End of game

I agree with what he's saying but I'm not sure I like Connor beefing about the officiating to reporters.
Yeah I dunno either .... I mean, I hope he isn’t in any sort of trouble for it, but he’s just telling the real story and it was caused by the refs. The chippy ending could have been avoided but better officiating

Gotta call the punk out sometime

Big Ten commissioner should say something to that sorry excuse

There is no way we should have had 10 fouls just past the halfway mark in the second half at Carver

They had fouls to give at the time

Yeah just a lot of shit-talking in general in college basketball. Flexing, beating your chest, 3 fingers signal, etc. Kinda morphed into a playground type of atmosphere. We've seen eye pokes, nut shots, and a possible bite on the leg.

Just a lot of chippy stuff and today it got heated. Oh well. As long as no Iowa players/coaches getting suspensions, move on.
Sports are infected on most levels with...look at me, how amazing I am, what I have done...I just tackled a running back for a 4 yard gain! Nice, it only happens a few thousand times a weekend bro. Look at my three pointer...I am amazing! Lots of those around too.

I like Wieskamp and CJF demeanor. Yah, I made it, done it many times, plan to do it more, no big deal. Try to stop me, silent assassins.

The 3 by Luka with 37 seconds to go was a thing of beauty.

Then Wiesy gets his dunk, I'd be frustrated, too, if I were the Illini, they saw teh game slipping away.

It will likely be a hostile Illini crowd when we go to their place.
Well it at least it will be in Southern Illinois, more civilized.

Yea I had mixed feelings on that too. Especially when he said it was the same official from the ISU game. It's one thing to call out a situation, but he called out a specific person that will he officiating our games in the future. I loved it and hated it at the same time. Loved it now, will probably hate it later.
Since he had already been chewing that refs ass after the game he already got himself on that refs most likely to not get a call list. Now at least it is out there and if that ref does a screw job on a critical call involving Connor the spotlight will be on it.

Probably why Connor did it, He is no dummy.

Well it at least it will be in Southern Illinois, more civilized.

Yeah

MtbJp4jkDcw9irpeYT6kXDc4NQFHLZ4IQh1JI83hyy30CpqrhbfptFKOGP6ngowz0MG-EZ_8UNz3OSdi-PwPa4Zw18JAjbnmXi9wG2aNCRpPIMtbTPU_MdM

Seriously! What was the time out for? Why fouling for four seconds with no call? Why Coach Underwood not shaking hands? Why an Illini assistant talking smack at handshake? What in the world is going on?
Great call by Coach Fran to just get them off the court.
Boo Illini.
Underwood did shake hands with Cafferty on the walk by. It was after this that Fran got to the Assistant coaches and the whole thing played out.

I don't think they were fond of the dunk and I think this is why they called a timeout with only 4 seconds left. You don't call timeout with 4 seconds left and down 7, it was pointed.
Speaking of the dunk...I immediately turned to my wife and said I was impressed that the Illinois big pulled up and didn’t take a hard foul.

He better not be. That was an excellent answer. I was impressed.
Yep, I don’t know how that answer could be any better.

He’s right saying I don’t know why Illinois is hacking with 2 seconds left but whatever

If they’re going to play to the end then the refs need to call it to keep control

And not tell guys getting hammered to walk away

He’s right on both points

I have come to like Connor and what he brings to the team in a big way this year. However, I don't think you EVER mention a specific ref publicly. That's media 101, no matter how bad it is. That's a coach's job, not a player's.

Dicey for Connor to mention a specific official. To his credit, though, he didn’t say anything particularly derogatory. More like he was telling Mike Eades “Hey if you don’t call that this is what’s going to happen.” Interesting to get insight on the interaction between players and between players and officials.

I don’t think he’ll get in trouble for it. He shouldn’t. But the B1G front office is full of pansies so who knows...

The year was 1989. Bruce Pearl was the original high profile whistle-blower when he secretly recorded Jimmy Collins admitting the Swini gave Deon Thomas a chevy blazer to come to Illinois. Iowa/Illinois has not been this animated since then. Welcome back "Sqawk"/"Whini" rivalry.

Latest posts