Early Odds

Iowa's offense has been the butt of the joke for 3 years running, and that is not good publicity.

However, seeing the special atmosphere that has been created at Iowa, seeing a coaching staff that truly cares about their players (and vice versa), and seeing a tough-as-nails team that just gets the job done over and over...great publicity.
Yes. Going forward, we need to have a competitive offense, or we will be courting trouble in recruiting in the new BT.

Oh no Stewart Mandel made fun of our offense on Twitter! How will Iowa football ever recover? Pat McAfee made fun of our offense today, should we even bother lining up a team to play next weekend?

Pat Mcafee's a fucking pro wrestler and Stewart Mandel ranked Scott Frost ahead of Kirk Ferentz as far as being a better coach in the B1G 4 straight years - like, I'm pretty positive our recruits aren't this dumb and shallow, some jokes about our offense aint so bad.
Wow.

If it wasn't drenched and soaked of jealousy I might take some of that stuff to heart but even then, that's a small vocal minority. Plus, grow some skin. You can't take some superficial jokes fat boy?

Overwhelmingly, and I do mean overwhelmingly, positive to VERY postive takes so far about Iowa football is what I've heard, read and witnessed and I follow this sport as closely as anyone. I read the Saturday Omaha World Herald sports section front to back. It was basically an infomercial for how good Iowa is at football. 18-1 in their last 19 November games. That seems positive. Iowa wins the west in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Seems positive. I live in a market of one of our biggest rivals. They made fun of Iowa all season long but weird vibe on my drive in this morning was "winners win, losers lose"

Iowa fans think their losing even when their winning at clips the school has rarely ever seen. If that's not being a terrible fan, I don't know what is. It's the worse and those fans suck and when I say suck, I mean, F all of them and I hope they die in a car accident.

did you really just say people who don't agree with you should go die in a car accident?

Holy shit lol

Jesus Christ Raises Lazarus from the Dead on Make a GIF
Can he play quarterback? I bet he can come up with a hail Mary.

did you really just say people who don't agree with you should go die in a car accident?

Holy shit lol
No, I said Hawkeye fans that are shitting on this 10 win season and winning the West should die in a car accident. You know why I say that? Because NONE are. Iowa fans are very proud of this team and what they have accomplished. Iowa won 10 games, something that's only happend 11 times in the history of our program. Iowa won the WEST, it's a shit division, but someone had to win it and there isn't an Iowa fan out there that didn't WANT to win the WEST. Iowa got rid of it's OC, another thing of great joy for Iowa fans. Iowa would be a dog in the CCG in ANY scenario at almost any time in it's history vs a UM, TOSU or PSU. This isn't unfamiliar territory, it's where we've lived for +40 years. Of course everyone wants a better offense, but I also want a couple million dollars too, the reality is, Iowa is very good at football and a lot of people can't handle that. If you can't enjoy it as a fan, you will never have joy from Iowa football, so why watch?

So, no I didn't say anything about people who don't agree with me, - you aren't an Iowa fan, so go eat some pavement and stop hanging out here.

Last edited:
It's hard to quantify especially for somone who looks at things through such a small lense, but the fact that Iowa made it in 21, likely helped them in 22 get within a game of it and in 23 winning it handidly. Being in the game helps a lot. More eyeballs on our program. More people talking about Iowa. It helps with fan interests, it helps with brand and keeps things kind of churning the right direction for the program. Probably is a huge help in recruiting, being able to fall back on the success this program has had. Having it to sell helps more than it hurts and it's a week where the spotlight gets put on our program. Another week of Iowa football while everyone else sits it out? NOT BAD. Would a blow out hurt? It could I guess, but like, not as bad NOT making it to that game. That hurts way way way worse. Keeping Nebraska down and playing in December = good for Iowa football.

Ohio and Michigan would make way more sense, but that's not what it is now is it OK4P? I also didn't say that it was better for the B1G, I said it was good for Iowa cause it is. It's as important as anything to Iowa. It's the ultimate goal. Win your division. Moving forward, we can worry about that, but live in the now my guy!

