Drew Ott scooter accident!

When will the U of I ban scooters? Do more athletes use them there because the campus is more spread out? Sucks for the kid, but you gotta wear a helmet! Hope he gets better soon.

You guys know how there are all those signs that say "hit a road worker, $10,000 fine and 14 years in prison?" I think we need the same for Iowa players on scooters.

For ****s sake. What's next. Just give the game to those I king idiots from water town. I'm going back to bed.

That's it. I'm going to move to IC and start a rickshaw company. Anyone want to be a silent partner??

http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/ott-injured-in-scooter-accident-20140909

IOWA CITY — Iowa defensive end Drew Ott was injured in a scooter accident early Monday morning, Iowa City Police Department documents confirm.

The police report states that the subject was “down,” which means Ott wasn’t up and moving around. The 6-4, 270-pound junior was taken to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics with “non-life threatening” injuries.

Ott was driving his scooter westbound on Benton Street Monday morning. A driver was eastbound on Greenwood drive when they turned north in front of Ott. The driver was cited for failure to yield on a left turn, according to Iowa City Police.
Ott wasn’t wearing a helmet.

Ott recorded a team and career-high 13 tackles against Ball State last weekend. He also had 2.5 tackles for loss and a sack and forced fumble that sealed the victory with 25 seconds left and was named the Big Ten defensive player of the week. Ott also was a candidate for national defensive player of the week.

Ott’s availability for this weekend’s Iowa State game is unknown. The University of Iowa had no immediate comment. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz addresses the media today at 11:40 a.m.

I love that...no one knows if the guy is ok, and they thrown in "we don't know if he can play Saturday"...thanks...that's all that's important. Can he play with that contusion on his head? Please just wrap it up and throw him out there.

Latest posts