Dump the Des Moines Register!!!

EstronHawkKing

The reporter is Aaron Calvin. Kind of sad that the story is listed under the heading "ISU Football". While I'm certain that Iowa State believes they should have won the game, ALL players and fans applaud what Carson King has done for the children at the Stead Family Children's Hospital.

I stopped getting the DM Register when they discontinued the Big Peach section. And with articles like this, where they smear something so good for so many who have suffered so much, well.... I can't justify a single dime.

I can't imagine how long you have to look to get back to 8 years ago. I wonder if he planned to go all the way back to his first ever post to find something. It's so crazy that this reporter made the concious decision to try to find dirt on this kid. Even crazier is the extent he went to finally find something.

The reporter is Aaron Calvin.
Let me be the first to say, in my opinion, Aaron Calvin is a gaping asshole. Mr. Calvin, if a guy raises a million god damned dollars for charity, you just let it ride. Obviously give him a heads up, but you don't bring that shit up in the article. It has absolutely no newsworthy value and will have serious repercussions to that man attempting to gain a career in law enforcement.

This sort of thing is usually done as "oppo research", where political party A searches for dirt on person in political party B.

A Register reporter saw a random college kid raising a million dollars for a children's hospital and said, "LET'S GET HIM!"

Huh, I wonder why so many people think journalists are enemies...

The Register stopped being relevant decades ago when they lost almost every single value that the majority of Iowans hold dear. It's now nothing more than an ultra-lib Wash Post-wannabe.
"The Locust Street Liar" will hopefully soon end up in the dustbin of history.

(yes, I know they moved from their downtown Locust St offices to their current location many years ago - But the name still fits them like a frickin' glove)

If you are on twitter and follow the conversation I took a screen shot of above, other people are digging up more controversial shit. Needless to say, it’s not a good look.

This has been one of the more entertaining nights on Twitter I can remember in awhile.

One thing I'm certain of, this kid is gonna get a bigger standing ovation than Hayden does this Saturday.

Reprehensible prick. He’ll probably love America now that he’ll be needing that unemployment check.

As far as Carson goes, who didn’t say stupid stuff when you’re 16 thinking you were being funny or cool or whatever. You grow up and you learn.

Latest posts