Economic Impact of COVID19

Economic impact is the major deal that will arise out of all this gross overreaction. It's gonna take a while to fix. And a bunch of it was avoidable.

Economic impact is the major deal that will arise out of all this gross overreaction. It's gonna take a while to fix. And a bunch of it was avoidable.

I think a bunch is still avoidable. No one wants to see the economy take a hit, but IMO maybe we'd be better off shutting everything down for 2-3 weeks forcing everyone to comply as opposed to moving forward like we are indefinitely. I'm not saying I support a shutdown (although I'm starting to take that stance) but I only see dragging on with more and more shutting down voluntarily/or involuntarily each week. I guess I'd rather see the bandaid ripped off then watch things continue to spiral indefinitely.

This whole thing in the US came from a handful of people coming into the US infected and each giving it to a couple more people. Then they each gave it to a couple more people. Then they each gave it to a couple more people. The more it grows, the harder it is to stop and its just now started growing big. How do you think it's going to stop without doing anything now that it's already this big?

Illinois governor Pritzker is bashing Trump at every opportunity, basically trying to make a folk hero out of himself.

That's a battle he can't win.

I remember New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin bashing Bush after Katrina, but didn't turn out so well for Nagin as I recall.

"In 2014, Nagin was convicted on twenty of twenty-one charges of wire fraud, bribery, and money laundering related to bribes from city contractors before and after Katrina and was sentenced to ten years in federal prison."

Attachments

• 22te8q.pdf
    37.8 KB · Views: 1
Trust me Trump will open this country back up with some limitations and guidelines over it being continually crushed by these limitations. Just no way I can see us continuing to allow this to happen!

Yeah, we will see if States Rights have more legal sway than the Fed as far as controlling the citizens of each state.

Trust me Trump will open this country back up with some limitations and guidelines over it being continually crushed by these limitations. Just no way I can see us continuing to allow this to happen!
That's almost certainly going to happen. We are all going to end up on mandatory lockdown at some point. It's possible a low populated state like iowa can avoid this. But when we come off mandatory lockdown, it's not like we are going back to doing whatever we want. We will still have to be careful to not pass on the virus too much. If it starts to get bad again, they will lock us down again. We will live like that until there is a vaccine.

I think a bunch is still avoidable. No one wants to see the economy take a hit, but IMO maybe we'd be better off shutting everything down for 2-3 weeks forcing everyone to comply as opposed to moving forward like we are indefinitely. I'm not saying I support a shutdown (although I'm starting to take that stance) but I only see dragging on with more and more shutting down voluntarily/or involuntarily each week. I guess I'd rather see the bandaid ripped off then watch things continue to spiral indefinitely.

We, all of us, the leaders, the govts, have to drastically increase the number of hospital beds, ventilators and PPE in the next couple of weeks.

Unfortunately this should have started at least 6 weeks ago. If the healthcare system can take a bigger spike then you can relax things a bit because in the end the virus is going to get most of us in time if nothing else changes.

Out of chaos comes unexpected changes which will have a big impact on Real Estate Investment Trust and Public Education. Employers that were reluctant to move to the "work from home model" are now forced too. For their business to recover they are going to hunt down expenses that can be cut. One cost will be lease of office space. Employees are going to prefer WFH to significantly reduce transportation cost for going to work. There is a bunch of economic ripples to come from WFH.

I'll get arguments from education people but college and high school classes forced into being delivered via the Internet will cause a huge rethink of how students are receive education. It was already happening to a degree but when the public finds that it less expensive (meaning less taxes and lower tuition) to educate students vast changes will occur. The bureaucratic structure of colleges and high schools is an expense that will be impacted. The number of building required will be less.

There are just so many unpredictable changes that are about to transform life as a result of this pandemic.

Last edited:
Out of chaos comes unexpected changes which will have a big impact on Real Estate Investment Trust and Public Education. Employers that were reluctant to move to the "work from home model" are now forced too. For their business to recover they are going to hunt down expenses that can be cut. One cost will be lease of office space. Employees are going to prefer WFH to significantly reduce transportation cost for going to work. There is a bunch of economic ripples to come from WFH.

I'll get arguments from education people but college and high school classes forced into being delivered via the Internet will cause a huge rethink of how students are receive education. It was already happening to a degree but when the public finds that it less expensive (meaning less taxes and lower tuition) to educate students vast changes will occur. The bureaucratic structure of colleges and high schools is an expense that will be impacted. The number of building required will be less.

There are just so many unpredictable changes that are about to transform life as a result of this pandemic.

Translation - if you think people seem to be Aspie cases now, just wait until we get into the full generation of folks who end up being home schooled via distance learning and then work from home.

Question for you - if kids are home schooled, how will bullies collect lunch money?

The summer Olympics just got postponed. I really wonder what type if any MLB baseball season we'll have?
Some are saying anything is in play now, including college football and the NFL season.

The next ten days should tell us a lot about how many have been complying with social distancing and sheltering in place. I expect US cases to hit seven figures, which is still probably fewer than the number of flu cases in an average season.

Translation - if you think people seem to be Aspie cases now, just wait until we get into the full generation of folks who end up being home schooled via distance learning and then work from home.

Question for you - if kids are home schooled, how will bullies collect lunch money?
Hang around the convenience store long enough and rip off their Twinkie and Pepsi money.

The school canceled and my graduation ceremony is canceled. Here's my graduation picture!
giphy.gif

Latest posts