Hard to quantify? No, xir, it's impossible to quantify because this hypothetical upside simply doesn't exist. Now if you have a video of a contributor on the team saying "man, I'll tell you what, I was unsure where I was going to commit but when I saw Iowa lose to Michigan 42-3 in the title game that sealed it that I wanted to go to Iowa" then I will take your point, otherwise this does nothing for the program.

Granted, we could go out and win this game. That would buy us something. But there's a fraction of a percent of a chance of that happening and an over 50% chance that we get utterly embarrassed.

I don't want to sound flippant and I appreciate your perspective, but my problem with this game is that the gulf between Michigan/Ohio and the rest of the Big Ten save for PSU has gotten gigantic and I don't particularly care to see it on display with my boys as the victims. If it was 10 years ago, 15 years ago, where the gulf was far smaller I would be gung ho about this game even if we were dogs, but the chances of Wisconsin and Iowa being able to go toe to toe with the big dogs are over, at least for now. Hopefully Michigan botches their next hire when Harbaugh bounces. That plus the Pac 10 teams coming in really arrogant could really do wonders for Iowa provided we get just a touch better.

No, I said Hawkeye fans that are shitting on this 10 win season and winning the West should die in a car accident. You know why I say that? Because NONE are. Iowa fans are very proud of this team and what they have accomplished. Iowa won 10 games, something that's only happend 11 times in the history of our program. Iowa won the WEST, it's a shit division, but someone had to win it and there isn't an Iowa fan out there that didn't WANT to win the WEST. Iowa got rid of it's OC, another thing of great joy for Iowa fans. Iowa would be a dog in the CCG in ANY scenario at almost any time in it's history vs a UM, TOSU or PSU. This isn't unfamiliar territory, it's where we've lived for +40 years. Of course everyone wants a better offense, but I also want a couple million dollars too, the reality is, Iowa is very good at football and a lot of people can't handle that. If you can't enjoy it as a fan, you will never have joy from Iowa football, so why watch?

So, no I didn't say anything about people who don't agree with me, - you aren't an Iowa fan, so go eat some pavement and stop hanging out here.
I would love to see win 11 on Saturday!

Hard to quantify? No, xir, it's impossible to quantify because this hypothetical upside simply doesn't exist. Now if you have a video of a contributor on the team saying "man, I'll tell you what, I was unsure where I was going to commit but when I saw Iowa lose to Michigan 42-3 in the title game that sealed it that I wanted to go to Iowa" then I will take your point, otherwise this does nothing for the program.

Granted, we could go out and win this game. That would buy us something. But there's a fraction of a percent of a chance of that happening and an over 50% chance that we get utterly embarrassed.

I don't want to sound flippant and I appreciate your perspective, but my problem with this game is that the gulf between Michigan/Ohio and the rest of the Big Ten save for PSU has gotten gigantic and I don't particularly care to see it on display with my boys as the victims. If it was 10 years ago, 15 years ago, where the gulf was far smaller I would be gung ho about this game even if we were dogs, but the chances of Wisconsin and Iowa being able to go toe to toe with the big dogs are over, at least for now. Hopefully Michigan botches their next hire when Harbaugh bounces. That plus the Pac 10 teams coming in really arrogant could really do wonders for Iowa provided we get just a touch better.
Well, I think you contradict yourself pretty bad and we don't have to go far to see it. Iowa got their doors blown off by Michigan 2 years ago and Iowa picked up their starting QB and TE out of the portal literally a year later right? Those 2 were part of that that ass whopping put down on Iowa. I mean, how did we ever bounce back from making that championship game and the emberassment that followed? If anyone know's how shitty Iowa was it's 2 of Michigans best offensive players that contributed to a 42-3 beat down in the B1G CCG.

Watch the Cade interview I posted. He was contracted by A LOT of schools and so was All.

