Eastern Illinois game

College basketball this season is wide open. There are no dominant teams. What we are saying about this team in December could be completely different than what we say about this team in March.
Wide open...for Hawks?

You taking my word for it?

We also played Loyola Marymount in the old Amana Hawkeye Classic that same non con season. Fortunately Bo Kimble and Hank Gathers were sitting out their transfer years.

yep. don't need to google it. you start jogging my memory and it all starts coming back to me.

Would you say it is the worse loss considering where Fran has the Iowa program now? I want to say he lost some non-conference clunkers like this at home before....but the team names are escaping me.
Campbell was one of them...

If I'm Fran I'm seriously considering a full postgame practice right now, Herb Brooks style, until someone loses their stomach.

Last edited:
You can probably bookmark this date for the time I turned on Fran. Like make it make sense to me? If this team fails to make the dance I will want Fran gone. It won’t happen because he’s built some good will, but what I witnessed today was bush.I’ve never witnessed a worse showing.That loss can’t happen, get it figured out.

You can probably bookmark this date for the time I turned on Fran. Like make it make sense to me? If this team fails to make the dance I will want Fran gone. It won’t happen because he’s built some good will, but what I witnessed today was bush.I’ve never witnessed a worse showing.That loss can’t happen, get it figured out.

you flipping on Fran means the end of the world is coming soon.:)

Would you say it is the worse loss considering where Fran has the Iowa program now? I want to say he lost some non-conference clunkers like this at home before....but the team names are escaping me.
I can’t imagine they were 30 point favorites and lost to a team the has the worst offense in the country. This is a loss that must be answered for or there has to be a dramatic turn around when players return. This is roster, his team, I expect tournament appearances. They can still do it easily, but their now going to have to leave no doubt with a loss like this. Nebraska is a must win game.

you flipping on Fran means the end of the world is coming soon.:)
Ya just can’t do that. I just don’t care who ya are, ya can’t. If you do, help me make sense of it by mowing earth when Kris returns. But I don’t think they will, not at this point, not after that

I can’t imagine they were 30 point favorites and lost to a team the has the worst offense in the country. This is a loss that must be answered for or there has to be a dramatic turn around when players return. This is roster, his team, I expect tournament appearances. They can still do it easily, but their now going to have to leave no doubt with a loss like this. Nebraska is a must win game.
I'm not trying to sugar coat it too much because this was the worst game I've ever seen. But shit like this can happen in basketball way easier than in football. One team goes unconscious while the other can't make a shot.

It was a perfect storm of shit. Christmas break coming. Storm coming. Game moves up to a different time. A team you can sleep walk your way to a victory 19 times out of 20. 2 of your top 5 guys out. Then they jump out to a big lead early to reinforce what they already thought. That their opponent stood no chance.

In hindsight, we would have been better off getting punched in the mouth early. It would have completely changed their mindset with plenty of time to spare. When we got up 18-4 it seriously looked like we were going to win by 40. Just a ho hum boring game where we watch walkons for the last 8 minutes. By the time our guys new they were going to have to fight for a win the damage was done and they couldn't recover.

Ya, the 3 wins they have (now 4) they beat a NAIA team, D3 team, and beat a D1 3-10 team.

Latest posts