Early Odds

Iowa is a gnat that SCum wants to swat away with minimal effort.
Their focus won't be this game...it'll be on the next one.
SCum will substitute freely in the 2nd half.

I want to knock the piss out of their QB
D83-112 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This just in...then again...maybe not!
Wow. Of the 3 BTen teams with 5-7 records (MN, NE, ILL), the Goofers are probably playing the worst of those 3 teams. Nebraska will be in any game vs a team with a similar record because of their Defense; Illinois the same story because of their offense. This last month, MN has looked pathetic. If I was a bowl opponent, MN is the team of those 3 I'd love to play.

There's definitely a scenario that exists where Michigan falls out of the playoffs with a (unlikely) loss this weekend AND Ohio State sneaks back in. Because a loss to Iowa is considerably more damaging than OSU's loss to Michigan.

Wolverines have all the pressure on them this weekend. But they will have all their attention on the game as well. They're going to come out for the jugular and not let Iowa hang around and ugly it up.

There's definitely a scenario that exists where Michigan falls out of the playoffs with a (unlikely) loss this weekend AND Ohio State sneaks back in. Because a loss to Iowa is considerably more damaging than OSU's loss to Michigan.

Wolverines have all the pressure on them this weekend. But they will have all their attention on the game as well. They're going to come out for the jugular and not let Iowa hang around and ugly it up.
Good stuff.

Our defense is really good and may slow them down in the first half, but will run out of gas in the third quarter as the offense will not score any thing but field goals and that is going to be iffy.

Yes we have made marginal improvements, but this Michigan team has a high potential to be the national champs……………… gulp…………… as much as I hate to admit it.

Final score 31-6. Bad guys win.

At least Iowa has a chance, a lot of the posters on this board didn't even want that.

Myself included. To be clear our only chance is if Brian spent all day Saturday having guys draw up their best backyard football plays and we roll out there with 20 gadget plays and at least half of them work. If we go out and try to run the same offense you can turn this one off at halftime because we already know how that will go. We can stay in our shell and lose 42-3 or 54-10 or 31-0 or we can YOLO the play calling every single time we have the ball and maybe shit all over the place and win some dogshit game 23-21 or something ugly like that. If we have 8 straight 3 and outs, which has been our MO in these big games the past few years, we will lose by 35+. Our defense cannot bottle up Michigan's run game for 45 plays if Corum and his backup are getting 5+ per carry. They will break the defense in the second half and I don't want to watch another game like that because it just absolutely sucks to watch this defense have that shit happen to them.

Myself included. To be clear our only chance is if Brian spent all day Saturday having guys draw up their best backyard football plays and we roll out there with 20 gadget plays and at least half of them work. If we go out and try to run the same offense you can turn this one off at halftime because we already know how that will go. We can stay in our shell and lose 42-3 or 54-10 or 31-0 or we can YOLO the play calling every single time we have the ball and maybe shit all over the place and win some dogshit game 23-21 or something ugly like that. If we have 8 straight 3 and outs, which has been our MO in these big games the past few years, we will lose by 35+. Our defense cannot bottle up Michigan's run game for 45 plays if Corum and his backup are getting 5+ per carry. They will break the defense in the second half and I don't want to watch another game like that because it just absolutely sucks to watch this defense have that shit happen to them.
But we get a chance to do that, that's good, not bad. This week, regardless of the outcome or final score, this is GREAT for Iowa football. The extra game, the focus it will put on our program. It's great for recruiting. Iowa not only won the West with this enimic offense, they won it by a couple of games. You have to tip your hat to the staff, they learned from last year and improved on it. This is ONLY GOOD for Iowa, I don't care if they lose by 70. You won't convince me otherwise. Extra football for a team that only get's 12 games a year is what I want every single season....now that we have it, F all of you who think that isn't a good thing.

But we get a chance to do that, that's good, not bad. This week, regardless of the outcome or final score, this is GREAT for Iowa football. The extra game, the focus it will put on our program. It's great for recruiting. Iowa not only won the West with this enimic offense, they won it by a couple of games. You have to tip your hat to the staff, they learned from last year and improved on it. This is ONLY GOOD for Iowa, I don't care if they lose by 70. You won't convince me otherwise. Extra football for a team that only get's 12 games a year is what I want every single season....now that we have it, F all of you who think that isn't a good thing.

Iowa playing in a game with a virtual monopoly on viewership in prime time losing by 70 is not good under any circumstance. Did losing 42-3 in this game in 2021 help us? No, our offense got even shittier in 2022 and then found a new low in 2023. Did losing this game last year help Purdue? Nope, they went on to lose their bowl game 63-7 and then wound up 4-8 this year. Nebraska hasn't won double digit games since having their manhood stolen at the hands of Wisconsin in this game over a decade ago. These sorts of games break the spirit of our defensive players.

Hell, our side has lost this game every single year it has been in existence. The appearance in these games has done nothing to change the balance of power, which has only gotten worse. It's such a farce, in fact, that the Big Ten had to change the rules in the hopes of finding a game that will draw interest like the SEC gets for its title game.

This game should be a rematch of Ohio and Michigan. They are the two best teams in the conference, with a decent gap over PSU and a light years' gap over everyone else. This is a consolation prize for Iowa being the tallest midget in the West. I hope we come out and win it, but if we lose it by some score like, oh I don't know, say 42-3, there's no upside whatsoever to the program. It's like an NIT berth.

I'm giving the Hawks a better shot than most. We played them two years ago in the same situation. We're going to be ready for their bag of tricks this time around, and it's possible their QB will be playing at less than 100%.

Latest posts