Eliminated From March Madness?

Here is some optimism. Post defense is the worst part of this team by far right now. Garza is a freshman who tries his ass off. We have a chance to improve quite a bit there.

Garza will be good. I have a lot of confidence in him.

I agree with this. He faced four European "all star" teams, two exhibitions and the first three games against small competition that couldn't get physical with him. Now he's facing some bigger bodies, if not tall ones, that aren't intimidated by him and not letting him back them down so easily. He didn't deserve the over hype he'd been given so far, but he's not that far off just because he had a couple off nights the first time he went up against better competition. He is still a freshman afterall, it's the sophomores that played all those minutes last season that should be ahead of the game right now. Garza and Nunge have been two of the bright spots.

We could always win the BTT right?

Oh, wait, that would be with a coach who's 2-7 all time including three consecutive first game losses.

My bad.

Maybe Iowa can hire Alfraud for the week in NYC?

Some. But a lot are coming off the press and getting behind our zone. Quite a bit off of post up moves too. Its horrible all around.
I can believe that. I think it's a scheme problem. Too much of our defensive issues involve our bigs defending too far away from the basket.

Well I can see I don’t have to comment on this thread as you all summed it up pretty well.

So in a week it's gone from nobody is respecting Iowa in the polls to the season is over.

Jeez
Pretty much. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I expect we will have some stretches where we play well, but overall right now I'd be surprised if we made the NIT. They've looked that bad the past 3 games.

Pretty much. It's going to get worse before it gets better. I expect we will have some stretches where we play well, but overall right now I'd be surprised if we made the NIT. They've looked that bad the past 3 games.
Here is a nugget of optimism. What has been the worst thing so far the last two games, defense and rebounding. Who is our best defender and rebounder?

Nicholas Baer

Here is a nugget of optimism. What has been the worst thing so far the last two games, defense and rebounding. Who is our best defender and rebounder?

Nicholas Baer
True. Hopefully he can be a leader and provide a spark. But we've dug ourselves a giant hole, and we are going to go through some serious ups and downs this season. The tournament isn't a realistic expectation anymore in my opinion.

True. Hopefully he can be a leader and provide a spark. But we've dug ourselves a giant hole, and we are going to go through some serious ups and downs this season. The tournament isn't a realistic expectation anymore in my opinion.
The outlook isn’t good right now, but man the college basketball season is a long one.

I’ll give you a quick example. UW started the 2015 season 7-5 in the non-conference, with home losses to Western Illinois and UW-Milwaukee. They then started B1G play 1-4.

That team ended up in the NCAA as a 7 seed and made it to the sweet 16.

So again it’s not over just yet. Have to clean some things up and get Baer and hopefully Cmac back. In a couple weeks your outlook on the season may change completely. Big one today, have to salvage a W.

The thing that sucks is before Monday, if we played like a pretty good bubble team all year, we would get in. Now we have to play like a 5 seed all year just to sneak in with a bad seed. I still think there is a good chance we can turn things around and play like a good bubble team. But that's not good enough anymore.

Latest posts