Early Odds

Damn, nothing but the truth here. There is another point you could have hit on here also. The fact that we are 10-2 and have the worst offense in the sport. This lends credence to the fact the winning a lot of games doesn’t mean you’re one of the most successful programs in the sport. It could mean nothing more than your the best of the worst.

Tack on another ten wins in Kirks total win column but nevermind how pathetic the teams are that he beat to get those ten wins. That’s like saying saying some ivy school’s records is all that counts because they beat most Ivy league teams they played.

God I hope we upset Michigan, that’s when the rubber meets the road. Sure GOOD is right that it’s better to be the West champ over being in the middle of the West mess at 6-6 or 5-7. I know some are afraid that is where we are going after Kirk retires, but some thought that when Hayden retired and we let Stoops slip away.

So it’s not just about winning it also who you beat and how good or bad they are. Hell this week usually would be hype week on the Big Ten Channel but the sportscasters are tripping over themselves trying to find a way to hype up this game. It’s pathetic. What are they talking about? The Michigan and Ohio State game.

Would love to put an exclamation point on this season by upsetting Michigan,, THEN we are talking. Lose in an embarking game to Michigan and then lose again in the bowl game and what’s that mean? That’s Ivy League material. Yep, 10-4 and that looks good, but we all know how we got there. We need to win the BIG game and put that on our resume. Those are few and severely lacking.

I will use another school to make the point. BYU won a National title one year and the only descent team they beat that year was (at the time) a highly ranked Miami team in mid season. They barely beat a couple of very weak teams. Then it took a trick play in their final game of the year to beat a Michigan team. This wasn’t a big ten champ Michigan team this was a watered down Michigan team that finished third or fourth place in the Big Ten that year. Contract obligations forced that match up, but they had all those wins to put in the record books. That natty was a joke.

I am just hoping for a strong defensive performance

Main problem is that if the offense can't make a first down

The D will be exhausted midway through the second quarter

Go Hawks

I am just hoping for a strong defensive performance

Main problem is that if the offense can't make a first down

The D will be exhausted midway through the second quarter

Go Hawks
Yeah see Penn State game.

I am going to hope for the best defensive game Iowa played all year. Four turn overs that all lead to Iowa scores. Iowa stuns Michigan 17-15. Lol, I know, I know, but if you stop believing or hoping for your team to win, then why waste time following them?

Yeah see Penn State game.

I am going to hope for the best defensive game Iowa played all year. Four turn overs that all lead to Iowa scores. Iowa stuns Michigan 17-15. Lol, I know, I know, but if you stop believing or hoping for your team to win, then why waste time following them?
The turnovers will need to be returned for TD's by the defense if we hope to score.
If we just give the ball to our offense it will be followed by 3 & out.
Best case, a FG if the turnover is deep in the red zone.

But we get a chance to do that, that's good, not bad. This week, regardless of the outcome or final score, this is GREAT for Iowa football. The extra game, the focus it will put on our program. It's great for recruiting. Iowa not only won the West with this enimic offense, they won it by a couple of games. You have to tip your hat to the staff, they learned from last year and improved on it. This is ONLY GOOD for Iowa, I don't care if they lose by 70. You won't convince me otherwise. Extra football for a team that only get's 12 games a year is what I want every single season....now that we have it, F all of you who think that isn't a good thing.
The incredible embarrassment that is the Ferentz offense isn’t a good thing. Michigan’s defense is better than ours. All this game will do is likely expose our defense. The running joke of an offense legend will continue to grow.

Iowa has been in these big games before. Not many, but when it has, the defense was ran over and the offense was a predictable failure.

Could the defense overachieve tonight and keep the game respectable for a half? Yes. Can the offense do anything? Absolutely not. 24-3 is likely our best case scenario with it being 14-3 at half.

The incredible embarrassment that is the Ferentz offense isn’t a good thing. Michigan’s defense is better than ours. All this game will do is likely expose our defense. The running joke of an offense legend will continue to grow.

Iowa has been in these big games before. Not many, but when it has, the defense was ran over and the offense was a predictable failure.

Could the defense overachieve tonight and keep the game respectable for a half? Yes. Can the offense do anything? Absolutely not. 24-3 is likely our best case scenario with it being 14-3 at half.

I watched the game at my neighbor's house - dude is a Michigan fan. I told him it would likely be 30 or 31 to 0 and he thought I was bullshitting about how bad Iowa's offense is. I stormed out after that "fumble" and went home because I didn't want to put a hole in his drywall.