East Lansing reporter claims to know divisions...

This sets up well for ND to be placed in the West (Michigan and MSU) and their protected rivarly being Purdue since Iowa fans won't care if we lose our "rivarly" with Purdue for an Eastern Team or any other for that matter

Sorry, but OSU has IU,Ill,and Purdue....bottom-feeders...now that is easy.
Iowa has Michigan(traditional power),NW(going for 3rd straight bowl),Neb(top 10 team and program),MSU(always among most talented teams in the league)....no, it could be much easier.

In fact if we switched divisions with OSU...PSU and Wisky are teams we own and would be our only tough games...now that is an easy road.
They have gilded the road for OSU to the title game every year.

You're ****** crazy, both PSU and Wisconsin are better than NW, MSU, Michigan and Minnesota, so IMO Iowa will have 4 "so called easier" games in their own division then they would playing PSU and Wisconsin every year. Using Michigan and traditional power is fine but what they were doing 10 years ago doesn't mean crap in 2011.

These divisions set up very nicely for Iowa.

If this happens then imo Iowa got everything we wanted in the divisional alignment (assuming this is true of course)

I would like to play PSU every year but missing them and OSU from time to time isnt really a bad thing

Especially if the BT does expand more and ND is a part of it. If we got them in our division.....that would be fun to maybe develop a rivalry with them.

cookie goes to eyekwah. There were about 1,007 different allignments, someone was bound to get it right ;)

cookie goes to eyekwah. There were about 1,007 different allignments, someone was bound to get it right ;)

I was only off by one (switch Minnesota & Purdue), and that change would not have effected Iowa's schedule, since it seems Purdue will be protected ... what do I get?

no one ever said it wasn't going to be a protected game. next you'll say you don't mind it being an oct. game as long as you play every year.....

I think by "protected", he meant that it's staying on the final weekend. Which is good, because they won't match up that often in the BTCG anyway.

I think by "protected", he meant that it's staying on the final weekend. Which is good, because they won't match up that often in the BTCG anyway.

Exactly, might as well play OSU/Michigan as the last game as OSU will play either Iowa or Nebraska in the title game anyway for the next few years.

Well we theoretically have already protected our Nebraska, Michigan and Minnesota games. I think both Iowa and Wisconsin feel it might be too hard to win their own divisions if they had to beat up on each other each year.

Wasn't the Big 12 divisions still based on your overall conference record? If that's the way the Big 10 is going to work then theoretically both Wisconsin and Iowa benefit from not having to play every year.

Latest posts