DUKE - sociology experiment

And now we have morphed from childish jealousy to pathetic name-calling. Calling them ugly? Really? What's next, are you going to claim that your dad can beat up the Plumlee's dad? They momma so fat?

Haters-Gonna-Hate-Slaters-Gonna-Slate.jpg

You CANNOT deny Duke having a couple of the ugliest bball players in America.

I actually liked Redick. Cocky, but I don't mind that in a guy if he backs it up (and Redick almost always did). And easily the best shooter I've ever gotten to watch play in college. I also liked Paulus. After that, I just don't care for the white players. They do seem to fit that d-bag description, at least on the floor.

But the guys like Williams, Battier, etc. are some of my favorite college players of all time. I REALLY like Nolan Smith. Kid is a gamer.

Paulus is everything I hate about Duke. Suburb kid, cocky, overrated, king of the faux hustle. O, and it certainly doesn't help that Dickie V slobs on their collective knob every game.

You CANNOT deny Duke having a couple of the ugliest bball players in America.

Iowa's team isn't exactly a GQ cover spread either. But that's besides the point. If your arguments is "I don't like Duke because of the way the players look", you have lost the argument. It's sad and pathetic and makes you look petty and foolish.

I'm predicting OSU gets the overall number 1 seed, and Duke gets a number 1 seed as well. The difference is Duke will be seeded in an easier region and close to home. This happened last year.

Duke is on my top 5 list of sports teams I hate. It started when they had Christian Laetner. Duke primarily gets "pretty boy" white boys. Nothing worse than a pretty boy white boy. Singler is an example. Did you see where he should have gotten a "T" today but didn't. Coach K works his magic with the refs and the selection committee. It's pathetic.

Iowa's team isn't exactly a GQ cover spread either. But that's besides the point. If your arguments is "I don't like Duke because of the way the players look", you have lost the argument. It's sad and pathetic and makes you look petty and foolish.

You're the grown man that pretends to be a girl.

I cant stand how ugly they are. Ryan Kelly's mug is unbearable, Singler looks like someone's mom from a distant planet, the Plumlee's are just annoying as *hit, Curry looks like a little animal that is living in big brother's shadow. Not to mention I got moles on my back that are bigger than Nolan Smith's ears.

Do you always check out guys?

Jason Williams!
Former Duke PG and whiney, crybaby ego maniac extraordinaire.
Shane Battie was king of the flop.

That said, I dont hate Duke. Nor do I hate white basketball players.
Jimmer Fredette is a lot of fun to watch. As was Larry Bird, John Stockton and several others.

Hansborough was also the king of the flop.

Something I dont get is that everyone HATES duke but loves carolina. Carolina has alot of white guys being really good, dickie 'slobs on their knobs' just as much as duke and they have a better tradition than duke.

I find it funny dude just now realizing that Duke has had exactly one black player under K, and that was Bobby Hurley. Sure, some thought Cherokee Parks was black, but that's not been proven.

You're the grown man that pretends to be a girl.

That suggests that he/she has some issues of some sort. But it has nothing to do with being pathetic and petty. And stooping to name-calling IS pathetic and petty. "I hate Duke because they've got some ugly white dudes!" Now say that out loud to a stranger tomorrow, and see what kind of look you get from them. :D

I find it funny dude just now realizing that Duke has had exactly one black player under K, and that was Bobby Hurley. Sure, some thought Cherokee Parks was black, but that's not been proven.
I hope you're being sarcastic here....:confused:

I do in fact hate Duke. I don't think it's because of all their white guys. I think it is more because I have always kind of liked Carolina, but I cannot stand Roy.
However the more I think about it, I do hate the two Big 10 teams that play predominately white guys, Northwestern and Wisconsin. They are my two most hated Big 10 teams. Maybe this thread is teaching me something??

I would wager it has something to do with the fact Duke gets kids from wealthy families who are accustomed to being the "rich country club kid". Duke smacks of elitism, so not too hard to figure out why many of their players act like they do. I remember some of Lute's teams at Arizona had this weird mixture of thugs with arrogant surfer dudes from CA. Don't remember the year, but they beat the crap out of us and that Jud Buechler dude and some other gumby were laughing it up on the bench etc. That was the only time my disdain for Laettner went on the back burner.

Love or hate Duke, Coach K doesn't put up with nonsense and you don't see his guys all tatted up and getting into off court trouble. They are fortunate enough to get 3.5+ GPA kids out of high school that are also tremendous ball players. I can't remember hearing about a Duke player being ruled academically inelgible, getting into trouble, etc.

Latest posts