Ellingson

Don't read anything into the 3% percentage right now. All it shows is that they can hit the wide open 3 over 1/2 the time. The competition will get tougher and those wide open looks will soon turn to someone in their face.

Like I said it's not sustainable but maintaining a 40% average for those guys isn't impossible

It is almost impossible for me to believe that you don't rate JBo as a high quality point guard. Is he "classic" in every way? No. Is he top shelf in several ways, including his shooting ability, his passing ability, his almost total lack of turnovers? Yup. This is not just me talking. The Big Ten coaches, the media, the BTN network, all have given him very high marks. I hate to be blunt, but I will be to save time: You don't know what you are talking about. Sorry.
Agreed. Jbo is a high quality combo guard. He's very smart with the basketball. He doesn't have the best handles and he can't get into the lane but other than those 2 issues, he's a great get.

Moss redshirted because for 1 season he was going to be buried behind Gesell, Clemmons, Jok and Uthoff. The next season 3 of those players graduated and minutes opened up on the outside.

Not to mention there were academic issues that led to Moss being late getting to Iowa and completely missing the PTL.

Dont look into his redshirt anymore than that. Its only a positive
A RS FR that started 28 games but only avg 6.5 PPG....is nothing to write home about. That's a project. Bohannon avg 11 PPG as a true FR.

A RS FR that started 28 games but only avg 6.5 PPG....is nothing to write home about. That's a project. Bohannon avg 11 PPG as a true FR.

Moss averaged 17 minutes/game last year. He should get substantially more this year.

How about a guy who averaged 4.4 points in 9.4 minutes as a freshman and 7.0 points in 20 minutes as a sophomore?

Why are we even discussing this? Connor is the back up PG - he's hurt. He's a top 100 recruit. Jordan was an all B1G freshman last season. Next season, Fran has a top 30 in the country guard coming in. Last year he had the best shooting guard country. Moss has flashed all sorts of potential. BE has been a roll player since the day he arrived in IC and nothing more, let's not act like Fran's built his team around him and that's all our guard play represents.

You're ignoring minutes and the fact that Peter Jok was the best shooting guard in the Big Ten last year which stole a ton of Moss's shots and minutes.

Last year Moss averaged 6.5 points over 17 minutes, Bohannon averaged 10.9 points over 30 minutes.

Moss = .38 points per minute
Bohannon = .36 points per minute

Again, you have to take everything Lightning says with a grain of salt. This was the same guy who after PTL last year told us Juwan McCloud was by far the best PG in the league.

Flash forward a few months later and one player was freshman all league in a P5 conference and the other player shot under 30% from the field and averaged less than 4 points on a garbage team.

Lol some posters make me laugh. Ellingson is not as slow as many of you act like. He has average speed. The OP makes it sound like he is the slowest basketball player in the world. Brady is just a kid playing back up to arguably the hardest position on the court. He is just thinking to much. When he slides back to the 2 he will be a strong +. He doesn't turn it over and can shoot the lights out. Some of you act like all 14 kids on a roster need to be Miles Bridges. This is just simply not reality.

This has my vote for dumbest thread of the year.

I would argue that a month ago Brady Ellingson was our 4th string PG. I actually read somewhere that he or Dailey never really even practiced at the 1. That is why Cmac’s redshirt was lifted after the Williams transfer.

Cmac will be back and he will be fine in his role as backup PG.

As far as Ellingson goes we are arguing over what our 10th man? His role will be to play 10-15 mpg as a jump shooter. Does he have his limitations? Sure. But he plays his particular role pretty well. Last year he shot 47% from 3, 100% FT, and had an assist/to ratio of over 3:1. I actually think most teams in the B1G would gladly take a guy like that on their team.

You're ignoring minutes and the fact that Peter Jok was the best shooting guard in the Big Ten last year which stole a ton of Moss's shots and minutes.

Last year Moss averaged 6.5 points over 17 minutes, Bohannon averaged 10.9 points over 30 minutes.

Moss = .38 points per minute
Bohannon = .36 points per minute
Jok didn't steal Moss's minutes. Moss started 28 games, mostly at the 3. He split minutes with Baer, for the most part. As for the rest, we'll see what the end of the year tells us.

Jok didn't steal Moss's minutes. Moss started 28 games, mostly at the 3. He split minutes with Baer, for the most part. As for the rest, we'll see what the end of the year tells us.
There were multiple times last year in the second half when Moss rarely saw the court. Starting doesn’t mean you get the most minutes.

Last edited:
My Post: "...True pg's are the most sought after college hoopsters and there are plenty of big dogs chasing few of them."

Your reply to my post: "Chicago State found one."

In the context of that statement and reply, you are saying that because Chicago State found a "true pg" in a discussion on Iowa not having found a true pg, you are saying it's a miss for Iowa and Fran.

Chicago State didn't really "find one". Looked for Rob Shaw (or Robert Shaw as he went by in high school) in the and couldn't find a listing in Rivals, 247 or ESPN. Did find an entry in MaxPreps. He had zero stars as a high school senior. He would be one who would have raised a lot of questions here because he wasn't rated at all coming out of high school.

Chicago State didn't really "find one". Looked for Rob Shaw (or Robert Shaw as he went by in high school) in the and couldn't find a listing in Rivals, 247 or ESPN. Did find an entry in MaxPreps. He had zero stars as a high school senior. He would be one who would have raised a lot of questions here because he wasn't rated at all coming out of high school.

I am not the one who said Chi State "found" one. I was responding to the poster who did. My posts state that Shaw was "good, but not that good" to be a B1G level player. I'm not surprised that you couldn't find much info on him.

This has my vote for dumbest thread of the year.

I would argue that a month ago Brady Ellingson was our 4th string PG. I actually read somewhere that he or Dailey never really even practiced at the 1. That is why Cmac’s redshirt was lifted after the Williams transfer.

Cmac will be back and he will be fine in his role as backup PG.

As far as Ellingson goes we are arguing over what our 10th man? His role will be to play 10-15 mpg as a jump shooter. Does he have his limitations? Sure. But he plays his particular role pretty well. Last year he shot 47% from 3, 100% FT, and had an assist/to ratio of over 3:1. I actually think most teams in the B1G would gladly take a guy like that on their team.

Exactly

The kid wasn't even that good. He wouldn't play over a single player on our roster. Our fans just have major penis envy. They see any PG dribble past an opponent and immediately call the guy a legend. Jbo is 5x the PG then the Chicago St kid and it might not even be that close.

I love that people still want to roast Moss over his freshman season.... like that was his ceiling or something. I swear half the peeps don't even watch Iowa basketball since Fran arrived and how so many players developed gradually.

No. Chicago State found one ..means that Chicago State found one. The way you "interpret" my words is a you problem.
You will always be taken to task when you attack someone else with your "interpretation" of what they said.
You can't have a civil debate when one side uses their "interpretation" rather than the actual words of the other side. Doing so is...well, I'll let you pick the appropriate word.

Clearly, you do not know what the word context means. ArvadaHawk is 100% spot on.

Latest posts