Eli Carter commits to Rutgers

TySash9

according to many on twitter, including Carter himself. Here's recruit scoops tweet.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
Eli Carter, a 2011 PG out of Brewster Academy (NH), has committed to Rutgers, according to his AAU coach.

weird to me. don't know anything about Rutgers, but they have even that much farther to go as a program with a ridiculous conference. at least Iowa has some history of success. we'll see. good luck to him.

I don't know if why you would say we lost him to Rutgers if he didn't hold an offer. We may be down, but Rutgers is the definition of basketball obscurity. Bad team in a loaded conference with little / no fan interest and they are located in the sewer known as New Jersey. Dude must not have the mad game he thinks if that was his best offer.

How do people know he didn't hold an offer? I'm not arguing the point but how did this become public knowledge? I think it's weird Fran would offer Washpun but not Carter.

I think I saw somewhere that Rutgers is putting together a top 15 recruiting class and that was before Carter signed on. They must have something going on.

For those of you who say you have to win before you can get good recruits...look at the Rutgers recruiting class.

I don't know if why you would say we lost him to Rutgers if he didn't hold an offer. We may be down, but Rutgers is the definition of basketball obscurity. Bad team in a loaded conference with little / no fan interest and they are located in the sewer known as New Jersey. Dude must not have the mad game he thinks if that was his best offer.

Rutgers may not have great fan support, but they consistently pull in much better recruits than Iowa. 9 4-star commits since 2005 according to Rivals.

Losing recruits to Rutgers. Ugh...

Are you kidding me?!?!? Why don't you do a little research before you make stupid *** comments like that. Here let me help you out:

Rutgers 2011 Recruiting class
Kadeem Jack 4 star PF
Greg Lewis 3 star C
Myles Mack 3 star PG
Derrick Randall 3 star C
Jerome Seagears 4 star PG
Mike Taylor 3 star SG
Malick Kone 3 star SG
and now Eli Carter 3 star PG

In all honesty I have no idea why the kid committed to them other than they play in the Big East (#1 conference), its close to home for him, its in Newark NJ area, they play in the RAC..need I go on?

For a kid who grew up in NYC, Rutgers would be a great place to go. Major conference, all your friends and family can easily see you play all of your home games and a great deal of your road games, and NJ isn't the sewer most people think it is. I've traveled a great deal in that area and while downtown Newark isn't great, compared to a lot of NYC it is not so bad. Too bad he isn't a Hawkeye but knowing the culture shock a person from the City would experience in the Midwest, I can't say I'm surprised.

Latest posts