East Lansing reporter claims to know divisions...

I think by "protected", he meant that it's staying on the final weekend. Which is good, because they won't match up that often in the BTCG anyway.
Correct, I guess I shouldn't have used the word "protected". I wanted the tradition of that being the final B10 game for both teams kept in tact.

BigTen-Divisions-512-by-355_20100830164628_640_480.JPG

Murphy and Andy say they keep getting emails saying that the rumor is that the helmets above are positioned to identify the divisions. If so that will suck for us...

Murphy and Andy say they keep getting emails saying that the rumor is that the helmets above are positioned to identify the divisions. If so that will suck for us...

The B10 Network is a terribly run business if that's true. They wouldn't be hyping the unveiling of the divisions then give away the divisions on the front page of their website.

BigTen-Divisions-512-by-355_20100830164628_640_480.JPG

As I posted in another thread, the file name for this picture is "Big Ten Divisions". I think these might be the divisions.

..Plus I bet they go to 2 protected games once the schedule expands to 9 conference games so Wisc would then be a protected game in the future as alvarez even eluded to the fact that Iowa and Wisc rivalry might not be every year at first but very well may be in future again.

Alvarez also said they wanted to start a rivalry with Nebraska. So it could wind up that Wisconsin gets Minn/Neb as their rivalries - that won't be good for us. Wisconsin fans don't appear to like this set-up. It makes me think that Wisconsin went into the division with OSU voluntarily so that they will get rivalries they wanted which was with Minn/Neb.

Some of you guys need to stop looking at the tree and zoom out to the forest. Cracks me up how upset this is getting people. The Big 10 has 12 teams to consider. Some of this sounds like two four year olds arguing over the same toy. There is simply no way the conference can let every team get exactly what they want. As far as I'm concerned, as long as we aren't in OSU's division and we get to play Nebraska every year it's a good alignment for Iowa.

This is just about as good as it gets for the Hawks. I will be happy.

My alignment had the bottom-feeders flipped.

The breakdown of >.500% -- .500% -- and <.500% conference records since 1993 looks like this.

School . . . . Record
1. OSU . . . 15-1-1
2. MICH . . 15-0-2
3. NEB . . . 13-1-3
4. PSU . . . 12-3-2
5. WIS . . . 10-2-5
6. IOWA . . .7-4-6
7. NW . . . . 7-1-9
8a. MSU . . . .5-6-6
8b. PURD . . . 5-5-7
10. ILL . . . . 3-3-11
11. MIN . . . .2-2-13
12. IND . . . .1-1-15

Don't cry for the Badgers.

Wisconsin gets games with the three worst programs. That's three automatic wins plus 3 pre-season games means they're bowl eligible if they have a team with a pulse every season before the season even starts.

And Purdue? Of the middle-tier teams: Iowa, MSU, NW and Purdue -- the Boilermakers would be the #4 seed.

So Wisconsin plays every year, the #9, #10, #11, and #12 seeds based on history since 1993.

Somehow, I don't think their arm was twisted to go play out East.

Latest posts