Iowa made their list and I don't think that was driven by NIL. I don't think it was driven by an explosive offense that's fun to play in and build your offensive NFL stat sheet. They chose Iowa because they have a chance. Because they win and win a lot. Because of the culture Iowa has, because of their success at putting guys in the NFL.

Thankfully players aren't as shallow as the fanbase. They actually LIVE in that life and world I'll take their word for it over most.

Iowa, and frankly, most schools are going to be big underdogs when you face TOSU and UM in the championship game and it's been that way since the dawn of time and likely will be that way much after the both of us stop watching games.

Iowa fans not wanting to make this game are the absolute worse.

Well, I think you contradict yourself pretty bad and we don't have to go far to see it. Iowa got their doors blown off by Michigan 2 years ago and Iowa picked up their starting QB and TE out of the portal literally a year later right? Those 2 were part of that that ass whopping put down on Iowa. I mean, how did we ever bounce back from making that championship game and the emberassment that followed? If anyone know's how shitty Iowa was it's 2 of Michigans best offensive players that contributed to a 42-3 beat down in the B1G CCG.

Watch the Cade interview I posted. He was contracted by A LOT of schools and so was All.

Iowa made their list and I don't think that was driven by NIL. I don't think it was driven by an explosive offense that's fun to play in and build your offensive NFL stat sheet. They chose Iowa because they have a chance. Because they win and win a lot. Because of the culture Iowa has, because of their success at putting guys in the NFL.

Thankfully players aren't as shallow as the fanbase. They actually LIVE in that life and world I'll take their word for it over most.

Iowa, and frankly, most schools are going to be big underdogs when you face TOSU and UM in the championship game and it's been that way since the dawn of time and likely will be that way much after the both of us stop watching games.

Iowa fans not wanting to make this game are the absolute worse.

I asked for contributors, not guys who couldn't cut it at Michigan and went to a program with less competition and then couldn't even finish out a season. Cade was so immobile when the season started it almost looked like Harbaugh directed him to go to Iowa to "help" his "old buddy" Kirk. Make no mistake, those guys aren't at Iowa due to an appearance in a game, they are at Iowa because Michigan is overflowing with an embarrassment of talent riches. If those guys hadn't gotten hurt and were penciled as Day One starters in the Maize and Blue there isn't a chance in hell they'd be at Iowa. Look, that's Iowa's recruiting pitch for guys on offense at this point. It has to be. "Don't worry that you weren't good enough to start at Michigan or Ohio, we will get you guaranteed reps." You have that luxury when you have the second worst, and now worst offense in the country.

I had optimism going into that 2021 game. I thought it was time for the West to win it. The dataset bince that game is stark. I don't want a piece of it.

I asked for contributors, not guys who couldn't cut it at Michigan and went to a program with less competition and then couldn't even finish out a season. Cade was so immobile when the season started it almost looked like Harbaugh directed him to go to Iowa to "help" his "old buddy" Kirk. Make no mistake, those guys aren't at Iowa due to an appearance in a game, they are at Iowa because Michigan is overflowing with an embarrassment of talent riches. If those guys hadn't gotten hurt and were penciled as Day One starters in the Maize and Blue there isn't a chance in hell they'd be at Iowa. Look, that's Iowa's recruiting pitch for guys on offense at this point. It has to be. "Don't worry that you weren't good enough to start at Michigan or Ohio, we will get you guaranteed reps." You have that luxury when you have the second worst, and now worst offense in the country.

I had optimism going into that 2021 game. I thought it was time for the West to win it. The dataset bince that game is stark. I don't want a piece of it.
You're such a moving target OKP, but you have my respect and it's why we converse. Are you saying All wouldn't be considered an NFL talent? Honestly, I don't know how Iowa will ever recover from this 10-2 season ranked a good portion of the year and the (maybe) mauling they are about to face but I am guessing it will be met with several more difficult seasons full of wins and program bench marks that you don't want any piece of. It's really bad here at Iowa and I feel for you fans that don't want any embarrassing moments. Not on your watch!

