Don't dismiss the NCAA Tournament talk...

Every year you can count on someone to make this ridiculous statement.

So...you are saying that every single team in the NCAA tournament is better than the team that wins the NIT?
Your credibility = none.

Exactly. 69th best, No way.

69th most relevant... yes.

So...you are saying that every single team in the NCAA tournament is better than the team that wins the NIT?
Your credibility = none.

Definitely worth getting upset about.

Your credibility = none.

Good Lord people, it was a joke. Lots of high strung posters on here.

RPI is not very important. If you watched ESPN at all this weekend you would have heard Greg Shaheen state it multiple times. It is used as an organizational tool. They never discuss teams and say, well geez I like Iowa, but their RPI is so low. RPI is stupid, it is a simple calculation and will soon be replaced with better ranking systems, i.e. Kenpom, BPI.

Jon Miller
@HawkeyeNation

ESPN lists Iowa's RPI at 79.. the worst RPI for an at large team since RPI restructure in 2005 is 67. You can hope, but reality is NIT

I agree with pin2win and Jon. Iowa needed one more win to get on the bubble and probably two more to get in. That is because their non-conference SOS was so bad. A little stronger of scheduling (just drop off one or two 300 RIP schools for 200 ones), and they are in with 21 wins.

I remember that Stevie Alford was always proud of his NIT "March Situations." Lick dropped us to an even lower level. Now we're climbing out of that crevasse and we'll be seeing the NIT on our way back to our NCAA participation. Natural progression.

Your credibility = none.

Your sarcasm detector needs to be adjusted...

Don't like the statement that Iowa is a few steps away from competing with the big boys. Absolutely false. They competed tooth and nail with everyone in the Big Ten (possibly minus 1/2 against MI) and that is fact.

Latest posts