DSJ/Moore

Ah here we go with Wild Turkeys personal insults and wrestling genius. Don't make fun of West High or he will jump all over you. I didn't like Reilands wrestling and I don't like the style he churns out. It's my personal opinion. Moore is not really coming along. Carew has attitude issues not knees. Nate Moore hasn't ever been able to do anything. StJ is good and hopefully will turn it around - he's hurt but has looked terrible lately against bad competition. Gambrall has been awful this year undersized or not. I can't stand how West kids allow people to their legs all the time - you see it continually out of their guys. Notice how we didn't got after any of their "studs" this year? Let ISU have them. I want guys who attack and stalk - Linn Mar has a much better style IMO.

You're not making fun of west high; you are personally insulting quite a few members of Iowa's current team. That is an insult to question someone's mental toughness; especially when you do not know the injury status, etc. Maybe Carew does have attitude issues but he definitely has had knee issues...how can you say he doesn't? Didn't he have two ACL surgeries? I have no affiliation to west high but you are definitely blanketing them all with your comments. These guys are all productive division I wrestlers...maybe they are not all All Americans and that is what YOU expect them to be, but I don't think Brands and most people are holding them to that standard. They are good wrestlers working to get better....it's really pathetic to question their mental toughness from the bleachers.

You need to check your posters. That wasn't me questioning their mental toughness - it was someone else. I just don't like their style and don't like the style that comes from that school. I was talking about getting to the legs and not wrestling well not about mental toughness

You need to check your posters. That wasn't me questioning their mental toughness - it was someone else. I just don't like their style and don't like the style that comes from that school. I was talking about getting to the legs and not wrestling well not about mental toughness
Let me guess IC Alumnai, you didnt go to West High did you? Haters gonna hate..

Why dont you mention some of the good things West produces? Hard work,dedication, integrity.

By way i personally insulted nobody. Im just calling out the fools talking crap about a stellar 20 year old kid named Derek St John who is battling a serious injury. Obviously

This thread was dead.. but now i am bringing it back to life!
Congrats to DSJ on being a big ten champ! I guess he kept it together between the ears.

crap talkers eat crow here:

This thread was dead.. but now i am bringing it back to life!
Congrats to DSJ on being a big ten champ! I guess he kept it together between the ears.

crap talkers eat crow here:

Amazing how many on this thread were stating that DSJ was weak minded and not mentally tough.
(they need to read Coach Brands comments in the CR Gazette today)

Congrats to DSJ and best of luck at Nationals!

He is weak minded. Some guys are tougher than others, picture Morningstar wrestling on one leg at NCAAs. St. John in that same situation would quit like he did at Midlands. And Brands definitely recognizes that dsj is weak minded.

This is a solid quote right here. You sure know your stuff.

CRwrestling was telling us what Brands thinks and recognizes. Wrong! Talk about blowing smoke up everyones ***!
CR you can eat your crow anytime now.

I'm glad that I stand corrected. I've already said that.

we all knew how talented he is, but i definitely doubted his toughness before last weekend.

CRwrestling was telling us what Brands thinks and recognizes. Wrong! Talk about blowing smoke up everyones ***!CR you can eat your crow anytime now.

I wasn't telling anyone what brands thought! I simply watched midlands last year, read brands quotes after last years midlands and had real doubts about how effective he'd be wrestling through injury.

CRwrestling was telling us what Brands thinks and recognizes. Wrong! Talk about blowing smoke up everyones ***!CR you can eat your crow anytime now.
I wasn't telling anyone what brands thought! I simply watched midlands last year, read brands quotes after last years midlands and had real doubts about how effective he'd be wrestling through injury.
You should have quit when you admited you were wrong. dont make up lies and excuses now.
"Brands recognizes that (DSJ) is weak minded."

You brought up something that happened 2 Midland tournys ago. What happend after that? DSJ got 2nd at Bigtens to who? David Taylor. Then what did he do at Nationals? He was a freshman AA losing to who? Taylor and Fittery, 2 of the best wrestlers in D1. 4th place AA

And after that you questioned his toughness? You easily forgot just how well Derek did as a freshman after the Midlands. Im glad u ate your crow, now dont try to cover your tracks. We all can read here.

If DSJ underperforms at Nationals,which can happen to anybody with a bum knee, I dont want to see you on here talking **** about Derek's "mental toughness".

Ok im done ranting, carry on people...

did I have doubts, yes. was there reason to, yes. did my doubts come to fruition, no. and I am really happy I was wrong.

you need to relax. if peoples opinions are going to get you that worked up then message boards are probably something you should avoid.

did I have doubts, yes. was there reason to, yes. did my doubts come to fruition, no. and I am really happy I was wrong.you need to relax. if peoples opinions are going to get you that worked up then message boards are probably something you should avoid.
Hey man you just said it yourself. What i have typed today in this thread is only my opinion of what you wrote about DSJ. I really am calm. Dont turn this around on me.

Anybody that has read this thread knows who was in the wrong here. Obviously DSJ is more mentally tough than you. But yeah, well, ya know, this is, just, like, my opinion, man...

come on guys we r all on the same team here its impossible for someone to be right all the time lets let it go

Latest posts