Dump the Des Moines Register!!!

Tim,

This mentality really puts me in a bad mood when I read shit like this. It's all about making people's life a living hell it seems. How fair is it when you have every little detail benefiting people b/c they may get their feelings hurt a little. You can't hardly discipline anyone anymore. Everyone has their phone set on stun once an injustice may or may not arise. I had my neighbor one time, drunker than 10 indians (probably can't say that), come over to visit with me and my wife, asking for a smoke and started in on some of the dumbest crap. Her husband, yes, it was his wife that was obnoxiously drunk on my porch, come over and grab her trying to get her away from my porch, then neighbors started to come out, phones locked and loaded, especially when the cops came over. I mean seriously, leave everyone alone and go about your business. Nope, not in today's world. Aren't you afraid of the kind of world we may encounter down t he road? The kids? Are they equipped to handle life as we know it?

I would have left the part out about the 10 Indians but otherwise, I agree.

Good grief...my internal 'negativity tilt-meter' is about pegged.
Saturday is game day @ Kinnick!
Can;t wait for some FOOTBALL!

GO HAWKS!

Please tell us you didn’t take the high ground and told them to stick those sticks a little further up their asses, and that maybe their child wouldn’t be a little POS if his parents weren’t such terrible people.

I was in shock when they said that so much so that I couldn't say anything. I even had other parents who heard about the incident from their kid asking if my son was OK. But those two? Ugh.

No one will believe this, but I'm actually glad I can't afford AAU for my kid.

The amount of money I see parent's blow trying to relive and compensate for their own failed childhoods by running their kids through the AAU and USSSA ringers is mind-blowing.

For you AAU/USSSA parents out there, your kid is not as good as you think he/she is, and becoming part of that culture makes you a worse person.

I know you don't want to hear that let alone accept it and I'm sure most of you are really good people, but it's unequivocally true for all amateur youth sports groupies (i.e. parents). If you're offended I'm sorry, but I won't retract it. You're driving your kid to some degree for your own fulfillment (some more, some less) and even if it's unconscious that part of it is still there. Think about that the next time you get your son or daughter out of bed at 3AM to drive to the airport or get in your Suburban to go yell at children because they missed a ball or shot that you yourself couldn't make given ten chances. Think about it when your player complains about losing every weekend and you swipe your card at the Comfort Inn for $475. I've seen it from the team side and the parent side for years and I have more than enough time in it to make that conclusion.

Are you doing this because your child needs it somehow, or because some part of you wants to try and live through your kid and keep up with the Jonses down the street? Be brutally honest with yourself (no one is watching), and I bet if you really are honest the answer might upset you.

You're right, nobody believes it. You could have stopped there.

That wasn't my point at all. My point was that everyone in this forums (as well as public figures and politicians) said and did really stupid things when they were kids but there's no evidence of it because social media and cell phone cameras didn't exist. I don't care about your political views.

Social media and cell phone cameras aren't the issue, either. The issue: a 16-year old kid did what 16-year old kids do. The Rag went all SJW, then it turns out their own "digger" was much more "un-woke" than they would have liked.

LOL...Wait are you serious? I'm not too political, but would you like me to rattle off the investigations the Republicans ran against the Clintons over the years? It's mind boggling. Benghazi, Whitewater, Email servers, Clinton meeting the AG on a plane...it was one long slog of investigations over the years. They impeached him for lying under oath about having sex with an intern...nothing to do with corruption. Bill Clinton was the first married man to lie about having an affair. Don't get me wrong...Clinton was a scumbag of the highest order. But to compare lying about playing with cigars with an intern...to Trump's obstruction of justice and working to get a foreign country to investigate a political rival is comical.

The only difference is that nothing was ever found that could be prosecuted with the Clintons (other than the Lewinski thing)...much different that the current administration where they are getting a deal on orange jumpsuits due to the quantity purchase.

It's so funny...Trump can lie through his teeth, change his story day to day, say he didn't say something that is on film, and the ducks stay in line. It's amazing.

Hey, Left-y McWoke, we're talking about the media, not the political parties. "Wake" up, old sport.

I'm not a moderator.

You've been here long enough to know that politics is verboten.

Arguing whether my or anyone else's dick should swing to the left, middle, or right is less civilized than shitting in the street. No one here cares even a little bit about what criminal in charge you, I, or anybody else here supports. This is a board where hopefully people can get away from garbage like that.

You wanna argue with literally millions of other @hawkeyebob62 's?

Here you go. Knock yourself out and take him with you.

You can debate which one lies the least with all the other un-evolved knuckleheads.

My God, you have a high opinion of yourself. I forgot how woke and cool you are. I regret that I have but two knees to genuflect in your direction.

Explains why my retirement stock accounts and money market accounts have been rocking it the past few years. Met with my financial adviser yesterday and he commented how my TIAA Cref account has been kicking ass the past few years.

