Eastern Illinois game

My two biggest worries right now are Perkins and Sandfort. I really thought Perkins was going to be consistently good this year. It's looking more and more like he's going to have some good days and have some bad days. Unfortunately we don't have the depth for that. Especially since Sandort went from looking like he was going to be a pretty good Big 10 starter to a guy who sometimes brings an offensive spark off the bench.

You can probably bookmark this date for the time I turned on Fran. Like make it make sense to me? If this team fails to make the dance I will want Fran gone. It won’t happen because he’s built some good will, but what I witnessed today was bush.I’ve never witnessed a worse showing.That loss can’t happen, get it figured out.
But we have JackMac coming up soon

I'm not trying to sugar coat it too much because this was the worst game I've ever seen. But shit like this can happen in basketball way easier than in football. One team goes unconscious while the other can't make a shot.

It was a perfect storm of shit. Christmas break coming. Storm coming. Game moves up to a different time. A team you can sleep walk your way to a victory 19 times out of 20. 2 of your top 5 guys out. Then they jump out to a big lead early to reinforce what they already thought. That their opponent stood no chance.

In hindsight, we would have been better off getting punched in the mouth early. It would have completely changed their mindset with plenty of time to spare. When we got up 18-4 it seriously looked like we were going to win by 40. Just a ho hum boring game where we watch walkons for the last 8 minutes. By the time our guys new they were going to have to fight for a win the damage was done and they couldn't recover.
You make a lot of sense. I just had a lot of hopes for this team and it’s all falling apart. Im hopeful he’s held out these guys in thoughts he’s getting them ready for our long stretch. That team was just statistically one of the worst teams in the country. They just erased any margin of error. They’re already a thin squad as far as bodies and they given themselves an uphill climb. I’ll be pulling for it, but if they miss the tourney it will be Fran’s worse year of coaching ever.

Not sure you can get away with that in 2022.
I remember a few years back when Iowa absolutely punked Nebraska in Lincoln and Tim Miles banned his team from the locker room and all team facilities.

If Fran can't send them out for a physical post-game practice, how about the players all spending the holiday going out with tow truck crews and fishing stranded motorists out of the ditches.

When I heard the game had moved up to afternoon I told a family member, who asked about tv, that it didn't matter because no one other than the players on the court care about this game. Well, apparently not even the Iowa players cared.

I think it's safe to say this team just isn't very good. Kris Murry has developed into a solid talent. CMac has become a good leader and an important piece of this team after 5 years. I would say every other player is a crap shoot. Some nights you get the good side of them and the next game they are a no show. The B10 will chew this team up and spit them out if they good side of each player doesn't show up every game. There is no instant offense coming off this bench. You can't lose this game without serious consequences. They might not recover mentally from this one.

And what’s worse?

1. losing to a 3-9 blue panther team at home favored by 33
2. Ferentz not recruiting a single running back or receiver when his offense may have been the worst in the entire country
3. A HN poster saying the smaller number first when reporting the score?

You make a lot of sense. I just had a lot of hopes for this team and it’s all falling apart. Im hopeful he’s held out these guys in thoughts he’s getting them ready for our long stretch. That team was just statistically one of the worst teams in the country. They just erased any margin of error. They’re already a thin squad as far as bodies and they given themselves an uphill climb. I’ll be pulling for it, but if they miss the tourney it will be Fran’s worse year of coaching ever.
Hopes based upon what exactly?

And what’s worse?

2. Ferentz not recruiting a single running back or receiver when his offense may have been the worst in the entire country
#3 AINEC. That would rank right up there with if he would've said that we were versing Eastern Illinois. Both are bannable offenses.

And what’s worse?

#4. Putting an apostrophe in the word stairs? ;)

We looked like a high school team compared to TCU, that was eye opening. This just wow.
I know Fran has lost to UNO before, but that year we lost to Virginia, Memphis and Notre Dame consecutively before losing to Omaha... That team had Bohannon, Jok, Wagner, Pemsl, Uhl, Baer, Kreiner. Not world beaters, but for some reason seems a little more solid than this year's fragile line up.

I just am disappointed in the play of guys that I expected to be good this year. They just are not athletic enough to play good defense, Iowa shooters can't get their shots off when contested. That's been the problem with all of Fran's teams.

He might have been resting them somewhat with the conference games upcoming

Onward and Upward hopefully

I am not expecting much this season in the conference, perhaps somewhere in the middle/lower middle

Going to watch all the games, this season might be Lickliter Lite

Latest posts