Eerie similarities to 2008

The 2008 team had NFL players such as Clayborn, Ballard, Daniels, Angerer, Spievey, Sash, Bulaga, Vandervelde, Myers, Greene, and a lot of other players on top of the Iowa record books (Stanzi, DJK, McNutt). Who on this current team, other than King, will be in the NFL or considered an all time great?

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said above. This gentleman will yield the floor.

The 2008 team had NFL players such as Clayborn, Ballard, Daniels, Angerer, Spievey, Sash, Bulaga, Vandervelde, Myers, Greene, and a lot of other players on top of the Iowa record books (Stanzi, DJK, McNutt). Who on this current team, other than King, will be in the NFL or considered an all time great?

Jaleel Johnson. They are the only two who will get drafted.

Just imagine if you woke up from a 20 year Coma today........

Cubs won the World Series

Donald Trump is the President elect.

You'd think you woke up on another planet.

Beef Supreme would be killing in the arena as well. Brawndo, it's what Hawks crave.

I attended that 2008 game. It was extremely cold and VERY windy, which was a huge equalizer, frankly. The forecast this Saturday evening is mild with very little wind.

I don't think Iowa has any chance at all

I attended that 2008 game. It was extremely cold and VERY windy, which was a huge equalizer, frankly. The forecast this Saturday evening is mild with very little wind.

I don't think Iowa has any chance at all

Other than the 5-4 record at the same point in year there are no other coincidences. Andy Brodell with a busted up hamstring would look like Jerry Rice on this team.

I get ClintonIAfan/Hawknick and whoever else he has been is workin his schtick I am sure he is getting off(probably literally and figuratively) trolling people. We all know Iowa isn't winning this game.

Last edited:
If you're serious that's one of the dumber things I've read online.

Of course I'm serious. There's a reason why some of these players' other scholarship offers where only from MAC schools and other non-power 5 schools. Its because that's were they should be. Not a mid-level Power 5 program like Iowa.

How many guys on Iowa's team have offer lists that look something like this: Iowa, Central Florida, Ball St, Akron. No other Power 5 offers outside of Iowa.

Did that many Power 5 schools miss on that many guys? Or maybe its Iowa giving scholarships to guys they shouldn't be giving them to and thus looking like the slow, non-athletic team we've seen much of the last 6 years.

I lot of those players that made the nfl were freshmen and sophomores, one did not know at the time who would be drafted. It is very possible that many of the young players who you would nor expect to now could step up and make the nfl.

I would add to that list Cedrick Lattimore, Matt Nelson, Manny Rugamba, Brandon Snyder, and junior Josey Jewell. I am not sure if he was mentioned. Both rosters are talented, but lost games that they should have won. The other thing that gives me confidence is that Iowa plays well against Michigan now, winning 4 of the last 5. It is not the 1970s anymore.

I lot of those players that made the nfl were freshmen and sophomores, one did not know at the time who would be drafted. It is very possible that many of the young players who you would nor expect to now could step up and make the nfl.

I would add to that list Cedrick Lattimore, Matt Nelson, Manny Rugamba, Brandon Snyder, and junior Josey Jewell. I am not sure if he was mentioned. Both rosters are talented, but lost games that they should have won. The other thing that gives me confidence is that Iowa plays well against Michigan now, winning 4 of the last 5. It is not the 1970s anymore.

Troll Status: Confirmed

Of course I'm serious. There's a reason why some of these players' other scholarship offers where only from MAC schools and other non-power 5 schools. Its because that's were they should be. Not a mid-level Power 5 program like Iowa.

How many guys on Iowa's team have offer lists that look something like this: Iowa, Central Florida, Ball St, Akron. No other Power 5 offers outside of Iowa.

Did that many Power 5 schools miss on that many guys? Or maybe its Iowa giving scholarships to guys they shouldn't be giving them to and thus looking like the slow, non-athletic team we've seen much of the last 6 years.

Name our 5 shittiest defensive starters and tell us with a straight face that they wouldn't start at any other P5 school. You're being ridiculous man. If you're going to troll at least make it believable.

So, according to you, Mabin, Ekakitie, Taylor, Snyder...none of those guys would start on a Kansas, ISU, Missouri, Arizona, Duke, Rutgers (I could keep going) defensive squad? You're embarrassing yourself.

Name our 5 shittiest defensive starters and tell us with a straight face that they wouldn't start at any other P5 school. You're being ridiculous man. If you're going to troll at least make it believable.

So, according to you, Mabin, Ekakitie, Taylor, Snyder...none of those guys would start on a Kansas, ISU, Missouri, Arizona, Duke, Rutgers (I could keep going) defensive squad? You're embarrassing yourself.

You want me to tell you with a straight face? We're on a message board. How am I supposed to accomplish this?