Drinks should be allowed in kinnick

They are cracking down on tailgating I don't think they are gonna reverse their thinking and allow alcohol in the stadiums

If you don't like the alcohol policy, blame it on the irresponible fans that can't hold their drink.
Tough to have a fun family atmosphere with drunkin rowdies causing trouble. Punks trying to start fights in the restrooms, harrassing visiting teams, opposing fans, yelling at refs, fights, throwing up etc. People don't want to spend $200+ to go to a stadium and put up with a negative atmosphe.

It's going to be hard to move up from number 4 party school with the alcohol limitations the University places on people. Not sure what schools 1, 2 and 3 have to contend with... but I bet we'd be number 1 with a more party friendly admin.

They are cracking down on tailgating I don't think they are gonna reverse their thinking and allow alcohol in the stadiums

No crap. They aren't going to do anything to promote more drinking.

I'm guessing the OP is of the younger generation. If one can't tailgate & get enough drinks in 4-6 hrs before a game then go 3 hrs without, there's an issue. You will appreciate no alcohol in Kinnick when you get older.

Although, it would create some nice revenue. That always plays a part.:rolleyes:

If you don't like the alcohol policy, blame it on the irresponible fans that can't hold their drink.
Tough to have a fun family atmosphere with drunkin rowdies causing trouble. Punks trying to start fights in the restrooms, harrassing visiting teams, opposing fans, yelling at refs, fights, throwing up etc. People don't want to spend $200+ to go to a stadium and put up with a negative atmosphe.

You hit the nail on the head here. I took my 11 year old daughter to the Mich St game last year. Overall it was a great experience except for a drunken MSU fan yelling obscenities, etc.. Even his buddies were embarassed of him. Anyway, I don't want that atmosphere for my kids, nor quite frankly for myself.

There are plenty of opportunites to drink alcohol in life. Not doing so at Kinnick is not the end of the world. If you have to drink during an Iowa game, stay at home and watch it on TV - then puke in your own toilet.

You hit the nail on the head here. I took my 11 year old daughter to the Mich St game last year. Overall it was a great experience except for a drunken MSU fan yelling obscenities, etc.. Even his buddies were embarassed of him. Anyway, I don't want that atmosphere for my kids, nor quite frankly for myself.

There are plenty of opportunites to drink alcohol in life. Not doing so at Kinnick is not the end of the world. If you have to drink during an Iowa game, stay at home and watch it on TV - then puke in your own toilet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sig. ;)

There are plenty of opportunites to drink alcohol in life. Not doing so at Kinnick is not the end of the world. If you have to drink during an Iowa game, stay at home and watch it on TV - then puke in your own toilet.

Yeah, it's too bad when the people who can't handle their alcohol ruin the experience of game day for so many around them. I have season tickets and for three of the games the same two idiots sitting a couple of rows in front of me were drunk beyond belief.

I am all about drinking and I do plenty of it on game day. But the bottom line is if you can't handle your alcohol then don't drink. I get so tired of the idiots who get "liquid courage."

And I especially get embarrassed by the drunk fans who harass visiting team fans. Because they are on their "home turf" they think they can be obnoxious. Would be interesting to see how those same fans acted at an Ohio State or Michigan.

Sad that people can't manage to go a couple of hours without alcohol.

Thanks drunken idiots, for ruining things for everyone else.

It wasn't that long ago that you could leave Kinnick at halftime and then return.

People could get cranked up a second time or get that buzz going again.

Those days were pretty wild.

Im pro drinks....this is America! We should alow pistols in too to shoot off after touchdowns!

I think they should allow sales of Beer and beer only and cut it off after the 3rd qt.

I'm always amazed at how many people want to spend a football game standing in line for the john.