Eastern Illinois game

This team can play defense and can be very good at it

Perkins and Ulis are returning from injuries

They are capable of playing Iowa State Game Tough but don't have the bench to do it
the entire season, especially if starters are injured

Gonna be a long season, just relax and cheer the Hawks on

If I'm Fran I'm seriously considering a full postgame practice right now, Herb Brooks style, until someone loses their stomach.
We do that with my team sometimes after bad losses. Especially away games. Guys have time to think about it on the bus ride and when we get home I turn the lights on at our home diamond and we scrimmage or take BP till we get it out of our system. It’s not a negative thing and I obviously can’t and don’t force kids to stay. But they do. My sport is during the summer so that makes a difference too. Can’t really have a basketball team practicing till 11:30 pm during the school year.

A lot of frustration gets dealt with in a more constructive way than doing some Bobby Knight yelling.

Not sure you can get away with that in 2022.
We do it in high school baseball after bad losses and it’s therapeutic. It’s not punishment (for us), it’s blowing off steam and getting a bad night behind you as absolutely soon as possible.

it works.

I was busy and missed the game. Probably a good thing. I see spliff’s post that they scored 90 points on us. That’s not acceptable. I know we maybe down a couple of players but supposedly this was suppose to be a good defensive team. I guess not.

This foolishness was on the players. They gave up 90 points. That is lack of effort. The should be very ashamed of themselves. Now they better win the next two BT games on the road.

And what’s worse?

1. losing to a 3-9 blue panther team at home favored by 33
2. Ferentz not recruiting a single running back or receiver when his offense may have been the worst in the entire country
3. A HN poster saying the smaller number first when reporting the score?
#2 is #2.

This foolishness was on the players. They gave up 90 points. That is lack of effort. The should be very ashamed of themselves. Now they better win the next two BT games on the road.
I agree. There isn't a coach in the world that gets his team mentally ready against cupcakes 100% of the time. Every team plays games like that. You mostly get away with it. But not always.

I agree. There isn't a coach in the world that gets his team mentally ready against cupcakes 100% of the time. Every team plays games like that. You mostly get away with it. But not always.

It happens all the time in the NBA. Games where guys are just mentally checked out. We are talking about grown men who get paid very well to play basketball. That being said, it is a crushing loss. Go to the Net Rankings, KenPom or any other metric and you realize they have work to do now. I'm already in panic mode thinking that they have to get both PSU and Nebraska next week.

Well we have a potential first round NBA draft pick on the team, let's start there.

I didn't want KM's return to be about him being the savior. Unfortunately, that is what the Eastern Illinois loss has turned into. Just more added pressure for Kris. Now he has to save the season and still maintain 1st rd. pick draft status. That's a big ask.

I didn't want KM's return to be about him being the savior. Unfortunately, that is what the Eastern Illinois loss has turned into. Just more added pressure for Kris. Now he has to save the season and still maintain 1st rd. pick draft status. That's a big ask.
yeah, and frankly, he doesn't have the pieces around him. I honestly can't believe how bad of a shooting team this is after the past several seasons. It's awful. I hope that game was a wake up call vs a snapshot at what to expect the rest of the year. This team should be embarrassed, they should be hungry and they should know they need to win at Penn State. They need to win at Nebraska. If they don't, not sure they can dance and that's literally THE ONLY thing that matters to me. Take that out, I will be checked out, not soon to return.

I can't give excuses for losing to E Illinois and giving up 90 pts, but, they were out like 7 players. I think they only had 8 dressed.

yeah, and frankly, he doesn't have the pieces around him. I honestly can't believe how bad of a shooting team this is after the past several seasons. It's awful. I hope that game was a wake up call vs a snapshot at what to expect the rest of the year. This team should be embarrassed, they should be hungry and they should know they need to win at Penn State. They need to win at Nebraska. If they don't, not sure they can dance and that's literally THE ONLY thing that matters to me. Take that out, I will be checked out, not soon to return.

Yea, but as bad as they were in this game shooting, didn't they still lead all BIG teams in scoring coming into this game.

Something doesn't add up. Maybe the game was an anomaly. Let's hope so. I think we are more to the middle of both the extremes.

Also, they still scored 83 pts this game. This was nothing on the offense. It was all on defensive effort, ...... AGAIN!

You can probably bookmark this date for the time I turned on Fran. Like make it make sense to me? If this team fails to make the dance I will want Fran gone. It won’t happen because he’s built some good will, but what I witnessed today was bush.I’ve never witnessed a worse showing.That loss can’t happen, get it figured out.

Ok who hijacked Good’s account???

Latest posts