Dump the Des Moines Register!!!

Reprehensible prick. He’ll probably love America now that he’ll be needing that unemployment check.

As far as Carson goes, who didn’t say stupid stuff when you’re 16 thinking you were being funny or cool or whatever. You grow up and you learn.

What really sucks is that if you find Tosh.0 funny, you're racist. 8 years ago, it wasn't a big deal to tweet something you thought was funny from a tv show. There is no way anyone could know that the world would turn to this back then, so I dont even think it's fair to say he did something wrong.

I’m giving the dude more money now just as a middle finger to the Register.

This is isn’t the first hit piece the DMR has run lately. It’s not journalism. Newspapers are hanging on by their fingernails these days and they’ll run with anything if they think it will get a click or sell a paper. The DMR is a shell of its former self. It should be put out of its misery before it inflicts more on others, albeit to an ever dwindling audience.

One purpose of education is to "Learn TO Think", not WHAT to Think. My appraisal is neither the Register reporter nor his editor ever learned "TO" think. The mentality at the Register has long been to tell readers what to think. After reading Carol Hunter's remarks she is a low thought moron. The Register editor asked the reporter to do a background check on King, including his social media. When learning of the tweet it was decided to put it at the end of the story. It is easy to deduce that the Register knew exactly what it was doing by including the tweet information.

The Register has always been a piece of shit, and so is this Calvin scumbag that no ones ever heard of, but let’s ask the real question here...

Its 2019; who the hell has an actual newspaper subscription for god’s sake? That shit died out with rotary phones and glass milk bottles.

Side note, it’s also why the Ragister has to turn to random flunkies like this Calvin kid and also why Liestikow has been standing outside with a “Will Tweet Ferentz Articles For Food” sign for the last couple weeks and asking people to throw nickels in his can. Because it’s 2019 and people aren’t willing to pay for that stuff anymore. Let that shitty former newspaper die like economics says it’s supposed to.

the "reasoning" to include tweets from years earlier about a kid who as a man has turned a dopey sign into a good thing is unreasonable.

PC has devolved into a cult.

In your opinion, how will the University of Iowa react? If I am not mistaken, he was going to be honored at the football game this Saturday. Others please jump in with your thoughts..

The best thing about not having social media isn’t not having to deal with Facebook drama, Instagram influencers, or twitter social justice mobs, it’s not having to worry that anyone will dig up some off color joke you’ve long-forgotten you ever made.

In your opinion, how will the University of Iowa react? If I am not mistaken, he was going to be honored at the football game this Saturday. Others please jump in with your thoughts..
No one, and I mean no one will touch this kid with a ten foot pole because the numero uno fear that any company or university has these days by a large margin is the Twitter mob.

The Twitter mob (both right and left) is by far and away more powerful than any other group, organization, or even government when it comes to ruining peoples’ lives and companies’ sales. It will rip your throat out before you even see it coming and serve it to you on a silver platter while you’re still falling to the ground.

Part of me finds this whole thing funny for a couple reasons. First of all I’ve always told people not to participate in SM because this is the pond scum that happens and it's a gigantic, unfortunate I told you so scenario. Carson King is probably a good dude, but I can’t think of a better example to use for your preteen kids to show them why social media is the dumbest fucking thing on the Internet and why they should stay away from it. I preach anti Facebook/Instagram to my son like an Orange City CR preaches hate, and so far it’s worked.

Second, this Calvin douche bag will never get a job beyond scrubbing a Hardee’s bathroom and I find it hilarious. When someone tries to “gotcha” someone else and it backfires twice as bad on themselves, it’s almost worth the original gotcha. The world has eliminated a douche bag reporter from being a voice and and that’s a good thing. The irony and humor is just a sweet ass bonus.

Twitter brings out the third grader in everyone, both in maturity and also stupidity as far as expectations of being invincible. I’ll just sit here on the sides lines and watch it all fall down and laugh.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

No one, and I mean no one will touch this kid with a ten foot pole because the numero uno fear that any company or university has these days by a large margin is the Twitter mob.

The Twitter mob (both right and left) is by far and away more powerful than any other group, organization, or even government when it comes to ruining peoples’ lives and companies’ sales. It will rip your throat out before you even see it coming and serve it to you on a silver platter while you’re still falling to the ground.

Part of me finds this whole thing funny for a couple reasons. First of all I’ve always told people not to participate in SM because this is the pond scum that happens and it's gigantic, unfortunate I told you so scenario. Carson King is probably a good dude, but I can’t think of a better example to use for your preteen kids to show them why social media is the dumbest fucking thing on the Internet and why they should stay away from it. I preach anti Facebook/Instagram to my son like an Orange City CR preaches hate, and so far it’s worked.

Second, this Calvin douche bag will never get a job beyond scrubbing a Hardee’s bathroom and I find it hilarious. When someone tries to “gotcha” someone else and it backfires twice as bad on themselves, it’s almost worth the original gotcha. The world has eliminated a douche bag reporter from being a voice and and that’s a good thing. The irony and humor is just a sweet ass bonus.

Twitter brings out the third grader in everyone, both in maturity and also stupidity as far as expectations of being invincible. I’ll just sit here on the sides lines and watch it all fall down and laugh.

I thought my wife and I were the only ones left on the planet, not on any social media..Unless you count the 3 months of the year I spend on Hawkeye Nation.

Part of me finds this whole thing funny for a couple reasons. First of all I’ve always told people not to participate in SM because this is the pond scum that happens and it's gigantic, unfortunate I told you so scenario. Carson King is probably a good dude, but I can’t think of a better example to use for your preteen kids to show them why social media is the dumbest fucking thing on the Internet and why they should stay away from it. I preach anti Facebook/Instagram to my son like an Orange City CR preaches hate, and so far it’s worked.

Guy who has a kid in my kid's Sunday school class teaches AP something or other down here. He said the school runs a social media scrub day in the last week of school for the seniors where they recommend kids either delete accounts and start fresh while they can still go around and get all their friends signed up or they purge everything on an account and give kids school time to do it. Seems like every school should do that for every grade at the end of every school year.

Latest posts