Duke won’t play in NCAA Tournament

Maybe if all the schools say they wont play except Iowa, then the title will be forfeited to us!

Let the institutional virtue signaling begin. Oh yeah, Duke?? Well our institution is eliminating all sports completely. So top that!

just..... starting.
The Dow is already down about 30%. If it's just starting, the panic will be WAY worse than the virus. And I agree, it's just starting. I'm not saying I'm rooting for this thing to spread fast. But I'm not really rooting against it either.

I bet them Duke folks are just dummies who are scared of the media hype.
At this point, the vast majority of people are dummies. If this virus is as deadly as some people are trying to make it out to be, we're just delaying the inevitable. Of course, the vast majority of people are going to be just fine and life will go on until the next panic.

At this point, the vast majority of people are dummies. If this virus is as deadly as some people are trying to make it out to be, we're just delaying the inevitable. Of course, the vast majority of people are going to be just fine and life will go on until the next panic.
But delaying the inevitable is really important towards lowering the ultimate effect. We have smart people in this country. Delaying big crowds and stopping the spread is going to be smart. That's just my opinion. I am fine if those don't agree. The market will bounce back my dad won't. My nephew who has cystic fibrosis who is now only 3 now but should be able to live well into his 20's won't. They probably all get it, it's worse if everyone gets it at once. It's worse if it happens at once. If they don't get it for a few months, maybe there is better treatment. Delaying the inevitable is wicked smart.

You do understand that there are only approximately about 100k ICU beds in the US which are usually at about 65% capacity. This isn't about who will and who won't get it. It's about not over loading the healthcare system so that it can be handled properly. We as a society HAVE to keep the curve low so those who need care will receive it.

where did you get this from? I looked around on the net, but nothing

It's obvious at this point. The NCAA tournament isn't happening.

If you could let me know when it has bottomed out, that'd be great. I missed it in 2008 by about 1000 points and made bank. I hope this is the bottom, but doubt it.
I'll probably wait until it hits 15,000. Of course by then, I'll have used up all my savings so ill have no cash left to invest.

But delaying the inevitable is really important towards lowering the ultimate effect. We have smart people in this country. Delaying big crowds and stopping the spread is going to be smart. That's just my opinion. I am fine if those don't agree. The market will bounce back my dad won't. My nephew who has cystic fibrosis who is now only 3 now but should be able to live well into his 20's won't. They probably all get it, it's worse if everyone gets it at once. It's worse if it happens at once. If they don't get it for a few months, maybe there is better treatment. Delaying the inevitable is wicked smart.

The best chance to save people like that is to spread it as fast as possible so they can isolate themselves for an amount of time that's actually possible. Let everyone that is young and healthy get it really quick and get over it, then they can come back out into the world after its safe. If we try to prolong it for a year, they wont be able to isolate themselves for that long and it will increase their chances of getting it. We need to treat this like the chicken pox and purposely expose everyone early.

I'm only half joking.

If they cancel the NCAA's, will they grant the players another year of eligibility? They're getting totally screwed.

Fran may lose out on $80,000+ in bonuses if they cancel the NCAA tournament. You thought you've seen him rage before...

Latest posts