Eerie similarities to 2008

I'm not dodging the point. We have a difference of opinion and judging from your posts, you don't strike me as someone who changes yours. You believe your opinion is fact and thats pretty much it.

I've made my point clear. There are some players on the defense, and offense too that don't belong on P5 rosters. I think they're in way over their heads and I believe it showing on the field. I believe this is supported by the absence of P5 offers to some of the players on this team. I would imagine that come Feb, there will be several more players who sign a LOI at Iowa who had zero other P5 offers as well. Now sometimes it works out and Iowa gets a good player. But just as many times it doesn't.

I don't like calling players out by name. I try to avoid it because I'm certain they work their asses off. And the times I have recently I have made sure to put the blame where it belongs. On Ferentz. But if you search around a bit you'll find that I have mentioned 41 and 37. That ship has sailed and I can't take it back although I wish I could. They're not professionals and don't deserve to be called out individually. But they're not the only ones. The reoccurring theme of this program is guys being put out of the field who shouldn't be by a coach who can't figure out a way to recruit better players. This is not a 2016 problem. This has been a problem for the last 6 years.

I'm not dodging the point. We have a difference of opinion and judging from your posts, you don't strike me as someone who changes yours. You believe your opinion is fact and thats pretty much it.

I've made my point clear. There are some players on the defense, and offense too that don't belong on P5 rosters. I think they're in way over their heads and I believe it showing on the field. I believe this is supported by the absence of P5 offers to some of the players on this team. I would imagine that come Feb, there will be several more players who sign a LOI at Iowa who had zero other P5 offers as well. Now sometimes it works out and Iowa gets a good player. But just as many times it doesn't.

I don't like calling players out by name. I try to avoid it because I'm certain they work their asses off. And the times I have recently I have made sure to put the blame where it belongs. On Ferentz. But if you search around a bit you'll find that I have mentioned 41 and 37. That ship has sailed and I can't take it back although I wish I could. They're not professionals and don't deserve to be called out individually. But they're not the only ones. The reoccurring theme of this program is guys being put out of the field who shouldn't be by a coach who can't figure out a way to recruit better players. This is not a 2016 problem. This has been a problem for the last 6 years.

I change my opinion plenty just like any human being.

There are 65 Power 5 schools and you're trying to say that we have a number of starters who would not see the field on any of them. I find that ludicrous considering how absolutely terrible (yes, even more terrible than the Hawkeyes) many of those teams are.

As far as calling out players, you've done it yourself in this thread. Everyone knows where our weak spots are on defense, so by you saying these guys suck (which you did), you called them out just the same as if you named them. Innuendo doesn't mean much when everyone knows exactly who the innuendo is directed at.

The 2008 team lost 4 games by a total of 12 points. This team has lost 4 games by a total of 44 points. There is nothing similar about the two teams except the record of 5-4 going into their respective 10th games.

I'm hoping ok4p's... I mean, Nick's, no wait ... CLINTON's Michigan prediction (chocked full of wonderful, irrelevant historical data) is channeling ok4p's, errr, Clinton's, um, NICK's 2015 season predicton (which was chocked full of all kinds of wonderful, irrelevant historical data and obscure "straws"). Then, if he pulls this rabbit out of his crystal ball, Nick, no, Clinton, crap ... OK4P needs to immediately award him(self) every single HN award he ever contrived.
o_Oo_Oo_O

Bro, you're getting abused. Even by the apologists. And I for one am not going to stand for it.

I'm 100% on board. Iowa isn't just going to win, they are going to embarrass Michigan. Harbaugh won't use Peppers creatively to destroy Iowa, but Kirk will use King in creative new ways to destroy Michigan.

Final score: Iowa 63 Michigan 7

I'm so giddy after yesterday:D:):D:):D:):D:)
you are funny

I think you are right.. We have some players that are over matched at this level. Iowa is not alone. It appears to me that every defensive player on every Big 12 team is overmatched at the power 5 level.
Watch a Big 12 game. One team scores. You get up to pee. By the time you get back, both teams have scored again.

I'd like to admit that I was wrong. I didn't think Iowa stood a chance to keep it within 30, and I was completely wrong.

Everyone was wrong, except that crazy SOB Clinton/Hawknuck/OK4P.

So happy to be wrong. I didn't see this as possible.

I love it

In both games Iowa got a critcal 4th quarter interception.

Both games had late punting play penalties extend their opponents drives.

In both games Iowa had a 100 plus yard rusher.

The game winning field goals were of similar lengths.

Both were 1 point Iowa wins!

Iowa should also schedule a marquee opponent for November 9th 2024.

Last edited:
12-10 is in no way unrealistic, and I did present the historical evidence that makes me believe that. By the way you make it sound one would think that I was predicting Iowa to win in a blowout.

While not every game goes the way I expect it to, this game just feels like a last second dramatic field goal that shocks the world type game to me because I've seen this script before.

You are the man, today, my friend!

In both games Iowa got a critcal 4th quarter interception.

Both games had late punting play penalties extend their opponents drives.

In both games Iowa had a 100 plus yard rusher.

The game winning field goals were of similar lengths.

Both were 1 point Iowa wins!

Iowa should also schedule a marquee opponent for November 9th 2024.

I think the most important point is this one...

"In both games Iowa had a 100 plus yard rusher."

And not just rusher...Wadley had 50 of 66 pass yards. The kid WAS the offense.

ClintonIAfan, you were right and the rest of us were wrong. Thank you for being correct. Greatings from one hawk fan to another who happens to also reside in Clinton Iowa.