I had a thought this morning: I think Michigan could run the ball every play of the game, and win Saturday night. 70 plays x 5 yds/carry = 350 yds and probably 28-35 pts. Iowa's DLine is undersized, and they ran the ball on one drive vs OSU nearly every play for a TD. Penn State had that run-heavy plan vs Iowa this year and won 31-0. Of course the Fighting Harbaughs won't do that on Sat, unfortunately, and the score will more likely be along the lines of the championship game with them back in 2021: Michigan 42-3, in a game where the Wolverines outgained the Hawks 461-211. Iowa actually had 15 First Downs, which is likely more than we'll have Sat night. That 2021 game was unusual for a college game, because there were zero turnovers.
Undersized? Mr. Black would like a word.

You're such a moving target OKP, but you have my respect and it's why we converse. Are you saying All wouldn't be considered an NFL talent? Honestly, I don't know how Iowa will ever recover from this 10-2 season ranked a good portion of the year and the (maybe) mauling they are about to face but I am guessing it will be met with several more difficult seasons full of wins and program bench marks that you don't want any piece of. It's really bad here at Iowa and I feel for you fans that don't want any embarrassing moments. Not on your watch!

Of course All is an NFL talent, but he's here because Michigan is stacked and his boy got demoted to clipboard duties. Jalen Hurts is an NFL talent. He ended up at Oklahoma because he got beat out at Alabama. Joe Burrow got beat out at Ohio and went to Louisiana. There's only one ball, NFL talent moves around for a chance to get the ball. Those moves are independent of whether a team went to a virtually meaningless conference title game.

This is not like when Steve Alford was the winningest coach in Big Ten Tournament history and the winner of the BTT got an auto berth into the tournament. That conference post-season really meant something, which is why we all need to be thankful for what Coach Alford did during his tenure in Iowa City. This one doesn't, all it can do is move Iowa up a bowl slot and move Michigan out of the playoff. Winning the game doesn't give Iowa a shot at the natty. If it did because this was an AQ game to get into the playoffs I would shit myself with enthusiasm no matter the odds, but this ain't that. Even if we win this game, sure we could hang a banner but Michigan, Ohio and PSU are the best teams in the conference. It's just hard for me to get overly excited about some made for TV shit that crowns a conference champion off of one game rather than a season. Hell, TCU lost their game last year and still made the playoff. The system as it exists now is just a total farce.

not really many people hang here anymore tbh.

Lol okay, I'm not an Iowa fan...

I've eaten dinner at Tom Davis's house... I went on a recruiting trip with Lute Olsen.

I've been to hundreds of Hawkeyes games in my life.

Because I don't think like you then I'm not a fan.

The thing is you want to act like I'm a bad person.

But look at what you are actually saying.

Seriously get a grip - no reason to be so sensitive to someone else's opinion about something that is really not even that important.

I've eaten dinner at Tom Davis's house... I went on a recruiting trip with Lute Olsen.

Seriously get a grip - no reason to be so sensitive to someone else's opinion about something that is really not even that important.

Good post. I don't object to having a title game, but the current setup of the Big Ten has left us with an absolute farce of a title game. The divisions are totally imbalanced, this is made for TV shit to try to make money, even if Iowa wins the game through some fluke no one can say with a straight face that this team was the best team in the Big Ten, and in all likelihood it will be just like the last several times we have played an imbalanced game where our offense will have 8 straight three and outs and the poor guys running around on defense will end up getting poster-ized on some highlight shit that will be pasted all over the place come draft time. The West has never won this game and it's just a total effin' joke of a game. I don't want to be in it because I have a pretty good guess of what will happen, particularly without DeJean playing, and I don't care to watch our guys get embarrassed in a game that we have no business being in as the undisputed fourth best team in the conference.

Of course All is an NFL talent, but he's here because Michigan is stacked and his boy got demoted to clipboard duties. Jalen Hurts is an NFL talent. He ended up at Oklahoma because he got beat out at Alabama. Joe Burrow got beat out at Ohio and went to Louisiana. There's only one ball, NFL talent moves around for a chance to get the ball. Those moves are independent of whether a team went to a virtually meaningless conference title game.