I'll be voting for that psycho Trump again. Making trading fair for America again.
There's only one way to respond to this post....
YOU'RE A RACIST!!!

There's only one way to respond to this post....
YOU'RE A RACIST!!!
why? b/c some of us voted for the guy? My stocks are doing well also, but I'm not saying jack about any ethnicity, or female, handicapped person, etc.....I know better than that. What i disagree with is how he may act. That's him, not me. Come on PC. Are you a better than what you just typed?

F off, Frybaby
Social media and cell phone cameras aren't the issue, either. The issue: a 16-year old kid did what 16-year old kids do. The Rag went all SJW, then it turns out their own "digger" was much more "un-woke" than they would have liked.
Hey, Left-y McWoke, we're talking about the media, not the political parties. "Wake" up, old sport.
Holy crap, this string gave me a good laugh. You should troll more you old F. When “Left-y McWoke” shows up in a couple weeks you’ll know that’s my alt.

I find it interesting people feel the reporter should have hidden anything negative he found in his research, and only done a puff piece. Yet, had he done that, and then the info came out anyway, the reporter would have been accused of "controlling the narrative or telling us what we should think". I was always taught to lay the facts out and trust the reader to come to their own conclusion. That's called responsible journalism.

I hope most people would have read the article, weighed what was said by a 16 year old kid versus the good the same person as an adult has done, and realized just how mature Carson King has become.

I know I did a lot of dumb things as a teenager ... and I mean a lot ... but I have also spent the last 40 years making up for what I did by living a better version of myself. And even now, I still do dumb things every now and then. (One of which may be giving my opinion on this)

But I think Carson King could teach many of us the proper way to handle a mistake. And how to approach life.

why? b/c some of us voted for the guy? My stocks are doing well also, but I'm not saying jack about any ethnicity, or female, handicapped person, etc.....I know better than that. What i disagree with is how he may act. That's him, not me. Come on PC. Are you a better than what you just typed?

No read my post again in a sarcastic voice.

I find it interesting people feel the reporter should have hidden anything negative he found in his research, and only done a puff piece. Yet, had he done that, and then the info came out anyway, the reporter would have been accused of "controlling the narrative or telling us what we should think". I was always taught to lay the facts out and trust the reader to come to their own conclusion. That's called responsible journalism.

I hope most people would have read the article, weighed what was said by a 16 year old kid versus the good the same person as an adult has done, and realized just how mature Carson King has become.

I know I did a lot of dumb things as a teenager ... and I mean a lot ... but I have also spent the last 40 years making up for what I did by living a better version of myself. And even now, I still do dumb things every now and then. (One of which may be giving my opinion on this)

But I think Carson King could teach many of us the proper way to handle a mistake. And how to approach life.

The problem is how hard he had to try to find something negative. If they did a puff piece on a kid you helped turn a sign into 1.5 mi for kids with cancer, I'm sure most people would be ok with that. If his tweets from 8 years ago came out later, most wouldn't even think "how did the register not uncover this??l".

Most people have done stupid shit in their past, but very few have done something so dumb as to think a joke about race they heard on tv was funny. That's just unforgivable.

Please also read that last paragraph in a sarcastic tone of voice. The fact that people are referring to what he did as a mistake is mind blowing to me.

Most people have done stupid shit in their past, but very few have done something so dumb as to think a joke about race they heard on tv was funny. That's just unforgivable.

Please also read that last paragraph in a sarcastic tone of voice. The fact that people are referring to what he did as a mistake is mind blowing to me.

I did read that with a sarcastic voice. LOL

But if Carson King admits he made a mistake, it's kind of hard to not take him at his word. It's ok to say someone made a mistake. We all make them as none of us are perfect. Although we all know people who think they are. LOL

Have a good day, and Go Hawks!

OR he didn’t need to ever poke into a 16 year old’s FB. Talk about creepy. If he committed a crime as a 16 year old he couldn’t even report on it. Anything posted after the age of 18 is fair game or in college, but as what, a 15-16 year old? I pissed my pants once in 3 rd grade because the nun wouldn’t call on me when we used to have to raise our hands to use the restroom. Thank God no one put that on facebook. Can we all admit to doing stupid thinks as kids that we wished we hadn’t. I loved Monty Python as a kid and still do today ( RIP Mr. Cleese) half of what they did then would not be PC today. If I had FB back in the day I would be binge cringing at what I found funny then. The reporter, editor, publisher can’t hide behind journalistic integrity on this. This just borders on mean- spirited. A man who turns down $ to give to sick children and runs it to 1 million plus is the ultimate good, someone who for $ tears this person done is the other.

Damn, this story just made Tucker Carlson's show tonight on FOX News

I wonder how many advertisers will stop advertising in the DSM Register over this?

I'm not a Fox hater but Tucker's take on it was filled with hyperbole and it was over the top. I didn't like it.

Latest posts