Eerie similarities to 2008

ClintonIAfan

This Michigan game has so many uncanny similarities to the 2008 Pedo State game, way to many to just be a coincidence.

Both games immediately follow the election of a new president.

Both games come after a tough road loss.

Both times Iowa enters the game 5-4.

Both times Iowa's opponents come in 9-0.

Both games are 2 weeks following a bye week.

Both teams come in ranked #2 in the coaches poll.

Both games are home games on ABC.

Both games have the #3 ranked team in the BCS/Playoff rankings coming to Iowa City.

Both teams will lose to Iowa on a late field goal for 3 points.

Both times Iowa's opponents come in over confident and talking about "style points" only to lose the game.

Iowa is once again playing the guy who was Michigan's QB in Iowa's biggest field goal play prior to that.

All the signs are there pointing towards an Iowa upset. I once again pick Iowa to win on a late field goal 12-10 just like Iowa beat Jim Hairball last time he came here. Once again the noise will get to him, he can't handle the Kinnick noise or the pink locker rooms.

Last edited:
I love the optimism, but that was a 2008 team was building it's way into the 2009 team. I would love for an upset, but I just don't see it.

Both teams can rise. Illinois finished the season 5-7 that year. That loss did not instill a lot of confidence either. That is why both wins are called an upset. Most people do not expect Iowa to win, except for the coaches, players and the most loyal fans.

Last edited:
You did not know that at the time. This could also be the start of a long winning streak.

You know, I can always appreciate an eternal optimist even if I could never be one. You'll never get down in the dumps and you'll always see the future through rose colored glasses.

That said, every single one of your posts are absolutely ridiculous and has zero basis in reality. None. Zip.

You have predicted an Iowa win for every single game they have ever played since you started to post here. Every. Single. One. The only other thing you ever post is about how on every single play of every game that the Hawks lose, there is a ref screwing us over on purpose.

Go back and read your stuff for god's sake. Every post of yours is "Iowa's going to put a beating on (insert one of ClintonIAfan's stupid pet names for B1G teams here). Iowa wins (insert unrealistic final score here)." Then when it comes down to game day you flood the game thread with garbage about how the refs always no-call Iowa, how the refs are the worst you've ever seen (which is weird because if they get worse every week they must all be pretty bad), and how Iowa lost because of something ref-related. I honestly can't decide if you are truly special-needs or if you're trolling.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD come up with something besides your stupid predictions and ref smashing. It is soooooo old and tiring for people to read who actually follow the program and watch football. We know you love the Hawks, and we know you want them to win every week. But PLEASE stop posting such stupid stuff when everyone here but you can see how dumb it is.

12-10 is in no way unrealistic, and I did present the historical evidence that makes me believe that. By the way you make it sound one would think that I was predicting Iowa to win in a blowout.

While not every game goes the way I expect it to, this game just feels like a last second dramatic field goal that shocks the world type game to me because I've seen this script before.

Love the optimism, but I don't see this comparison at all. Maybe I just remember it wrong, but you just had a feeling with that Iowa team they were going to beat Penn St. in '08. The team was rushing the ball like a boss, the offensive line was hitting it's stride, and Greene was looking like a monster the previous weeks rushing the ball. The defense was stout against the run and getting even better it seemed.

To me this team is nothing like that '08 team, there has been no continued improvement, and as a matter of fact both the running game and stopping the run looks like more of a mess now than it did a month ago.

This game will get out of hand so quickly, just like the PSU game did. Herbstreit will be so happy that we are exposed as a pretty bad football team once again.

Yes, we felt good before the Illinois game, but that was a disappointment. They lost to Western Michigan the following week. That was a terrible loss. The people in the media did not predict an Iowa win. Same record 5-4, both teams talented but young.

12-10 is in no way unrealistic, and I did present the historical evidence that makes me believe that. By the way you make it sound one would think that I was predicting Iowa to win in a blowout.

While not every game goes the way I expect it to, this game just feels like a last second dramatic field goal that shocks the world type game to me because I've seen this script before.

Every game "feels" like a win against "Pedo State" or the "Mildcats" ad nauseum, then we get to read double digit posts about how Iowa, and only Iowa, gets screwed by the refs and how losses are never due to bad football. Rinse, repeat.

Do us all a favor and just post a prediction that Iowa will win every game from here to eternity, and save everyone from having to vomit on his or her shoes every time you visit a game thread. It will save you time and we already know what you're going to spew.

This Michigan game has so many uncanny similarities to the 2008 Pedo State game, way to many to just be a coincidence.

Both games immediately follow the election of a new president.

Both games come after a tough road loss.

Both times Iowa enters the game 5-4.

Both times Iowa's opponents come in 9-0.

Both games are 2 weeks following a bye week.

Both teams come in ranked #2 in the coaches poll.

Both games are home games on ABC.

Both games have the #3 ranked team in the BCS/Playoff rankings coming to Iowa City.

Both teams will lose to Iowa on a late field goal for 3 points.

Both times Iowa's opponents come in over confident and talking about "style points" only to lose the game.

Iowa is once again playing the guy who was Michigan's QB in Iowa's biggest field goal play prior to that.

All the signs are there pointing towards an Iowa upset. I once again pick Iowa to win on a late field goal 12-10 just like Iowa beat Jim Hairball last time he came here. Once again the noise will get to him, he can't handle the Kinnick noise or the pink locker rooms.

I wasn't aware a field goal could be anything but 3 points.

[QUOTE="on (insert one of ClintonIAfan's stupid pet names [/QUOTE]

I glanced and though you were going political on us...:confused:

It used to be worth 5 points, the same as a touchdown. In fact with today's the mildcats would not have tied Iowa in 1900. Iowa would have won 6-3 despite the food poisoning.

Bro, you're getting abused. Even by the apologists. And I for one am not going to stand for it.

I'm 100% on board. Iowa isn't just going to win, they are going to embarrass Michigan. Harbaugh won't use Peppers creatively to destroy Iowa, but Kirk will use King in creative new ways to destroy Michigan.

Final score: Iowa 63 Michigan 7

I'm so giddy after yesterday:D:):D:):D:):D:)

Bro, you're getting abused. Even by the apologists. And I for one am not going to stand for it.

I'm 100% on board. Iowa isn't just going to win, they are going to embarrass Michigan. Harbaugh won't use Peppers creatively to destroy Iowa, but Kirk will use King in creative new ways to destroy Michigan.

Final score: Iowa 63 Michigan 7

I'm so giddy after yesterday:D:):D:):D:):D:)

Just imagine if you woke up from a 20 year Coma today........

Cubs won the World Series

Donald Trump is the President elect.

You'd think you woke up on another planet.

Latest posts