kids and assistants to turn around and go back. What would you say he should have done exactly? I think what Fran did was nicer then what I'd have done. I'd have went right back at those two and probably went right back to Underwood to let him know what was going on. But what Fran did was fine. He quite possibly prevented something worse from happening. Do you think if Fran just marches on by not paying them any attention those assistants wouldn't have kept yapping at our players?

Latest posts