This is not like when Steve Alford was the winningest coach in Big Ten Tournament history and the winner of the BTT got an auto berth into the tournament. That conference post-season really meant something, which is why we all need to be thankful for what Coach Alford did during his tenure in Iowa City. This one doesn't, all it can do is move Iowa up a bowl slot and move Michigan out of the playoff. Winning the game doesn't give Iowa a shot at the natty. If it did because this was an AQ game to get into the playoffs I would shit myself with enthusiasm no matter the odds, but this ain't that. Even if we win this game, sure we could hang a banner but Michigan, Ohio and PSU are the best teams in the conference. It's just hard for me to get overly excited about some made for TV shit that crowns a conference champion off of one game rather than a season. Hell, TCU lost their game last year and still made the playoff. The system as it exists now is just a total farce.
Damn, nothing but the truth here. There is another point you could have hit on here also. The fact that we are 10-2 and have the worst offense in the sport. This lends credence to the fact that winning a lot of games doesn’t mean you’re one of the most successful programs in the sport. It could mean nothing more than your the best of the worst.

Tack on another ten wins in Kirks total win column but never mind how pathetic the teams are that we beat to get those ten wins. That’s like never mind

some ivy school’s records is all that counts because they beat most Ivy league teams they played.

God I hope we upset Michigan, that’s when the rubber meets the road. Sure GOOD is right that it’s better to be the West champ over being in the middle of the West mess at 6-6 or 5-7. I know some are afraid that is where we are going after Kirk retires, but some thought that when Hayden retired and we let Stoops slip away.

So it’s not just about winning it also who you beat and how good or bad they are. Hell this week usually would be hype week on the Big Ten Channel but the sportscasters are tripping over themselves trying to find a way to hype up this game. It’s pathetic. What are they talking about? The Michigan and Ohio State game.

Would love to put an exclamation point on this season by upsetting Michigan,, THEN we are talking. Lose in an embarrassing game to Michigan and then lose again in the bowl game and what’s that mean? That’s Ivy League material. Yep, 10-4 and that looks good, but we all know how we got there. We need to win the BIG game and put that on our resume. Those type of wins are few and severely lacking.

I will use another school to make the point. BYU won a National title one year and the only descent team they beat that year was (at the time) a highly ranked Miami team in mid season. They barely beat a couple of very weak teams. Then it took a trick play in their final game of the year to beat a Michigan team. This wasn’t a big ten champ Michigan team this was a watered down Michigan team that finished third or fourth place in the Big Ten that year. Contract obligations forced that match up, but they had all those wins to put in the record books. That natty was a joke.

Last edited:

No, In the last 9 seasons Iowa is 81-32. Four 10 win seasons. 3 division titles. 1 Rose Bowl. 9 bowl games. 4-3 in those bowl games. Low win mark was 8. Pretty good run, if you can’t appreciate it, you’re flat out wrong. Seriously. Get bent. Of course I don’t want you to die in an accident, but I’m basically coming at you with a ridiculous take to rival yours. It’s equally as bad. I’m sure you’re a fine dude, just a shitty Hawkeye fan.

No, In the last 9 seasons Iowa is 81-32. Four 10 win seasons. 3 division titles. 1 Rose Bowl. 9 bowl games. 4-3 in those bowl games. Low win mark was 8. Pretty good run, if you can’t appreciate it, you’re flat out wrong. Seriously. Get bent. Of course I don’t want you to die in an accident, but I’m basically coming at you with a ridiculous take to rival yours. It’s equally as bad. I’m sure you’re a fine dude, just a shitty Hawkeye fan.
Why do you care so much what i think my man - get bent? im shitty?

Seriously why so emo about this?

I'm a little worried about your mental state.

Why do you care so much what i think my man - get bent? im shitty?

Seriously why so emo about this?

I'm a little worried about your mental state.
I don’t give a shit what you think, you’re the one on another team’s message board