Don’t forget, nearly 50 recruits saw that

The fact that anyone talks about recruiting anymore is funny, When you are lucky to grab only 2 and 3 star project players... who cares.... there are thousands of these kids and we get 25 or 30 a year, the truth is I can go to a frat intramural football game on any campus and find a better punter than our 5 mil a year coach shows how important recruiting is to our coach...zero...zilch///// we battle MAC teams for players.... BFD

you are so painfully ignorant about our recruitment that you would be better off to just be quiet.

The TE from Illinois Mineman i know i tortured the spelling comitted to iowa. Notre dame michigan and a host of other schools had offered him

The 50 recruits will see they had a game won against a top 20 team until the last minute of the game in a fantastic environment. Most people aren't ridiculous, the whole world is falling in, our team sucks, our coaches suck, we got out coached, our qb sucks, our coach makes too much money, our team obviously gave no effort, our coaches didn't want to win, our preseason schedule cost us, negative nancies. Guessing most of our recruits aren't either. They will care more about the quality of the game they saw in an electric environment more than they will care that we didn't score 50 points tonight. Football players understand some games you score a ton, sometimes you're in a war, and they saw an awesome battle tonight. They won't remember this game as negatively as our "fan-base" is apparently.
What the recruits saw (and heard) was an incredible show of fan support! Honestly that was the loudest most energetic crowd I ever been a part of in 37 years of following the Hawks. Loud before the game up to the Stanley int. I was proud to be a part of that crowd. Let me see them attend another game like it all year.

Sure, it would have been better for recruiting to have won the game, but don't think there was anything about that game that would turn recruits away. They saw one of the best game atmospheres in college football and saw us play a game we would have won, if it wasn't for a couple stupid mistakes on special teams, against a ranked rival

I didn't realize recruits only commit to undefeated teams.

What would turn them away is that we are second fiddle choke artists.

Also can add that the only reason the OC has a job as an OC is because he is the HC's son, he wouldnt be a OC at any other p5 school out there...just stupid he got the job.

I'm guessing Saturday night actually helped our recruiting a lot. Great atmosphere - great game - Iowa wins more football games then most programs in the country year in and year out. Not more than Wisconsin tho, no argument there.

BF has no feel for play calling in a game (fluid environment). That Connie defense is not that good. They just have better coaches than we do. It's that simple. And the year to year records reflect that fact.

They have certainly been a well coached team for a long time now. I think Alvarez has a blueprint on how to beat Kirk and passes it around from new coach to new coach. They are clearly Kirk's biggest boogy man. I would have said OSU until last year lol.

It also does us zero favors that the B1G keeps scheduling us for marquee games to open conference play. We need to play Minnesota to open conference play. We are always better then them even early in the season. Give us Wisconsin on Black Friday or Halloween week. And give us our crossover games right before and right after our bye. That is a good schedule for Iowa. I expect the B1G to implement this immediately out of favoritism for Iowa.

Iowa averaged over 7 yards a play on offense - they averaged 4.8 per rush and 11.1 per pass. Those are winning #'s for Iowa. I get that we want to blame the OC because of who he is, but there's a more telling stat that I am unsure why it's not the first thing people mention.

After 9 years...you gotta start putting it on the coaches. That's my point.

Lack of ability to beat the team that controls the division is exactly what is put on almost all coaches. I still think we get alot of wins this year. Will it be a disappointment? Yes, every year is a disappointment once a loss comes. It could still be a great season once we all get over the sting of reality. Enjoy the kids man they will be all new guys in 2 years. Then this offseason we can allow thoughts of grandeur to fill our heads. We can start the rollercoaster all over again with what for all indications will be a strong team.

200 yards rushing, little to zero pressure on the QB most of the night, squandered 4th quarter lead.

Special teams had 2 turnovers, 1 inside our own 20, as well as fair catching one at our own 5.

Offense was far from perfect, but the D and ST own this one more than they do.

The pass blocking was outstanding, especially after last year. If you would have told me Wisconsin wouldn't have a single sack and Stanley would have over 11 YPA and Iowa's average rush was more than Jonathon Taylor's average, I would have thought Iowa wins by at least two TDs.

Latest posts